So, there's this girl...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave

Staff member
A checkout girl at the grocery store tried to give my wife a flier about some weight loss crap she was peddling. I wasn't there or the manager would have certainly heard about it, but my wife was insulted and embarrassed.

People just don't think before they talk.

Just an observation for grue, I'm pretty sure boner hasn't been around that long and might not know about nick's history and situation. Hell I've even read the threads and forgot it was him. I was wondering the same thing until I read boner's question and your answer to it. Makes sense now though.

Advice for nick, like everybody else has said you guys can either bring each other up or drag each other down. Even if you do start going down try and remember what a great person she is and how happy you feel when you are both on an up rather than a down. It might help lift you back up and bring her with you.

K

Kitty Sinatra

Boner is Charlie Dont Surf. I figured he's been around long enough and is a frequent and regular enough poster to know and remember Nick's history here. I could certainly be wrong. I am often enough.

Didn't know that, yeah charlie has been around long enough to remember nicks posts.....but so have I. Hell half the time I don't even look at who posted I just read the words. Possible he couldv'e done the same. But then again charlie has been known to play devils advocate from time to time. Meh, written communication does sometimes lack the subtle hints of the writers intent.

Dave

Staff member
And I think we all know Charlie well enough to know that he doesn't do things just to be a dick.

What we have here is two good guys who are misunderstanding one another.

I'd recommend very delicately broaching the subject with an opening such as "I've got a great idea for a new diet you could try..."

Then whip it out.

You guy have it all wrong, this is what he needs to do:

Cowstar wrote:
1. Find a chubby girl who could be attractive given enough emotional abuse
2. Make sure that she is interested in you.
3. Ask her to hang out with you and show her your interests.
4. Watch as she tries to make you like her by showing interest in the things you like. She'll buy a green lantern shirt to show you how much geek cred she has.
5. Ask her to be your girlfriend, but act aloof and comment negatively on her looks.
6. Tell her what to read and make her talk to you about them.
7. Cut her off from her friends if they try to point out that you are manipulative and not worth the emotional stress.
8. Watch as your girlfriend does everything in her power to get more attractive for you.
9. Laugh.
10. Now you have an attractive girlfriend who knows about comic books.

11. Eventually she realizes that she deserves better than you as she is good looking, but she tries to make the relationship work.
12. She tries to show you her interests and be herself around you... you hate this side of her.
13. You get into a screaming argument about how you only want to date someone who is exactly like you and how you both have no friends. You also love the computer more than her.
14. You start physically fighting and yell things about not being able to live without each other.
15. You eventually break up.
16. You call her three times a week, crying.
17. She starts dating someone who appreciates her for who she is...but that wouldn't have happened if you hadn't have made her lose all that weight in the first place.
18. You sleep with cheap sluts for a year while listening to depressing indie music. You then wonder if you might have AIDS but really rather not find out.
19. You no longer really like comic books but have a huge collection that you can't sell.
20. If you're white, you go to Europe to find yourself.
21. I don't know what the next part is, but I'll tell you when I find out.

Status
Not open for further replies.