Export thread

Sooooo...Austin, TX, eh?

Shannow

Shannow

yeah, looks like there is an extremely good chance I will be moving there in the next 2 to 3 months, maybe less. So, look out, Austin!

blotsfan

blotsfan

But Upstate New York is the best New York.

Shannow

Shannow

This is true, and it will be greatly lessened by my leaving.

Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh

The only thing wrong with Austin, is that it's surrounded by the rest of Texas.

Of all the places I've moved, none sold me on permanent residence the way this city did within days. That's not even considering the food, oh lawdy the food.

Dave

Dave

So are you walking there? You know, having adventures and shit?

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

That is why it will take 3 months...

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

I've been looking at Austin as well... what police get paid there is FANTASTIC... at least on paper

Bubble181

Bubble181

I've been looking at Austin as well... what police get paid there is FANTASTIC... at least on paper
Double the uniform allowance is just so you can mend all the bullet holes, you know.

Bones

Bones

Double the uniform allowance is just so you can mend all the bullet holes, you know.
dude, Officer_Charon is in Georgia, which if jennie Breedan is to believed is really turning into something terrifying.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

Austin, yeah the most common big danger is drunk frat boys raising too much hell on 6th Street.

CrimsonSoul

CrimsonSoul

If you move to austin we are going shooting at a range together. End of story.

Bubble181

Bubble181

dude, Officer_Charon is in Georgia, which if jennie Breedan is to believed is really turning into something terrifying.
Eh, I was mostly joking. If he was considering moving to Detroit, I'd suggest he'd become RoboCop, but what can you do?

Charlie Don't Surf

Charlie Don't Surf

No joke, when I lived in Austin and was unemployed, I looked up the APD.

Also, Austin is amazing, mad jelly.

fade

fade

yeah, looks like there is an extremely good chance I will be moving there in the next 2 to 3 months, maybe less. So, look out, Austin!
Is he playing Gunship 2000?

Also, Austin is awesome.

phil

phil

Enjoy your Google fiber.

Bubble181

Bubble181

Dave

Dave

Google fiber?!?

Oh shit *I* might move there!!

Bubble181

Bubble181

Google fiber?!?

Also, things that aren't corn :p

Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh

Google fiber?!?

I've been saying this in threads for like 6 months now!

Shannow

Shannow

But you see, now I am moving there.

Dave

Dave

So I skim threads. Sue me. :p

GasBandit

GasBandit

Yeah, you don't get to 18000 posts by careful perusal.

(says the #2 poster on the forum)

Bubble181

Bubble181

I remember the good old days when I was #1. Pfuh. Wouldn't even be in the Rogues Gallery anymore, I think. Booh.

GasBandit

GasBandit

I remember the good old days when I was #1. Pfuh. Wouldn't even be in the Rogues Gallery anymore, I think. Booh.
Nope. But you're probably #1 for post rating, if there was a way to track that. Every morning I wake up, "20 new notifications" Oh, I guess bubble's getting caught up on his reading.

Bubble181

Bubble181

Nope. But you're probably #1 for post rating, if there was a way to track that. Every morning I wake up, "20 new notifications" Oh, I guess bubble's getting caught up on his reading.
At least I dare express my emotions. I feel something every time someone posts! And I'm not too manly to admit it! Whaaaa! ;)
Here, have a like. :p

Chad Sexington

Chad Sexington

Seriously, I love that Bubble lives in a timezone where he's usually up while I'm asleep. Such an ego boost in the AM. "Hey, remember everything you said yesterday? It was a river of gold, according to Bubble."

But now that I know he just passes them out to anyone, I feel...

Nah, it's still validating.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Seriously, I love that Bubble lives in a timezone where he's usually up while I'm asleep. Such an ego boost in the AM. "Hey, remember everything you said yesterday? It was a river of gold, according to Bubble."

But now that I know he just passes them out to anyone, I feel...

Nah, it's still validating.
Don't ask me how, but I have the most positive ratings on the forum. So it's not just Bubble.

And you know who's number 2?

Jay.

INORITE

¯\(°_o)/¯

Dei

Dei

I was going to comment about how the fuck is Jay #2 when he is such a "like" whore, but you beat me to it. :)

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

Maybe Brofists don't count?

