[Movies] The DC Cinematic Universe - The David Zazlav Dumpster Fire.

A lighter Batman? I'm all for that. And just to cement that point, I'll just leave this here:

Because honestly, the super-dark, serious Batman that everyone thinks he's supposed to be has really only been around since the 80s, with The Dark Knight Returns and Year One.
Campy Batman was only around from 1942'ish to 1969. Actually when Batman was on TV the comic had already turned dark.

Not to mention it started kinda dark to begin with. Original Batman was kind of a fucking monster at times.
Right, one of his first comics he machine gunned a car from the Batplane.[DOUBLEPOST=1377537665,1377537626][/DOUBLEPOST]But he knew he would not kill the driver because the driver was a vampire.

The negative reaction to Affleck's casting is reaching mindboggling levels. I'm skeptical about Affleck being Batman, but I'm not going to write and sign a petition for it. If it really is that bad, worse comes to worst, I'll just not see this film.

The negative reaction to Affleck's casting is reaching mindboggling levels. I'm skeptical about Affleck being Batman, but I'm not going to write and sign a petition for it. If it really is that bad, worse comes to worst, I'll just not see this film.
That's exactly what I did for the latest Spider-Man film and the Wolverine: Origins films.

Oh? WHat's she up to? Not reading the gossip pages of tabloids really limits my exposure to....well, most of this Hollywood drama crap I don't care about :p
She gave a really lewd performance at some award show or something. I saw the video of it, and it was more awkward and cringe-inducing than sexy. And I say this as a guy who is capable of finding the sexy in almost anything.

Wow, Miley Cyrus actually creeped you out?

Bhamv, do you know how hard you would have laughed five years ago if someone would have told you that?

Maybe I am just getting old, but even with the greatest Marvel film to date (Iron Man, IMHO), it's still just a flippin comic-book movie. A predictable, paint-by-numbers plot with safe directing and writing with a talented lead. It's fun and entertaining. It's not Art. It's not timeless.

With the way films are going nowadays I don't think that I am going to be wowed more than once every two years or so. Right now I am more impressed by stuff on "t.v." than I am with anything on the big screen.

So, if they make a Ben Affleck Batman movie and it sucks terribly? Eh, they'll just make another one in a couple of years anyway...