[TV] Talk about the last TV you watched, the catchall thread

So, since we all carry corporate spying devices at all times in our pockets and our purse, my phone has detected more Voyager talk than usual from me. So this video was recommended to me on Youtube suddenly. Thanks spy device, you did good.

An episode called The Disease, this should be interesting. I don't remember this one at all.

AND IT'S ABOUT HARRY KIM'S FUCKING LOVE LIFE...GOD DAMN IT VOYAGER.

God damn bait and switch title. You may as well have named it Exciting Adventure and have the episode be about Vorik cleaning plasma injectors.

Last edited:
Tom and B'Elana is the worst romance in all of Star Trek. They had less than zero chemistry.

The only other cast relationship I can think of to compare it to is Dax and Worf and those two made it work so much better.

OOOOOOH, I'm forgetting Trip and T'Pol. Yeah, that one sucked more.

Tom and B'Elana is the second worst romance in all of Star Trek.

I was thinking about Vorik and how he reminds me of that vulcan on Next Gen in that episode about lower ranked folk on the Enterprise.

And it's the same actor. God damn it Voyager.

Holo-Boothby.....that's the fucking WORST boxing advice given in ANY fiction EVER. ABSOLUTE worst.

I'm completely aghast. It's insane.

Of all of Voyager's weird bad writing, this is some of the worst.

Chakotay isn't Homer Simpson Boothby you incompetent hack. When did this old fart have time for fucking gardening?

Oh, and your family doctor suppressed the gene before you were born did he Chaks? That sounds like genetic engineering to me.

OOOOOOH, I'm forgetting Trip and T'Pol. Yeah, that one sucked more.
At least Trip and T'Pol had the excuse of being from two wildly different cultures that didn't interact well with each other at the best of times. But their relationship gets SO dumb in the end...

According to the novels, Jake Sisko and Nog apparently dug up old classified information that suggests Trip didn't actually die, but was surgically altered to look Vulcan and lived out the rest of his life with T'Pol on Vulcan after the events of "These are the Voyages of...", where they had another kid; they first TRUE Human/Vulcan hybrid.

Scott Thompson is such a joy, his character almost makes up for "WHAT IS THIS HUMAN EMOTION CALLED LOVE?" Seven of Nine plot.

Henry Janeway is the least likeable character in the history of the world. I couldn't imagine a more insufferable person.

It's always bugged me about Voyager that they protrayed the late 90's-2000 as completely like our world. It would have been far more interesting to have done modern day Earth the way it was supposed to be in Star Trek, the Eugenics wars, pre-WW3, etc.

DS9 did it. Come on Voyager.

Oh, Relativity. Time episodes are so shit.

Why bother bringing back Lt. Carey for the pre-launch past for Voyager? He never died that I know of, they just stopped using him on the show for some reason. So weird.

The temporal psychosis thing makes fucking ZERO sense.

This is easily one of the worst time travel stories in all of Star Trek. Even for Star Trek's awful time travel stories.

Last edited:
I'm being overly negative, I did really like the episodes Juggernaut and Think Tank, even though B'Elena's become cartoonishly angry when the plot calls for it.

Equinox Part 1.

"How often have you broken the Prime Directive?"

"Broken it? Never." FUCK YOU JANEWAY YOU LYING BITCH!

And Voyager point blank no shields blasted the Equinox and nothing happened....like come on Star Trek folk... We see Voyager blast ship sized chunks off of Borg vessels and their weapons do nothing to a short range, minimally armed science vessel?

I kind of wish this episode had made the Equinox crew more sympathetic, but they're almost cartoonishly evil. Especially their super villain Doctor. Speaking of the Doctor, the moment they disabled his ethical subroutines, he's suddenly loyal to the Equinox crew, while their own evil Doctor is UNWAVERINGLY loyal to the Equinox crew too....shouldn't their Doctor turn on them just as quickly as Voyager's?

Last edited:
Equinox Part 1.

"How often have you broken the Prime Directive?"

"Broken it? Never." FUCK YOU JANEWAY YOU LYING BITCH!
The implication here is that she thinks she's only maybe bent it a few times. You and I know this is a lie. Let me list a few ways that Janeway has broken the Prime Directive just up to THAT point.

- Caretaker: She denied the Kazon, a species with a lower level of technology than the Federation, access to the Caretaker Array, something they would have otherwise done had she not gotten involved. She argues this was to save the Ocampa, but that was a lie.

- Jetrel: She aided and abetted a known war criminal of a race with lower tech than her own. That he was ultimately trying to do a good thing (undo the damage he had caused) is irrelevant; it's still a violation.

- Prototype: She allowed B'Elana to reactivate the robot and gave it the means to reproduce, which would have tipped the tide of a war had they not destroyed it and the reproduction modules. Janeway ADMITS this is a violation in the very episode it happens.

- Basics: She surrendered Voyager and all it's technology to the Kazon, who would have used it to try and conquer the Delta Quadrant had they not regained control. By refusing to destroy Voyager, she not only violated the Prime Directive and aided an enemy force, she showed her general unfitness for command. She literally should have had the ship self-destruct and killed everyone onboard than let that species have the ship.

- Swarm: She invaded alien space, killed thousands (if not more) and ignored the culture of the species she almost annihilated.

- Scorpion: She traded technology with the Borg, a species known to be hostile to the Federation. THIS she have gotten her thrown in prison.

- Demon: Holy shit, she literally caused the creation and evolution of an entire species. This was accidental, sure, but the damage is SO much worse than you think and I don't think you've gotten that far yet.

- The Killing Game: She gave the Hirogen holodeck/hologram technology. I don't think you're far enough in to know WHY this was so fucking stupid.

