Splendiferous eggnog: nog nog noggin' on heaven's door

Eggnog?

• Yes, please!

Votes: 9 39.1%
  • No, thank you.

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • You are in a maze of noggy passages, all alike.

Votes: 7 30.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Only had one carton so far (plus a CookOut shake, which tastes worse to me this year). I need to bring a good recipe for this back home and make some for the family.

Oh yum! I just had my first butter cookies of the season. And this batch did not have the crystallized sugar on top, so my mouth did not get cut...

You ninja'd me on this year's thread!

Ooh just wait until I get home and post my funny picture.

Also, I like Eggnog!

stienman.jpg

Last edited:
I've had one carton of Silk Nog so far - I like the texture better than that of local store brands. I should mix up a batch. And I should actually get around to starting my cookies and candies. I am rapidly running out of shipping time.

Dave

Staff member
I've found keto nog before but I have to make it. I'm lazy. I just want to buy a carton and gulp it down.

You ninja'd me on this year's thread!

Ooh just wait until I get home and post my funny picture.

Also, I like Eggnog!
Pft. You live with someone who doesn't drink it, so there's a chance you might buy some and not have it disappear while you're at work.

Everyone in my house likes eggnog. We could buy two gallons and I might get a cup before it's gone.

And we never buy that much each season.

CHECK YOUR PRIVILEGE. ;)

I'm going to see about making some, though, with our eggs. Should be nicer than purchased...

Pft. You live with someone who doesn't drink it, so there's a chance you might buy some and not have it disappear while you're at work.

Everyone in my house likes eggnog. We could buy two gallons and I might get a cup before it's gone.

And we never buy that much each season.

CHECK YOUR PRIVILEGE. ;)

I'm going to see about making some, though, with our eggs. Should be nicer than purchased...
Check your eggnog! I live with a tiny eggnog ninja with tiny little eggnog ninja minions who can make any amount of eggnog dissappear without a trace.

Check your eggnog! I live with a tiny eggnog ninja with tiny little eggnog ninja minions who can make any amount of eggnog dissappear without a trace.
This year I'm thinking secret nog. It's cold enough outside where I could probably pick a hidden spot in the garage and it may survive long enough that I get more than a cup.

I'm running out of whisky, but it's late, and I don't want to go out, because baby, it's cold outside.[DOUBLEPOST=1481000979,1481000938][/DOUBLEPOST]Oh this isn't the thread I thought it was.

Uhm.

Eggnog is good. I should make eggnog. I've never made my own before.

Bah. You'd think the largest supermarket in town, if not the state, would carry pasteurized eggs. Nope. So I had to go with store-bought nog. But I got some made by a local dairy in old-fashioned glass quart bottles. Then I added the rum (I was out of bourbon. :cry:). T'was GOOD. Especially with freshly grated nutmeg on top.
I am a bourbon drinker, but I think rum and nog does taste better together. But still, Wild Turkey and eggnog is my fam-o-lee tradition.