[TV] Talk about the last TV you watched, the catchall thread

Nope. That seemed like a waste of the last 10 minutes and brought the rest of the show to a screeching halt. They didn't give us any new information, just beat us over the head with shit we already knew. There had to be a better way to set that up.

That being said, I have mixed feelings for this season. The first 4 episodes still seem like a waste of time and could have been condensed. I'm all for building atmosphere, but it feels like there was a lot of fluff. Meanwhile, the last 3 episodes (excluding those 10 minutes), really do feel like the Preacher comics. I'm not loving how uneven it's been, but I'm willing to watch the finale.
Truth. Its like their CAPABLE of writing Preacher stories, but law of drama made them stretch it out for Satan know's why? I'm ready for next week, but if they make me wait until season 2 to hear the greatest supervillain name ever I'ma be pissed.

I liked it. Like I said before in this thread, divorce it from the source material and treat it as it's own thing.
In terms of the ending I was, I was pissed off that they did a five minute flash-back that felt like an eternity. We were in the middle of a damn plot.​

Yeah, I was a little irritated until it did it's slowly building thing. It wasn't the best thing they could have done that's for sure.

Yeah, I was a little irritated until it did it's slowly building thing. It wasn't the best thing they could have done that's for sure.
Maybe if it was half as long or after the main plot, but yeah it was not done right. It also annoys me that he is supposed to be a twist when...I know who he is. There's no twist for me to enjoy here, maybe if they were to show him NOT being a grizzled cowboy the whole time I'd be surprised, but I am not.

Maybe if it was half as long or after the main plot, but yeah it was not done right. It also annoys me that he is supposed to be a twist when...I know who he is. There's no twist for me to enjoy here, maybe if they were to show him NOT being a grizzled cowboy the whole time I'd be surprised, but I am not.
The show might be aimed at more than people who have read the comic. Pretend you don't know the source material, and ask yourself how a new person would see it.

The show might be aimed at more than people who have read the comic. Pretend you don't know the source material, and ask yourself how a new person would see it.
Yeah...still can't though, I can feign shock as much as the next guy but I'm probably just gonna eye-roll. This ain't no "I am your father" sitch, this is revealing a guy's title.

I'm just saying, why couldn't they make it a twist who he was for the comic fans as well? Show snippets of him having a happy life, growing his hair out, re-becoming the monster he sworn not to be again, and then at ep 9 we'd be all "HOLY CRAP ITS-" and that's the shock. They could've done it better.

It's pretty unreasonable to expect them to cater to wanting to surprise you with a twist when you've read the comics.
Eh, sometimes it works - Flash managed to surprise a lot of readers. On the other hand, most ways they could've surprised readers would've been called bullshit and a betrayal of the original just to be different, and wouldn't be accepted either.

Eh, sometimes it works - Flash managed to surprise a lot of readers. On the other hand, most ways they could've surprised readers would've been called bullshit and a betrayal of the original just to be different, and wouldn't be accepted either.
Yeah, but Flash isn't a closed series. Preacher is a series with a beginning and an end. Super hero comics can do whatever they want, they're never ending.

For me, that ending was less about the surprise, and more about the pacing. Like I said above, it just repeated the same information over. And over. And over. There was no build up, no intensity from a plot stand-point. If they really wanted it have an emotional impact, they should have done it from Deblanc and Fiore's perspective; their nervousness about meeting him, their odds that he won't comply. Have them showing up to the deserted town, the empty saloon and reveal the Saint of Killers as the gatekeeper. It would have been shorter, stronger, and since we had already established the angels were on this journey earlier in the episode, it wouldn't have felt like plot whip-lash.

Last edited:
Speaking as someone who has only read like the first 4 or 5 issues of the comic, I like the show. I really don't know what Yoshi is upset about so I assume it's something that was done in the comic. The pacing of the final scene was a bit off but I didn't mind once the reveal was finished, I mean the guy is in hell... he's been going through that loop for a while now, I think they were just trying to capture that. My wife took a few more episodes to warm to the series than I did but she likes it now too. I think AMC has demonstrated that when they adapt a comic they are going to make it it's own thing, just try and sit back and let the story play out in a new way.

I'm six episodes into Stranger Things. It starts off like ET and then plunges into Stephen King territory. So far I'm enjoying it.

I'm six episodes into Stranger Things. It starts off like ET and then plunges into Stephen King territory. So far I'm enjoying it.
It's basically three movies going on at once. The kids, the teenagers, and the parents experiences are all heavily influenced by several different films each.

For me, that ending was less about the surprise, and more about the pacing. Like I said above, it just repeated the same information over.
Well there you have it, that the problem, you already knew what was up, while the whole repetition thing worked, at least for me, only when you're slowly figuring out why they keep repeating it over and over... then the legs confirm it... then, at the end, they spell it out in giant letter for the watchers that are mentally deficient.

PREACHER

It took them 11 fucking episodes to get to the beginning of the first issue...fuck this season. I weirdly have hopes for season 2 if its the road-trip I hope for, but fuck this season.

They've said from the beginning that this season is more of a prequel to the comics than anything. Seriously.

I really liked it.

It's basically three movies going on at once. The kids, the teenagers, and the parents experiences are all heavily influenced by several different films each.
Kids - E.T., Stephen King's IT, Goonies

Teens - Friday the 13th, Nightmare on Elm Street

Adults - The Thing, Poltergeist, The Crazies

This is INGENIOUS