The Awesome Videos Thread (with Extra Sauce!)

fade

Staff member
The parallel outfits in BTTF and The Walk was the best part, though I suspect that probably was intentional.

GasBandit

Staff member
That's what bothers me the most. Not the hoverboard. WHERE'S MAH DANGED MISTER FUSION?????
Was it ever explicitly stated that Doc Brown got Mister Fusion in 2015? I always thought he jumped ahead further to get that. Maybe I missed it.

Was it ever explicitly stated that Doc Brown got Mister Fusion in 2015? I always thought he jumped ahead further to get that. Maybe I missed it.
Pretty sure he went further forward. When they landed in 2015 he parked in front of a Fusion industries home generator, and it was very large. His 1.21GW requirements would need something much more powerful than a one home or even one building generator, and it would need to be smaller.

Elsewhere on the internet someone suggested that at one point he mentions that he's parked off the main roads because his vehicle isn't street legal, but that could refer to a number of modifications he's made to it, not just the fusion generator.

figmentPez

Staff member
This video is aimed at the advertising industry, but I think it likely applies to a lot of creative work, especially artists who are expected to work for "exposure".

GasBandit

Staff member
Speaking as someone in the advertising industry, we definitely only do spec spots for a client we are pretty sure will be spending money immediately, and even then we make sure to tightly control access so that we don't produce something they can take somewhere else without paying us.[DOUBLEPOST=1446863188,1446863070][/DOUBLEPOST]But yes, advertising agencies do fuck us in the butt by making us reduce our rates for them and give them free advertising routinely, with the exact phraseology the guy in the video used... "We've got other radio stations that will do this for us, so play ball or get nothing."

So, to me, the final line of the video would speak more to me by saying "it's time to say no to added value."

fade

Staff member
You need aim assist because aiming is actually challenging. Who can't point a mouse at something? My 68 year old mother in law literally does that every day.