Star Wars Ep. VII has a name...

I disagree w/ Bitter Script Reader on some things, but this is spot on -

https://filmschoolrejects.com/spare...he-force-awakens-986a0bda2fa1?gi=a0d277006401

A film is not bad if its sin is a failure to conform to your presumptions about the world in which it exists.
It eventually becomes clear that the RLM videos evolve to become less about understanding the fundamentals of good drama and filmmaking, and more about enumerating every last grievance with each film. They seem to subscribe to the school of thought that the longer a review is, the more “proof” that the target of that review sucks.

Wait, is there a romance between Rey and Finn? I thought their relationship was pretty platonic.

Now, Finn and Poe, on the other hand... I could believe that.
As I understood it, Plinkett was complaining about the lack of romance, and how it left the movie feeling somewhat sterile (specially in comparison with the original movies). Having a romance happen (or be more than shipbaited) would've been a genuine risk on Disney's part, and not just strategic corporate paint-by-numbers representation, regardless of whether it was Puffin or Porygon.

OMG look at how outraged Ruthlessnoodle is! :rofl:

Hah, I sat my SO down on Sunday night to watch Blazing Saddles for her first time (how someone goes over two decades in the U.S. without watching it is beyond me).

As I understood it, Plinkett was complaining about the lack of romance, and how it left the movie feeling somewhat sterile (specially in comparison with the original movies)
....Did I miss something in ANH? There's no romance there, at most a bit of joking and flirting.

Pretty much? This seems like a decently complete write-up on the subject: http://movies.stackexchange.com/a/45146
Which says exactly what I said. We're comparing only the first film here - who knows who'll get involved with who in movies IIX (or VIII) and IX? TFA has about as much "romance" as ANH: a bit of flirting and hints, but nothing actually. Which is why I don't really see where he's coming from saying it's sterile compared to the original...

Wife insisted we watch new Plinkett review. And yeah, as someone who enjoys the prequel reviews, it was bad. 2/3 of it being angry at Star Wars fans, so I'm guessing people who've lashed out at the prequel reviews, and then 1/3 struggling to find things to complain about with Force Awakens. And then giving an idea for Episode VII that would've turned out to be a movie more akin to the prequel films.

And by the end of it, my wife wasn't happy either. Really it made me wish we'd just watched The Force Awakens instead of the ... I can't even call it a review, because their real review was on Half in the Bag. This was more a rant, and less at a movie and more at people who watch movies. Didn't even watch the last few minutes.

Wait, is there a romance between Rey and Finn? I thought their relationship was pretty platonic.

No, see, they where the main leads, so of course there has to be a romance between them... no film can ever deviate from that... that's why Han Solo was the main character in the OT, right.

Now, Finn and Poe, on the other hand... I could believe that.
You know it.

....Did I miss something in ANH? There's no romance there, at most a bit of joking and flirting.
And Luke being attracted to Leia + eventually kissing a bit for good luck.

But yeah count me in for the people that want to see Finn + Poe even though there is less than a 0% of that happening.

I wouldn't mind Finn and Poe or Finn and Rey or Finn and BB-8--as long as they're side notes like the romances were in the OT. I don't want any romance to take center stage.
What? Anakin and Padme were front stage center of the first three movies!

:troll:

What? Anakin and Padme were front stage center of the first three movies!

:troll:
Well, second and third anyway.

I think I read somewhere that Oscar Isaac and John Boyega chose to play Poe and Finn as a potential couple, rather than just buddies.

*quick google later*

Well, Oscar Isaac was anyway, and Boyega is open to the possibility:

Isaac, himself, fanned the rumours during a recent interview with Ellen. "I was playing romance. In the cockpit I was playing romance,” he said. Anyone who has seen The Force Awakens will know that Poe was only ever in the cockpit with ONE character throughout the whole film, a certain plucky rebel Stormtrooper. “I think it’s very subtle romance that’s happening," Isaac added. "You have to watch it a few times to see the little hints."

It wasn't openly flirty, but you could clearly see the difference between the two in terms of how quickly they became comfortable with each other. I suspect it didn't raise a lot of flags in the socially conservative community because it just seemed to throw Finn's authoritarian upbringing into harsh light against Poe's easygoing rebel friendship, and made one more contrast between good and evil.

I suspect that when JJ Abrams introduces an openly gay relationship into the films there's going to be more outcry against it, but I expect it's not going to be part of the plot and it probably won't involve the main characters.

I suspect that when JJ Abrams introduces an openly gay relationship into the films there's going to be more outcry against it, but I expect it's not going to be part of the plot and it probably won't involve the main characters.

Mr. Sulu... your family... is in DANGER!!!! We must... rescue them!

Oscar Isaac was going full smoulder in every scene with Finn.

Also, Finn has Poe's jacket! *OMG SQUEE!*

*ahem*

I really hope they go with Finn/Poe.

1. It would be awesome if in this trio of friends, it's the woman who goes off on the personal quest of Important Jedi Stuff while the men have the romance.
2. Look at them! Finn/Poe is adorable!
3. All those jerks whining about the main characters being female and black? This would make their heads explode. :D

I'm totally okay with Finn/Poe, but ONLY if they don't half ass it. I want to see a fucking kiss by the third movie, minimum.

Hey now, let's give them some room. Maybe Finn needs more time, maybe he's a fourth movie kiss kinda guy. Nothing rushed ever lasts.

Last night on Instagram, Jon Favreau, executive producer and writer on The Mandalorian, the upcoming Star Wars live-action television show, posted a sneak peek on his Instagram, one that offers a look into the production while, for a certain type of fan, proving very, very familiar. (io9)