The Disney Thread: For Everything Concerning the House of Mouse

I don't know what kind of deal Disney made with Alan Tudyk, but they're getting some great voice acting out of him in their last few films.

I noticed the name, too. It just keeps popping up! Started paying attention after I got curious as to who did the Ed Wynn impression for King Candy in Wreck-It Ralph, and he just doesn't seem to be stopping.

--Patrick

I noticed the name, too. It just keeps popping up! Started paying attention after I got curious as to who did the Ed Wynn impression for King Candy in Wreck-It Ralph, and he just doesn't seem to be stopping.

--Patrick
Because you saw his name associated with it, or because you know Alan Tudyk from his live action work?

No, I looked up who did the voice, and that was my first interest in the actor.

--Patrick
Ahhhh... got it. Well, if you like him, as we've indicated above, he's got a pretty well-known body of live action tv and film work. He's a pretty good character actor.

B

BErt

My fandom for Alan Tyduk grew as you'd expect through A Knights Tale, Dodgeball, Firefly, Tucker & Dale...so it was a little jarring seeing his character in 42 :eek:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHNEWGRAVITYFALLSYESYESYES! Nick Offerman plays a secret government agent(plus for inside jokes), also
GRUNKLE STAN KICKS ZOMBIE ASS SQUEEEEEEEEEE!
Kinda wish my DVR didn't have that annoying habit of recording the end of a show I wasn't watching and cutting off the very end, but obviously it went online probably 20 seconds after it aired so I was able to catch the very end.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHNEWGRAVITYFALLSYESYESYES! Nick Offerman plays a secret government agent(plus for inside jokes), also
GRUNKLE STAN KICKS ZOMBIE ASS SQUEEEEEEEEEE!
Kinda wish my DVR didn't have that annoying habit of recording the end of a show I wasn't watching and cutting off the very end, but obviously it went online probably 20 seconds after it aired so I was able to catch the very end.
That's not your dvr doing that, it's the network playing with their timing to try to keep people from changing the channel. Just go into your settings and add a minute or two to the recording of the programs that you want it to record. My TiVo does that fairly easily and I do pad my recordings of shows that I want to make sure that I catch ALL of it.

That's not your dvr doing that, it's the network playing with their timing to try to keep people from changing the channel.
They're doing it to punish the DVR and Tivo people. When they discovered that everybody was actually time-shifting rather than watching them as they aired, they started advancing/delaying shows by a hair to keep people from being able to record across channels without buying multiple DVRs.

--Patrick

They're doing it to punish the DVR and Tivo people. When they discovered that everybody was actually time-shifting rather than watching them as they aired, they started advancing/delaying shows by a hair to keep people from being able to record across channels without buying multiple DVRs.

--Patrick
Technology has already defeated them. 1 TiVo, 6 tuners. I own it.

The shifting of times for shows started long before dvrs were popular. I remember way back in the early 80s that it was being done, basically to keep you from seeing the opening of a show on another network and making it less likely for the average person to not change the channel.

My wife just made me set a season pass to record "Girl Meets World."

The shifting of times for shows started long before dvrs were popular. I remember way back in the early 80s that it was being done, basically to keep you from seeing the opening of a show on another network and making it less likely for the average person to not change the channel.
TBS used to schedule everything at X:05 and X:35