Export thread

Some things never change in Kentucky

Tress

Tress

A church in Kentucky has banned interracial marriages after one of its members (a white woman) brought her fiancé (a black man born in Zimbabwe) to services.

I truly did not think any institution would be bold enough/stupid enough to try this in the modern era. Of course some people are still racist enough to support this, but I honestly did not think an entire church would make it an official policy.

Fucking rednecks. :facepalm:

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

The most segregated time in America is at church from 8am to 1pm...

GasBandit

GasBandit

I'd just like to say Kentucky is not far south enough to be called "redneck." KY, TN, WV and AR are hillbilly country.

Espy

Espy

Holy crap.

Dirona

Dirona

This makes me very sad. Angry too, but mostly just sad.

GasBandit

GasBandit

They're just now getting around to interracial marriage, huh? Talk about being behind the times on being behind the times... has anyone told them about gay marriage yet?

Charlie Don't Surf

Charlie Don't Surf

Kentucky literally elected Rand Paul to the U.S. Senate

GasBandit

GasBandit

Kentucky literally elected Rand Paul to the U.S. Senate
... as opposed to figuratively?....

Tress

Tress

I'd just like to say Kentucky is not far south enough to be called "redneck." KY, TN, WV and AR are hillbilly country.
My apologies. You are correct, sir.

Fucking hillbillies. :facepalm:

GasBandit

GasBandit

My apologies. You are correct, sir.

Fucking hillbillies. :facepalm:
Here's a handy chart I whipped up so you never get your regional epithet wrong again.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

It's not a legal authority--but it's still stupid.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

Once in the Oil Field our radio system in Gladewater TX got mixed in with a NYC cab company. I was rolling, because we had 2 incomprehensible accents going at each other. Then one cabbie said he would not come back on the radio until the Hillbillies quit broadcasting. Then one of the secretaries with a thick Southern Accent said, "Hun, we ain't Hillbillies. We're Rednecks."

Covar

Covar

Once in the Oil Field our radio system in Gladewater TX got mixed in with a NYC cab company. I was rolling, because we had 2 incomprehensible accents going at each other. Then one cabbie said he would not come back on the radio until the Hillbillies quit broadcasting. Then one of the secretaries with a thick Southern Accent said, "Hun, we ain't Hillbillies. We're Rednecks."
Hey there's a difference. It would be like calling a Bostonian a Yankee.

Enresshou

Enresshou

My mom's originally from Kentucky and I still see family on a regular basis there; my family's far from the stereotype, but--after introducing my girlfriend to my family--a cousin of mine's response had me rolling:

"Now hon, you're gonna think we're hillbillies. That ain't true--we are Appalachian-Americans."

Necronic

Necronic

Hey there's a difference. It would be like calling a Bostonian a Yankee.
Bostonians ARE Yankees.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

Bostonians ARE Yankees.
Hell, anyone living North of Buffalo Texas is a Yankee in my book.

Necronic

Necronic

Damn straight. Preach it brotha.