That's just so far. SO FAR. Season 6 has a few doozies itself.

I know how the Demon one turns out, that's late season 5.

Also, I HAVE seen most of Voyager. It's just been a very long time.

I am having a HELL of time with these episodes.

An entire episode of Barclay's sad...sad...SAD holo addiction. This fucking episode is so cringey with the wahjah factor amped to critical levels. Blech. Followed by Fairhaven....DOUBLE blech. At least Blink of an Eye was a perfectly enjoyable romp (except the Doctor being all to happy to abandon the life he was living, apparently leaving behind a wife and adopted son, out of nowhere).

Virtuoso was torture.

AND the next one starts with Tom and B'Elana watching public domain black and white TV. I swear to God, Voyager fucking hates me specifically. This is a hateful, painful show.

Last edited:
Memorial can go fuck itself.

The deep, disturbing violation that fucking monument inflicts on people is unconscionable. Once again, the 90's lack of understanding of mental health is on full display. Fuck the writers for this piece of shit and for making the characters' justifications for keeping the monument active so shitty.

The next episode is a silly episode guest starring the Rock. I'm all in for this.

Episode starts with a tiny, tiny hirogen fighting some alien I don't recognize. Thought hirogen were supposed to be behemoths.

PS: Memorial has top ten worst writing of any Voyager episode.

Man, I lied, this Tsunnkaatsseezzzeee episode is pretty hard to watch. They capture a vulcan and a human borg drone and they're all about the drone...despite that Tuvok is a martial arts master and a vulcan, someone FAR, FAR beyond a human in physical capacity, which the little scans should be able to tell immediately. We get it Voyager. It's the Star Trek of Nine show now.

Sidenote, it's funny how many DS9 regulars they cram into this episode.

I'm just gonna stop writing about the episode until it's done.

Last edited:

GasBandit

Staff member
Every time Tuvok comes up in discussion, I can't help but remember that UCB episode about "Little Donny Disease."

"Tuvok NEVER gonna find his way home!"

Memorial can go fuck itself.

The deep, disturbing violation that fucking monument inflicts on people is unconscionable. Once again, the 90's lack of understanding of mental health is on full display. Fuck the writers for this piece of shit and for making the characters' justifications for keeping the monument active so shitty.
Wasn't the implication that the monument was malfunctioning and spreading it's signal way too far?

Every time Tuvok comes up in discussion, I can't help but remember that UCB episode about "Little Donny Disease."

"Tuvok NEVER gonna find his way home!"
That wasn't an episode, it was a full-on special.

Wasn't the implication that the monument was malfunctioning and spreading it's signal way too far?

That wasn't an episode, it was a full-on special.
Yeah, it was malfunctioning and some of the crew were arguing to shut it down. Neelix pulls the "PEOPLE MUST REMEMBER" before anyone even suggests fixing it. It was also implied that the PTSD would be permanent, BUT TOTALLY WORTH IT to remember 81 people 300 years ago. And Janeway even says after they plan to fix it that "We'll make it run another 300 years." What happens then Janeway? Then it starts inflicting lifelong PTSD and makes more people remember crimes they never committed. This is an evil nightmare device that should be shut down permanently. Fuck you Janeway and fuck you Neelix, it is NOT imperative to inflict those memories on people.

The episode is really, truly terrible.

AND NOW, I'm into a second Fairhaven episode. Fuck Fairhaven. Fuck you Voyager writers.

Ugh, next is the Kobali, a species everyone has every right to loath. I don't even know how STO keeps them as good guys, they're literally hoarding Vaardwaur bodies waiting for them to die. They are parasites.

Last edited:
I made the mistake of watching an episode of Next Generation.

Voyager sucks so God damn bad in comparison. Q was a menacing, but playful adversary in TNG. He's a doddering goof in Voyager. The borg are a horrifying, implacable enemy that requires immense effort and sacrifice to overcome in TNG, they're barely an issue in Voyager.

I hate this show. I used to be indifferent towards Voyager, but I'm beginning to actively loath every episode I watch.

Voyager lost more shuttles than DS9 did Runabouts and that show spent 3+ seasons in an intergalactic war.

You know you have to make it to the end though, right? For us?

Let us know when you're nearing season 7 so we can vote on what you watch next. I'm thinking Stargate Antlantis but I'm not married to it.

Muse was actually a pretty cute episode. I liked it a lot. I mean, it tears apart the prime directive like a piece of scrap paper, but the episode itself was good.

That shot of old Kes walking down the corridor in Fury is the worst special effects in all of Star Trek. Kirk fighting the Gorn looked less shitty.

Uh, this is worse than Threshold. I don't remember ever watching this piece of shit. Was this some big final fuck you to the character Kes? Holy shit, how this isn't considered the worst episode of Voyager I do not understand.

Last edited:
Muse was actually a pretty cute episode. I liked it a lot. I mean, it tears apart the prime directive like a piece of scrap paper, but the episode itself was good.
I actually disagree. The most important thing, prime directive wise, is that no technology was transferred. Most of what happened was against B'Elana's will and most of it wasn't interpreted correctly so it's not like drawings of Voyager are floating around on the planet. B'Elana might have had an effect on the region's influence, but it's a single, small region and she wasn't the primary driving force of that change; the bard was. As such, I wouldn't call this a Prime Directive violation unless they find out that these people kept telling the story of Voyager for a thousand years or something.

You know you have to make it to the end though, right? For us?

Let us know when you're nearing season 7 so we can vote on what you watch next. I'm thinking Stargate Antlantis but I'm not married to it.
We should pick something @Frank will hate.

I vote for the Orville.