[TV] Talk about the last TV you watched, the catchall thread

...first episode of season 5. They're in that void space (which is apparently beyond the light of any stars in the galaxy...while being in the middle of the galaxy). Power goes down. Tom and Seven are on the holodeck. Instead of the holodeck turning off, just the lights go off. What the fuck Voyager writers?

Shit is dopey.

Not to mention the overly heavy handed environmentalism allegory, but those are classic Star Trek.
It's also a pretty poor moment of Janeway.

The Malon are complete nonsense. They produce SO much radiation that they need to dump it elsewhere, always seemingly on some other species' doorstep. Do Voyager's writers even understand how fucking vast space is? The nigh infinite tracts of space between stars.

Last edited:
Ugh, Once Upon a Time is "THAT ONE EPISODE". You know, that one where you'll be channel surfing and tune into a show you only casually watch in reruns and it's the one you seem to see over and over and over and over again. Every time I'd tune into Voyager on Space it seems like it would be this fucking episode.

For DS9 it's that stupid early season episode where they get turned into game pieces in some Gamma quadrant alien game.

For TNG it's the rad episode where Picard and co come back to the Enterprise frozen in time in some incident with a romulan warbird. (This episode rules)

For TOS, it's Who Mourns for Adonis? The greek alien space god episode.

I've seen every episode of Stars Trek and can tell you what episode of Next Gen it is within about 5 seconds of any footage, but I'll be God damned if I remember the names of the episodes.

It's funny watching a show like Voyager kind of tackle stuff like depression. It really shines a light on how far we've come on the topic since the 90s. I mean, Chakotay basically cures B'Elana of depression by telling her to stop being depressed. Then the next episode we get Tom Paris put into solitary confinement for 30 days, which we KNOW is inhumane torture.

Then the next episode we get Tom Paris put into solitary confinement for 30 days, which we KNOW is inhumane torture.
And yet they still do it more humanely than we would. Neelix brings him nutritious food, if not particularly exciting or interesting... we'd be feeding Paris nutraloaf today. He also gets visits from The Doctor to check on his well being. In the US, the prison would have to be non-responsive or vomiting everywhere to get a visit from the cut-rate prison doc.

SOMEWHAT.

Tom pleads with the Doctor due to the psychiatric stress and the Doctor literally tells him that's the point of solitary.

Ew.

I think I'd blocked all this shitty Captain Proton crap out of my memory.

THIS SHIT makes me long for Vic's nightclub, my least favourite part of later DS9.

I think I'd blocked all this shitty Captain Proton crap out of my memory.

THIS SHIT makes me long for Vic's nightclub, my least favourite part of later DS9.
In hindsight, the Holodeck was a terrible addition to Star Trek. Sure, we got a couple neat Sherlock Data episodes, but we got so much more Capt Proton/Vic Fontaine/Dixon Hill crap out of it.

SOMEWHAT.

Tom pleads with the Doctor due to the psychiatric stress and the Doctor literally tells him that's the point of solitary.

Ew.
It's absolut inhuman. He didn't even got visits from his girlfriend or any friend whatsoever.

In hindsight, the Holodeck was a terrible addition to Star Trek. Sure, we got a couple neat Sherlock Data episodes, but we got so much more Capt Proton/Vic Fontaine/Dixon Hill crap out of it.
We also got Robin Hood, the Three Musketeers and Reginald Barclay (One of my favorite characters). I'd say it did more good than harm.

That episode with Nog in the holodeck (suite) ((vulcan slave girl brothel)) with Vic is top 10 worst DS9 episodes easy.

I know my main reason for hating holodeck episodes is I'm not watching space adventure show in the far off distant space future to watch characters pretend to be fucking hardboiled 30s detectives or hang out in prohibition era night clubs. It doesn't matter how many times an accident causes them to malfunction or whatever.

I honestly just ignored all the Vic Fontaine parts of DS:9. I watched the episodes they were in, but I don't remember any of the bar scenes.

That episode with Nog in the holodeck (suite) ((vulcan slave girl brothel)) with Vic is top 10 worst DS9 episodes easy.
"It's Only A Paper Moon"? That episode is great, if you ignore ALL the Vic stuff. It's supposed to be about Nog dealing with his issues from the war (and yeah, he WAS NOT ready for Space Vietnam) and it does that well. It's just all the Vic stuff is... tiring?

The Heist episode from DS9 is great though. Too bad it's happening DURING THE HEIGHT OF THE DOMINION WAR.

I honestly just ignored all the Vic Fontaine parts of DS:9. I watched the episodes they were in, but I don't remember any of the bar scenes.
Them going there to hang out for a scene, whatever, entire episodes revolving around it? FUGGOFF.

"Tuvok, we've been stuck on this planet for minutes, even hours! You should cheat on your wife!"

Nice Tom. You suck SO fucking bad.

But we also got “Qpid*” and “A Fistful of Datas.”
...and an Animal House reference.

—Patrick
*Yes technically not a holodeck episode but still a holodeck episode.

Last edited:
I want to punch Tom Paris in the fucking face.

I don't remember disliking him this much. He sucks so fucking bad. Tuvok should have tossed his ass off that cliff.

I'll echo the sentiment that the Holodeck stuff was pretty funny and even really good sometimes as small vignettes, but seriously started sucking when whole episodes were built around it. And I'm aware that's still in TNG.

Naomi Wildman, why are you here?

I'm LOooooooOOOOOooonely.

Why...the fuck....do so many episodes focus on her?

Picard...
Ha ha ha, fuckin' Voyager.

I don't get why anyone would think the technologies the Hansens developed would be effective anymore. The Borg fucking assimilated them, you'd ASSUME (ass of you and me) that they'd have, you know, ADAPTED.

Naomi Wildman, why are you here?

I'm LOooooooOOOOOooonely.

Why...the fuck....do so many episodes focus on her?
...I just read a short summary about her, and despite having watched all if Voyager, I have absolutely no recollection of this character.

Ha ha ha, fuckin' Voyager.

I don't get why anyone would think the technologies the Hansens developed would be effective anymore. The Borg fucking assimilated them, you'd ASSUME (ass of you and me) that they'd have, you know, ADAPTED.
Like, Sisko's WHOLE FUCKING THING is that he hates Picard because he killed his wife when he was a Borg. It's a big fucking thing in the Trek universe. It kills me.