Some things never change in Kentucky

Status
Not open for further replies.

GasBandit

Staff member
I'd just like to say Kentucky is not far south enough to be called "redneck." KY, TN, WV and AR are hillbilly country.

GasBandit

Staff member
They're just now getting around to interracial marriage, huh? Talk about being behind the times on being behind the times... has anyone told them about gay marriage yet?

I'd just like to say Kentucky is not far south enough to be called "redneck." KY, TN, WV and AR are hillbilly country.
Once in the Oil Field our radio system in Gladewater TX got mixed in with a NYC cab company. I was rolling, because we had 2 incomprehensible accents going at each other. Then one cabbie said he would not come back on the radio until the Hillbillies quit broadcasting. Then one of the secretaries with a thick Southern Accent said, "Hun, we ain't Hillbillies. We're Rednecks."

Once in the Oil Field our radio system in Gladewater TX got mixed in with a NYC cab company. I was rolling, because we had 2 incomprehensible accents going at each other. Then one cabbie said he would not come back on the radio until the Hillbillies quit broadcasting. Then one of the secretaries with a thick Southern Accent said, "Hun, we ain't Hillbillies. We're Rednecks."
Hey there's a difference. It would be like calling a Bostonian a Yankee.

My mom's originally from Kentucky and I still see family on a regular basis there; my family's far from the stereotype, but--after introducing my girlfriend to my family--a cousin of mine's response had me rolling:

"Now hon, you're gonna think we're hillbillies. That ain't true--we are Appalachian-Americans."

Status
Not open for further replies.