Talk about the last movie you saw

Status
Not open for further replies.
Charlie Dont Surf said:
I think The Happening is a real dealbreaker on movie opinions. I... I can't believe you liked it. I just. I'm sorry TheNickGuy...I think we have to break up :(
I'm gonna have to go with Charlie on this one, there was such build up for that film before it was released, and I'm a "Mr.Tweeeest" fan too. I left the theatre like "Really? I mean.... cmon.... Really?" :eek:rly:

the acting, the script, the direction, the music, the plot, the goddamn, it really is everything except for that one awesome shot of the bodies jumping/falling off the building that was in the trailer.

And the huge lawnmower scene. :uhhuh:

Personally I enjoyed the movie till the "reason" was revealed. It was a good concept, that failed in it's end delivery.

I agree now that I think more about it, Kissinger/Juski. I would have liked to see more resolutions based off of his family, or a bit deeper look at Bana/Mann's relationship as I really did love how that tied up (the path to get there was a bit pushy, though). Both felt like they were supposed to have more, but we just didn't get it. I definitely want to pick this one up on DVD when it's out, to see what's (hopefully) missing. More standup out takes would be sweet, too.

D

Dusty668

drawn_inward said:
Sita Sings the Blues

Interesting concept, but kind of poor pacing. It just ended so abruptly that I left feeling a bit cheated; like a cliffhanger ending. I like what I saw, but I wish they would have wrapped it up differently.
Thought it was a good movie, but Gorram, the Gods themselves pull her from the immolation and that's not good enough for you to believe her???

If I was one of them Gods I would smite you back 10 turns of the wheel for putting a laundryman's opinion above mine.

PS any good locksmith movies out there.....

Dusty668 said:
drawn_inward said:
Sita Sings the Blues

Interesting concept, but kind of poor pacing. It just ended so abruptly that I left feeling a bit cheated; like a cliffhanger ending. I like what I saw, but I wish they would have wrapped it up differently.
Thought it was a good movie, but Gorram, the Gods themselves pull her from the immolation and that's not good enough for you to believe her???

If I was one of them Gods I would smite you back 10 turns of the wheel for putting a laundryman's opinion above mine.

PS any good locksmith movies out there.....
Trial by fire! Trial by water! Trial by fire! :facepalm:

A

Alucard

Body of Lies-finally got around to seeing this piece of film by Ridley Scott overall fairly passable.
Jurassic Park-picked up the trilogy dvd at Walmart and watched the first one. Was surprised that Samuel L. Jackson was in that film.
Batman Superman animated film from WB-Mark Hamill does his best as ever as the Joker.
Batman Beyond Return of the Joker (uncut)- still this is one of the best batman movies ever
The Illusionist-was much better than Presitge. Ed Norton's performance was very good

L

Lally

BlackCat said:
The Illusionist-was much better than Presitge. Ed Norton's performance was very good
I loved The Illusionist! I don't know if I have the guts to say that it was a better film than The Prestige, but I liked it more (I suspect it's because I suffered some hype backlash after finally watching The Prestige). Does that make any sense?

A

Alucard

No in my opinion after viewing both the Illusionist and the Prestige Illusionist is the better of the two films.

Status
Not open for further replies.