Bubble181

Bubble181

Chad, I don't hand them out to just everyone, don't worry. You are, I think, one of my bigger receivers ;)

It's just replaced a whole lot of posts from my side. "Yeah, that is a good point". "Man, you're full of shit". "Oh, LOL, that's awesome". "D'awwww". "Oh man, that's rough...Sorry for you, man..." and whatever. Especially if there's something I want to say, but then isomeone else has beaten me to it. I can just +1 the answer/solution/suggestion I feel closest resembles what I'd say (but said better/more eloquently/with more gifs) :)

GasBandit

GasBandit

I was going to comment about how the fuck is Jay #2 when he is such a "like" whore, but you beat me to it. :)
What really blew my mind is I'm 3rd behind Dave of all people for negative ratings.

Bubble181

Bubble181

Nope, brofists still don't count :( Darn, and I've got 10,000 of them *cough* *cough*

GasBandit

GasBandit

Maybe Brofists don't count?
Everything is positive except "Disagree," "Spoiler" and "Needs a Lock." If the colors on the profile chart are accurate, anyway.

Bubble181

Bubble181

Everything is positive except "Disagree," "Spoiler" and "Needs a Lock." If the colors on the profile chart are accurate, anyway.
"Informative" and "Spoiler" are neutrel, "brofist" simply doesn't count towards anything.

Chad Sexington

Chad Sexington

I hate these kinds of things. "Let's create a socially awkward situation, and push people's buttons. When they take action, let's push them even further by worsening the situation!" There's just not enough real bigotry, let's see how fake bigotry plays out on film.[DOUBLEPOST=1376587881,1376587847][/DOUBLEPOST]
"brofist" simply doesn't count towards anything.
This... is unacceptably awful news.

Jay

Jay

Jay is an awesome person. Thus why he gets so many likes.

Shannow

Shannow

Shannow

Shannow

Bump...

Guess what fuckers....I will be officially living in Austin in 13 days.

PatrThom

PatrThom

There are times when I get opportunities where I could possibly move to Austin.
...I'm not even done with the move I'm doing now! Waaahhh...

--Patrick

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

I thought about moving to Austin once my husband is out of the Navy. Then I remembered it's still Texas and decided it's not the place for me.

GasBandit

GasBandit

I thought about moving to Austin once my husband is out of the Navy. Then I remembered it's still Texas and decided it's not the place for me.
Speaking as a non-Austin Texan... it really ain't.

Shannow

Shannow

I have arrived. So far...nice place!

Need to get my truck delivered, though. While I love riding the Harley. The cross country trip I made solo was a blast, but it is hampering me getting things like groceries and what not now that I am here.

ScytheRexx

ScytheRexx

I just realized how many of us live in Austin. Kind of weird.

Shannow

Shannow

I am definitely liking it a lot. Corporate put me up in the Domain for now, until I find my own place. Yay free living!

ScytheRexx

ScytheRexx

I am definitely liking it a lot. Corporate put me up in the Domain for now, until I find my own place. Yay free living!
Damn that is pretty good. The Domain is like it's own little high end community surrounded by all the high end stores, and keeps expanding every year. Was always curious what it would be like to live there.

Honestly if you are looking for your own place to live, depending on how far away work is, it's often a lot better to live outside the city. I live just on the southern edge of Round Rock and the general cost of living is much lower then when I lived in North Austin. I pay less on the mortgage to my three bedroom house then some apartment complexes were asking in rent for a small two bedroom in Austin.

Though this works for me because I work in North Austin, so my commute is only 20 minutes (less if I take the Mopac toll way), where traffic would likely make any commute a nightmare if you have to go near or past Downtown Austin.

Shannow

Shannow

Damn that is pretty good. The Domain is like it's own little high end community surrounded by all the high end stores, and keeps expanding every year. Was always curious what it would be like to live there.

Honestly if you are looking for your own place to live, depending on how far away work is, it's often a lot better to live outside the city. I live just on the southern edge of Round Rock and the general cost of living is much lower then when I lived in North Austin. I pay less on the mortgage to my three bedroom house then some apartment complexes were asking in rent for a small two bedroom in Austin.

Though this works for me because I work in North Austin, so my commute is only 20 minutes (less if I take the Mopac toll way), where traffic would likely make any commute a nightmare if you have to go near or past Downtown Austin.

Yeah, I am here in North Austin, about a mile from where I am currently living. I'm looking into places around the area, and branching out. I dont want to live right in the city, rather save the cash on an apartment up this way, and not down there.

Charlie Don't Surf

Charlie Don't Surf

Friendly reminder though that traffic in Austin is just godawful

also, I'm jelly