Stuffworld: Dark One Chronicles Pt 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thread for the first part of the Stuffworld Heptology: Dark One Chronicles!

The way this comic works is that there are seven alternating stories that each live in the same universe be they in the past present or future. And the ending to it all- WILL SHOCK YOU! Or leave you very disappointed.

Pgs. 1- 5
DOCPG1.jpg

I always love the drawing of Mickee sleeping here.
DOCPG2.jpg

This is probably one my favorite gags that I've written.
DOCPG3.jpg

A simple page of an average every-day for a demonically possessed 20 something Satanist. Not that much different from your day I'd say.
DOCPG4.jpg

I never noticed it before, but Father Phil looks kind-of Muppetish in this strip. And I am okay with that. Also his hair changes from white to black. He should get that checked.
DOCPG5.jpg

Its an odd day when the slightly facially scarred , Unabomber look-alike is the more sane one in the room.

I don't know that it's necessary to delete them, given how the front page works. I think it was just posting them en masse that's the problem.

Also, dude, 2.5 MB jpegs? That is ridiculous; scale it down and adjust the quality setting, these don't need to be even a tenth the size they are.

I don't know that it's necessary to delete them, given how the front page works. I think it was just posting them en masse that's the problem.

Also, dude, 2.5 MB jpegs? That is ridiculous; scale it down and adjust the quality setting, these don't need to be even a tenth the size they are.
Not gonna lie...I have never been good with file size. Technology and me have a meshed history. I can just scale it back in paint right?

Yeah, you can rescale in Paint, but as far as I know you can't adjust the compression settings. Whatever program you used to save your scans is likely able to handle that, though.

Well, unless you import into Paint, that is.

Dave

Staff member
I'll delete them now. I was away at a comedy gig.[DOUBLEPOST=1348460168][/DOUBLEPOST]Please note that they are still there, just hidden from view. So if you want any of them back all you gotta do is ask. Tomorrow. I'm going to bed now. I'll let you all know about the gig and how it went tomorrow.

Stuffworld Dark One Chronicles PGs 6-10​
DOCPG6.jpg
Before anyone says it-YES the lettering in this one is really bad. Think of these comix as roughs.​
DOCPG7.jpg
That's my dad in the last panel. In my Acid High series he had his arms stolen the moment he gained short-ranged telekinesis. Either really convenient, or absolutely horrible. TAKE YA PICK!​
DOCPG8.jpg
Rule number about me in FTS games: I suck at them.​
DOCPG9.jpg
Who could be this new challenger? Will it bring the plot to new heights? Or will he just be killed off in 3 comics? Probably that one.​
DOCPG10.jpg
I love pissed off I made Demon hunter Phil, he looks like he has a pine-cone stuck in his ass!

Dark One Chronicles pg 11-15
DOCPG11.jpg

I like how the blood looks as its going through my caricature's eye. Some may say its masochistic and I say.....maybe.
DOCPG12.jpg

Fuck I could go for a baguette right now. So hungry.
DOCPG13.jpg

Death by Baguette: Coming soon to the Spectrum dome!
DOCPG14.jpg

For those confused about it saying 18 years instead of my proper age 21, this comic was made in 2009 while I was still in high school or entering community college. I'd have changed it but I'm too lazy too.
DOCPG15.jpg

Now you may notice the angels being incompetent. Remember that, it may come up later.

DOCPG16.jpg
I love how freaked out I made Tyler's face here. I also love how I draw Yoshimickster(the character) with an indeterminable number of fangs each time.
DOCPG17.jpg
Is it sadistic for me to make a comic where one of my best friends is electrocuted to death via faulty xbox controller? Probably.
DOCPG18.jpg
This actually happened once. My brother sleeps like a rock.
DOCPG19.jpg
So remember kids, if your punk brother is asleep Tell them Nothing Nice 2 Say updated! Its so shocking(and usually un-true) that it will spring them to life.
DOCPG20.jpg
So if you didn't catch that, my character is posessed by 4 spirits while also happening to be the reincarnation of a Storm god. A lot of room for craziness there.

OK, I've tossed back and forth if I should make this post or not.

I decided that honest, constructive critisism is the way to go here.

First the good:

I think you've really got something writing-wise. It's raw, but I think it could be polished up some and really be good.

The bad:

Your art is extremely... well, I can't think of another word besides juvenile. I know you think calling it "stylized" excuses that, but I know that argument, because I used to use it all the time. You should really take some time practicing on your art skills, or, better yet find a collaborator. It worked for Penny Arcade :p

If you have to explicitly label stuff for people to know what it is, you should probably re-think how you're drawing it.

Overall, I can see that you have a plan and that you're excited about it, but you really need to get some polish on there for it to work out.

Bowielee Okay I'll admit it...the art is meant to be bad. My first comics I'm making only in charcoal pencil to give it a really awful look. I like to call it "stylized" in order to make an excuse. But NOPE! I SHALL EMBRACE THE CRAPPYNESS!

Seriously though , thank you for the criticism.

And the last five pages 21-25
DOCPG21.jpg
WHAT?! I'm not actually planning this for the past five years or anything! Yeah....
DOCPG22.jpg

On old gag with a sci-fi twist.
DOCPG23.jpg

"Why do you call me this berry of straws?" That is going to be on a t-shirt. And people will wear them. Yesssssss.
DOCPG24.jpg

I'm pretty sure "Tentaclaw" is the name of a Power Rangers monster. Could be wrong but whatevs.
DOCPG25.jpg

This will end up either really confrontational or completely anti-climactic. Considering my writing style ...probably the latter.

Status
Not open for further replies.