The Awesome Videos Thread (with Extra Sauce!)

figmentPez

Staff member
If you've seen anything about how a recent movie has "no CGI", chances are it's a load of crap.

"No CGI" is really just invisible CGI Parts 1 & 2 from The Movie Rabbit Hole

Last edited:

figmentPez

Staff member
If you've seen anything about how a recent movie has "no CGI", chances are it's a load of crap.

"No CGI" is really just invisible CGI Parts 1 & 2 from The Movie Rabbit Hole

Part 3 is now up. TL;DW matte paintings have been used extensively in films since 1905, stop being so upset about digital sets.

It deserves it. It's a great song, and her rendition of it is still the one that haunts me the most.

--Patrick
Couldn't agree more. I've been a fan of Chapman since "New Beginning" came out in 1995, and I still just adore her voice and overall vocal style.

Here we go. I filmed today's 16 KM ride with my GoPro. To change things up, I tried setting up the camera in different ways and filmed myself biking by.

I think it turned out really well! Some spots to improve, either in set up or editing, but not bad at all. I had a lot of fun figuring out where I could set it up for shots.

Here we go. I filmed today's 16 KM ride with my GoPro. To change things up, I tried setting up the camera in different ways and filmed myself biking by.

I think it turned out really well! Some spots to improve, either in set up or editing, but not bad at all. I had a lot of fun figuring out where I could set it up for shots.

Neat!

I'm always a little amazed at the weather you have to deal with.

I've been a fan of this YouTuber for awhile. She worked as a Disney party princess, and worked in various hotels, including Disney. She has some really funny skits where she'll play different characters. It has almost a Pitch Meeting but with customer service vibe to it.

Here are two of my favourites she's posted recently.

figmentPez

Staff member
I've been a fan of this YouTuber for awhile. She worked as a Disney party princess, and worked in various hotels, including Disney. She has some really funny skits where she'll play different characters. It has almost a Pitch Meeting but with customer service vibe to it.

Here are two of my favourites she's posted recently.

I mentioned Jessica Vanel on the Halforums Discord, since @DarkAudit has been active there, but not on the forums. She's fantastic and I love both her skits, and when she talks about insider information about hotels and Disney. I had a good laugh at her recent video explaining the difference between hotels using a pineapple as a symbol of hospitality, and upside down pineapples meaning something completely different ("ya nasties").

I enjoy the genre of "one person acting out work stories" trend in short videos lately. It gives me real "theatre kid" vibes, which I am here for. See also:

Drew Talbert / Bistro Huddy

AlanaFinewoman

this German tongue-twister about a group of barbarians eating rhubarb pie while getting haircuts at Barbara's place, set to music, has no right to slap as hard as it does.

"Oh, but Patrick," I hear you say. "Shouldn't this be in the tech subforum?"
"No," I reply. "It belongs here."

Grand Theft Auto: Vice City...run on top of Debian linux on a TP-Link router.
It's gonna be the new Doom.

--Patrick