[Movies] The DC Cinematic Universe - The David Zazlav Dumpster Fire.

There's a scene in one of the Christian Bale movies that has Batman launching missiles at parked cars to get them out of his way as he rides on his Batcycle. Or something like that, where the chances of innocent casualties is pretty damn high. That Batman certainly didn't have such rules, either.
Pretty much the only Batman who wasn't willing to kill AND was on the big screen was probably the George Clooney one (Forever, Batman and Robin). Certainly not the Keaton one or the Bale one.

Oh, and of course the Adam West Batman.

Dave

Staff member
So not excited for another Harley Quinn movie. Margot is a really good actress, but DC movies are terrible and the way people go nuts at everything Harley is tiring.

Some things that are no longer rumors:

The Batman, directed by Matt Reeves, will release June 2021. Ben Affleck is gone as long suspected.

James Gunn is now actively working on Suicide Squad 2, due out August 2021. Someone at Disney whispers "oops" under his breath.

The Batman, directed by Matt Reeves, will release June 2021. Ben Affleck is gone as long suspected.

James Gunn is now actively working on Suicide Squad 2, due out August 2021. Someone at Disney whispers "oops" under his breath.
DC's apparently doing a Batman Beyond animated movie in response to Marvel's animated hit Spider-Man: Into the Spiderverse.

DC needs to stop being reactionary.

EDIT: To be clear, I am a HUGE Batman Beyond fan. I'm just kind of angry that it took THIS long for to happen, it's only happening because Marvel did it first and it worked, and that I'm unlikely to get a live action version now. I'm STILL going to watch it.

Last edited:

There's something about this headline that made me LOL in regards to this news:

20190131_144240.jpg

They're "fans," not fans. "People," not people. They're idiots who don't deserve to be lumped in with those of us with even the bare minimum of basic human decency. :facepalm:

I'm way overdue, but I finally saw AQUAMAN this past weekend.

I had a lot of fun with it. I loved how they were like, "Screw it! Everyone rides seahorses and sharks like it's a regular thing! And there's an octopus playing the drums because of course there is!"

The special effects and action was top notch. I dug Jason Momoa in the role, even if his characterization was kind of awkwardly all over the place.

Along with Aquaman's character, I found the tone all over the place. First, it feels like an epic fantasy ala Lord of the Rings. Then it's a globe trotting Indiana Jones adventure. Then it's suddenly a monster horror movie. Then back to Lord of the Rings. Just all over the place.

But it was still a lot of fun and the kind of Aquaman movie I always kinda hoped for or expected (minus the breakneck change in tone). I'm glad I finally saw it.

They're "fans," not fans. "People," not people. They're idiots who don't deserve to be lumped in with those of us with even the bare minimum of basic human decency. :facepalm:
The incels have been out in force giving Captain Marvel fake one-star reviews. You can practically smell the flat Mountain Dew, rancid Slim Jims, and hand lotion.

Thankfully they will never breed.

That is quite a change. One I'm excited for, but that's a big casting swing.
Yeah, apparently Will Smith is not returning to play Deadshot, so I guess they're getting Idris Elba to fill in.

I must admit, it's going to be interesting to see how the Suicide Squad sequel will turn out, considering James Gunn is writing and directing it.

Yeah, apparently Will Smith is not returning to play Deadshot, so I guess they're getting Idris Elba to fill in.

I must admit, it's going to be interesting to see how the Suicide Squad sequel will turn out, considering James Gunn is writing and directing it.
I'm gonna say it'll probably be at least 75% less shitty.

I'm gonna say it'll probably be at least 75% less shitty.
That sounds like a safe bet. James Gunn writing and directing, Idris Elba as Deadshot, Margot Robbie and reportedly Viola Davis returning for their parts.

Yeah, I think the sequel's going to turn out fine.

Well the reviews for Shazam are in and they're fantastic. I've been kinda burnt out on superhero movies but I thought the previews looked good, so maybe I'll go see this one.

Zack Snyder on Batman and Superman killing:

I'm like fuck.. really. Like... like .. like .. like I'm like wake the FUCK UP. It's like ya know that's all. That's what I'm saying about like once you've lost your virginity to this FUCKIN' movie and then you come and say to me something about like 'oh my superhero wouldn't do that.' I'm like I'm like down the fuckin' road on that, you know what I mean? And it's a cool point of view. Like I'm 100% fine .. it's a cool POV to be like 'My heroes are innocent. My heroes didn't like fuckin, ya know, LIE to America. My heroes didn't fuckin' ya know embezzle money, my heroes didn't fuckin' commit any atrocities. I'm like that's cool but you're livin' in a fuckin' dreamworld. And I guess, ya know, so the cool thing is like mythologically-speaking I'm 100% fine and by the way I love anything more than Superman and Batman, but in the same way that Alan Moore was fed up with the fuckin' like OK 'no ya know .. they do THIS.