Talk about the last movie you saw

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm currently watching Zodiac for the second time in a row tonight(with director commentary), and it was great. Just really amazing. It's an absolute shame that it got more Teen Choice Award nominations(1) than Oscar nominations(0).

I was thinking about it and the last movie I did this for(watched again afterwards) was Fight Club. Also directed by the man, the myth, the legend, the David Fincher.

So many great performances. Ruffalo, Downey, Gyllenhaal all do amazing work here.

S

SeraRelm

Coraline was pretty good. It had some humorous moments in the right spots and didn't come off as heavy handed or trying to hard like Mirrormask ended up doing for me. Nice voice acting, good music, lovely animation, clever designs and a solid story.

And no, I did not (sadly) see it in 3D.

Cajungal

Staff member
The last movie I saw was Watchmen. I liked it a lot, and I hadn't read the book yet, so I didn't know at all what to expect. The soundtrack actually amused and delighted me. I liked most of the actors, except the female protagonist. She was only ok. My favorite character was Night Owl.... probably because I'm a sucker for the guy with huge glasses. One more nit pick... the old Mrs. Jupiter's makeup was horrid. But we didn't have to see her up close that much.

I enjoyed the story and the acting very much, and I can't wait to read the graphic novel!

I give this movie....

:zoid: :zoid: :zoid: :zoid: out of :zoid: :zoid: :zoid: :zoid: :zoid:

I just saw Event Horizon for the first time the other day. Wow, talk about making about as much sense as Doom. I saw the room with the spikes and the spinning sphere and I immediately thought of Galaxy Quest.

K

Koko

SeraRelm said:
Coraline was pretty good. It had some humorous moments in the right spots and didn't come off as heavy handed or trying to hard like Mirrormask ended up doing for me. Nice voice acting, good music, lovely animation, clever designs and a solid story.

And no, I did not (sadly) see it in 3D.
3d+drugs or bust

Charlie Dont Surf said:
Krisken said:
I just saw Event Horizon for the first time the other day. Wow, talk about making about as much sense as Doom.
Huh? It was pretty straightforward.
Yeah, it was straightforward. Opens to chaos dimension. Yay. Still didn't make much sense.

I just saw Sweeney Todd on HBO. Not sure if your cable channels do it over where you guys are, but here they have to cut out the bloody parts due to government regulations.

Made it a remarkably short movie.

Krisken said:
Charlie Dont Surf said:
Krisken said:
I just saw Event Horizon for the first time the other day. Wow, talk about making about as much sense as Doom.
Huh? It was pretty straightforward.
Yeah, it was straightforward. Opens to chaos dimension. Yay. Still didn't make much sense.
It was a portal to hell that torments everyone to death.

And you have got to be kidding about Sweeny Todd on HBO? In the states, HBO/premium movie channels are the ONLY ones that show movies uncut/unedited.

Cajungal said:
The last movie I saw was Watchmen. I liked it a lot, and I hadn't read the book yet, so I didn't know at all what to expect. The soundtrack actually amused and delighted me. I liked most of the actors, except the female protagonist. She was only ok. My favorite character was Night Owl.... probably because I'm a sucker for the guy with huge glasses. One more nit pick... the old Mrs. Jupiter's makeup was horrid. But we didn't have to see her up close that much.

I enjoyed the story and the acting very much, and I can't wait to read the graphic novel!

I give this movie....

Seems like you might like my review in the spoilers thread.

K

Koko

Just saw Donnie Darko for the first time last night.
:popcorn: :shock: :confused: :eek:
:aaahhh:
:paranoid:
:rcain:

Charlie Dont Surf said:
Koko said:
:popcorn: :shock: :confused: :eek:
:aaahhh:
:paranoid:
:rcain:
I'm going to go ahead and interpret these smilies as saying it's a mediocre movie overrated by people that haven't seen many movies
I'm going to interpret your post as elitist and ignorant. Heaven forbid somebody should enjoy something. :tina:

K

Koko

Charlie Dont Surf said:
Docseverin said:
I'm going to interpret your post as elitist and ignorant. Heaven forbid somebody should enjoy something. :tina:
:cool: :cool: :cool: thanks, I am elite, and I also enjoy a ton of movies.
To each their own, I watched it with a good friend
3/5ths of the way through he stood up and said "fuck this shit" and walked out.
I just enjoy the wicked capacities of human imagination.

C

cvgurau

Koko said:
3/5ths of the way through he stood up and said "fuck this shit" and walked out.

This is what I should've done, but didn't.

Sadly, I watched that thing through to the end, hoping it would start making sense.

It didn't. :eek:rly:

D

Dusty668

Rockin the Suburbs with Over the Hedge.

Nice funny movie still, although it came with coupons that expired in early 2007. Gotta admit tho it still handled time travel better than any Trek franchise ever did.

K

Koko

cvgurau said:
Koko said:
3/5ths of the way through he stood up and said "smurf this *" and walked out.

This is what I should've done, but didn't.

Sadly, I watched that thing through to the end, hoping it would start making sense.

It didn't. :eek:rly:
I think the differentiating factor could have possibly been the influence of Mary Jane on my consciousness throughout the film.

So after Godzilla's last attack Japan's Monster Attack Force is hard at work repairing the Mechagodzilla. It is then that two psychic faries show up and warn against the rebuilding of Mechagodzilla, due to the fact that they used the original Godzilla's bones for the skeleton structure. Anyway they don't listen, Godzilla attacks, Mothra fights for Tokyo, Mechagodzilla shows up to help (thus horribly offending mothra?) and defeats Godzilla with its hyper mazer, driving both the monster and machine into the ocean.

Quite a beautiful movie really.

Oh god...I'm going to make a name for myself here but the last movie I saw was the Death Note live action feature. I actually really enjoyed it. I haven't seen part two yet but the direction they've taken is great and it has better acting in it then most Japanese live action films I've seen.

The last movie in theatres I saw was Watchmen. I really liked it.

The next movie I want to see is Star Trek but it comes out the day before I'm due to give birth. :( Although...it would be awesome to go into labor during the movie. If its great I can say it was so great the baby wanted to see...if it's terrible I can say that it was so bad it induced labor.

North_Ranger

Staff member
LittleSin said:
Oh god...I'm going to make a name for myself here but the last movie I saw was the Death Note live action feature. I actually really enjoyed it. I haven't seen part two yet but the direction they've taken is great and it has better acting in it then most Japanese live action films I've seen.

The next movie I want to see is Star Trek but it comes out the day before I'm due to give birth. :( Although...it would be awesome to go into labor during the movie. If its great I can say it was so great the baby wanted to see...if it's terrible I can say that it was so bad it induced labor.

A

Anubinomicon

enemy of the state was on last night, watched that. before that i think it was the harry potter marathon on tv.

North_Ranger said:
LittleSin said:

:rofl: You are awesome!

North_Ranger

Staff member
The first one was a sacrifice to appease the great forum Cthulhu. This one was just for fun.

I was thinking of drawing an Alien-like appearance, but then decided against it ^_^

Cajungal

Staff member
Shegokigo said:
Cajungal said:

I give this movie....

Seems like you might like my review in the spoilers thread.
I will check it out.

W

Wasabi Poptart

Last movie I saw was Watchmen. I liked it. It wasn't the greatest movie, but I don't regret going to see it.

Music Within: mostly meh but had some good moments. With the right direction, it could have been real good. Michael Sheen was exceptionally good, however.

The last movie I saw was also Watchmen. I must say I enjoyed it tremendously. So much could have gone wrong and so few things did in that film... Eagerly awaiting the director's cut.

Status
Not open for further replies.