The Awesome Videos Thread (with Extra Sauce!)

Yeah, there's that. There's also the fact that we can SEE THE LANDING SITES using telescopes. And firing LASERS at reflectors LEFT ON THE SURFACE of the MOON.

(blows some dust off his model LEM on top of his desk)

Shamelessly stolen from Reddit:

No. No you're not.

Also, bonus video!

--Patrick

figmentPez

Staff member
I won't pretend to understand how someone could love a train so much, but it's pretty awesome that he's got that. I wouldn't appreciate it at all, but he clearly loves it, and I love that type of enthusiasm.

GasBandit

Staff member
I found this interesting; songs done in minor keys converted to major.

... When I used to have time and inclination to do it, I would sometimes indulge my meager musical talents to rewrite song in major keys to minor keys (though nothing so grand and technologically impressive as this, more like my own renditions on a casio keyboard or in modplug tracker. Everything is cooler in a minor key. This video is... like the antithesis of that. It's impressive. But I have a strongly adverse reaction to it. Nnnnyygghh.

GasBandit

Staff member
How Russians play accordians.

[DOUBLEPOST=1358798061]
[/DOUBLEPOST]WHY is this so HARD (and why do they film it)

GasBandit

Staff member
Unicorns. It starts off insufferable, but stick with it. Trust me.

!
[DOUBLEPOST=1358800919][/DOUBLEPOST]How to be manly, chapter 35.

GasBandit

Staff member
Do you know anything about Techno?

(Viewer Advisory: Rated P9 for PAINFULLY 90s)

!
[DOUBLEPOST=1358971608][/DOUBLEPOST]An American's first encounter with that strange bathroom fixture, the bidet

GasBandit

Staff member
For the major/minor key discussion:
How coincidental - the song that got me on to shifting things into the minor key was the Civ 1 "Americans" theme, which was the battle hymn of the republic done in a minor key.

The amiga version of it is at 1:44 in this video:

Of course, I didn't have a sound blaster at first when I got the game (though I did later), so it sounded like this (first part of the video):

Remember how ghandi's indian theme made you think something was wrong with the computer? heh

Also, the Command and Conquer: Holland mod for C&C Generals has a pretty well done minor key shifted (and slightly militarized/rockified) version of the Dutch national anthem.

(for reference, this is the actual Dutch national anthem)

GasBandit

Staff member
POSTBLITZ!

Here's a more polished version, I think, of the star spangled banner in a minor key -

I find your lack of freedom... disturbing.