[TV] Talk about the last TV you watched, the catchall thread

Strange New Worlds continues to dominate my must watch list on Thursdays. I have yet to watch Secret invasion but SNW is just what the doctor ordered and this week continues the trend of just good trek shit.

For what it’s worth, I have a different opinion. I like it! I do have to admit the pace is slow at times. But it has some good character development for Nick Fury, and I find the story interesting so far.
Oh no, a differing opinion on the internet!

I think I need to call you a poopy head or something now. A big poopy head. With...poop on your head. Yeah, take that.

Oh no, a differing opinion on the internet!

I think I need to call you a poopy head or something now. A big poopy head. With...poop on your head. Yeah, take that.
I believe the traditional response is to tell you I will kick your ass… despite you being in another country and me not having any way (or intention) of tracking you down.

So, yeah… I’ll fight you and stuff.

"Those Old Scientists" will be available to stream starting today at 7pm. (Gizmodo)

Also, musical episode:

Lower Decks Season 4 Trailer

Not the best news, but Paramount confirmed that episodes 11 through 20 of Prodigy season 1 would be, as previously reported, receiving a physical release on blu-ray and DVD on September 26 (Gizmodo)

And Star Trek: Discovery is here too:

Last edited:
"Those Old Scientists" will be available to stream starting today at 7pm. (Gizmodo)

Also, musical episode:

Lower Decks Season 4 Trailer

Not the best news, but Paramount confirmed that episodes 11 through 20 of Prodigy season 1 would be, as previously reported, receiving a physical release on blu-ray and DVD on September 26 (Gizmodo)

And Star Trek: Discovery is here too:
What the fresh hell? I tried to play each of these and this is the result I got:

Video Unavailable.JPG

The Witcher
I watched the end of Season 3 and... look, I'm going to be honest; I watched all 3 seasons and I still don't understand what the fuck in going on. Or I just don't care. I think that's the problem. I haven't felt really engaged with the plight of this world. The actors who play Yen, Ciri and Tissaia are good. Jaskier is fine. And then I kind of stop caring about anyone else. I think I just have a thing for Henry Cavill in the white wig (which is odd, because he's never really done it for me in any other role). I don't know if Hemsworth-lite is going to keep me engaged to see where they're going with Season 4.

The Witcher
I watched the end of Season 3 and... look, I'm going to be honest; I watched all 3 seasons and I still don't understand what the fuck in going on. Or I just don't care. I think that's the problem. I haven't felt really engaged with the plight of this world. The actors who play Yen, Ciri and Tissaia are good. Jaskier is fine. And then I kind of stop caring about anyone else. I think I just have a thing for Henry Cavill in the white wig (which is odd, because he's never really done it for me in any other role). I don't know if Hemsworth-lite is going to keep me engaged to see where they're going with Season 4.
Emilia Clarke in the white wig got me through the final season of GoT despite her not really being my type in other media (though I still like her as an actress, she just needs to stop being in bad stuff)

figmentPez

Staff member
Lockwood & Co.

Binged this one in a single day. Haven't done that in a while. This is fantastic. I'm in love with the world and the characters. It's spooky and intense, but without being oppressive. I think the show does a fantastic job of putting in just the right amount of humor.

Lockwood & Co.

Binged this one in a single day. Haven't done that in a while. This is fantastic. I'm in love with the world and the characters. It's spooky and intense, but without being oppressive. I think the show does a fantastic job of putting in just the right amount of humor.
Juat based on your glowing review, I went to look it up to learn more about the series and...well, I hate being the bearer of bad news, but...

Good Omens 2
Even having seen some mild spoilers, I was not expecting most of the last episode. Very different overall feeling this season - more chill, different tone - but still very enjoyable to watch.

Watched the first two episodes of Ashoka.

It's definitely not accessible to new viewers. It's essentially a live action Season 5 of Star Wars: Rebels in all but name.

So far, it feels less like Ashoka's show, and more Sabine's.

Fortunately, as a fan of Star Wars: Rebels, myself?

I. Am. LOVING it.

It's incredibly well shot, the actors are all doing an amazing job, and the special effects are jaw-dropping. The lightsaber battle at the end of Ep 1 was phenomenally well shot with great choreography.

I haven't enjoyed Star Wars this much since the first season of The Mandalorian.

My only criticism so far is, as I said, Ashoka isn't in it a lot so far for a titular character. I think more screen time has been given to Sabine and the villains.

That's a minor criticism at best; Ashoka drives the plot. It's many of her actions and decisions that move us from Point A to Point B. I'm sure she'll get more screen time along the way.

So yeah, two thumbs WAY up on ASHOKA so far.

Yeah. Ashoka's gonna get a lot of complaints that it's inaccessible because "you have to watch a bunch of stuff to understand why this is important." And those complaints will be wrong, because the show is perfectly accessible without all that history... all you need to know is Ezra is missing, his friends want to find him, and they want to stop Thrawn along the way because he's the greatest military thinker alive and was being held back by the Emperor.

What -I- want to know is why Shin and Baylan look like Lana Beniko and Valkorion from The Old Republic. Really, there's been a few Old Republic references lately... are they gearing up for a Knights of the Old Republic adaption?

Well, my friend who still watches D+ stuff just messaged me "Who the fuck are all these people they expect me to know?" so anecdotally that complaint does exist.

Well, my friend who still watches D+ stuff just messaged me "Who the fuck are all these people they expect me to know?" so anecdotally that complaint does exist.
Meanwhile, Chris Piers of Comic Tropes (possibly very distant relation) replied to me on Twitter saying he hasn't watched Rebels and followed along fine.

I get the feeling the inaccessibility of the show will be subjective.