[Question] staying out without your partner

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

OP here

Personally I think the problem is that she watches too many tv shows about men who cheat on their wives. Soap operas are evil I say! Why can't she watch something cool... like.. Dr Who? you know, a show that shows how great people can be if given the chance.

I'll have to try the handy cam idea at some point.

But then she might think, okay, you didn't go sleep with someone else during that one session you taped. But that doesn't mean you didn't do it just to make her lower her guard! Maybe you're off porking some underwear model ten years younger than her the very next time you say you're off "gaming!"

The only solution I see is to tape every session, and make her watch them all.

I get pissed at my husband for going out, but only because when he does it, he 1.) tells me at the last minute 2.) stays out till 3am 3.) TRAPS ME IN THE HOUSE WITH OUR 2 KIDS WHILE HE GOES OUT AND HANGS OUT WITH OTHER COUPLES WTF.

*cough*

That said, I had plenty of D&D male friends whose wives felt that gaming was "The Other Woman" and had to regulate accordingly. I've actually never seen this problem occur with married FEMALE D&D/other gamers.

Oh sure, just drown my idea of forcing his wife to watch D&D sessions for hours on end ;)

Btw in case you didn't realize it, my advice was on the silly side and Amorous has the right track plan here.

BananaHands

Staff member
Wait, is it every night? Or just once a week? I mean, if it's every night, then hell. She's right. If it's once a week? You should stand your ground. Also, of course your friends are going to call you whipped. It's your friends. They're gonna do it. I wouldn't fret about that.

I feel like if you're not going out and getting drunk at bars it'd be an issue. But you're hanging out with your friends and playing D&D. I mean, come on. You have to have some sense of self in any relationship.

Wait, is it every night? Or just once a week? I mean, if it's every night, then hell. She's right. If it's once a week? You should stand your ground. Also, of course your friends are going to call you whipped. It's your friends. They're gonna do it. I wouldn't fret about that.

I feel like if you're not going out and getting drunk at bars it'd be an issue. But you're hanging out with your friends and playing D&D. I mean, come on. You have to have some sense of self in any relationship.
This. She's not your mother. You're entitled to stay out past your bedtime one night a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.