So.... Servers are down...

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many of you are cruising the boards because your WoW server is down? I know I am. And for you late comers.... How many of you would have been cruising the boards but you have a back up server just in case?

What do you think happens when the servers go down? Do the NPCs actually start to wander around and maybe even try to level up a bit themselves? Usually they have to stand around, constantly exchanging 10 boar heads for a few copper or waiting for someone to come and kill them. Maybe all the villains get together for a strip poker night, which Lady Vashj probably loses on purpose cause she's evil like that.

Maybe all the villains get together for a strip poker night, which Lady Vashj probably loses on purpose cause she's evil like that.
If I was made of pixels I could totally be down for that.

Since I'm not. I'm kinda just going to instead wonder if it's to late to drive to my girls house for a booty call. Which I know it's not. But I've been drinking heavily.

.... /derail

doomdragon6

Staff member
What do you think happens when the servers go down? Do the NPCs actually start to wander around and maybe even try to level up a bit themselves? Usually they have to stand around, constantly exchanging 10 boar heads for a few copper or waiting for someone to come and kill them. Maybe all the villains get together for a strip poker night, which Lady Vashj probably loses on purpose cause she's evil like that.
Huh. We should make a movie about that.

You'd think it's silly, but that's how Toy Story was fucking made.

"Hey, what do you think toys do when nobody's around?"

Decided to get some lawn work done...

Mower runs out of gas just as the last big section is cut. Gas can is also empty

So I decide to do some trimming instead.

Trimmer string feed jams.

I got just enough done to be able to quit without worrying about a job left unfinished... barely. :eek:rly:

A

Andromache

Does not matter to me,
I don't play. realized around L72 that I was going to be bored alone, or bored with a bunch of tightassed nerds devoted to mocking others who lacked the virtual world's latest "cool" gear. It stopped being casual fun ages ago.

my god, THIS was my hundredth post? I'm going to go get a lobotomy now.

I always hated calling in sick on a Tuesday. In the back of your head you go yay! I can eat a lay up torpedo (burrito) and go do mining and dailies. Then you go log in and the servers are down till 4pm...

A

Andromache

it's too late.

When the family gets back tomorrow I'll either be rescued or have to be put down.

GasBandit

Staff member
whats the community there like?
Half are whiny quasi-adolescent nimrods who are outraged they can't push one button and win consistently, 40% are just as incompetent but at least are much quieter about it, and then there's the 10% of us who are slavering wolves at a fully stocked buffet of lambs-to-the-slaughter.

Last night, I took four people from my guild (Yeah, I'm a guildmaster now. Yeah, I'm amazed too. The only rule to join is "you will shut up and do what I say, end of conversation" and we have over 50 members. I guess success attracts.) out and conquered the entirety of tier 2 Ulthuan and half of tier 2 Empire. At times we were up against as many as 30 or 40 enemy players. It was glorious. Only stopped because I had to go to bed because I had to work in the morning.

So then it's basically like WoW on a PVP server. Gotcha.
Except with WoW it's only one account a month and it's not violating the terms of service (unless they changed the Warhammer rules, I remember it specifically saying you could not have two accounts on the same RVR server for opposing factions.)

GasBandit

Staff member
So then it's basically like WoW on a PVP server. Gotcha.
Oh no, it's way better. PvP on WoW is a distraction. A joke. RvR is not only a completely valid levelling method, it's also the fast track to the best gear, the gateway to endgame content, and frankly, it's 10 times more fun than anything else in WoW or WAR.

When you raid the enemy capital in Warhammer, it stays burning and crumbled for 17 hours. Sucks to be you, losers.

Oh? Currently PvP has become a valid leveling method in the last patch in WoW, it also has the best weapons currently in game, and what kind of endgame content are you talking? PVE? So you have to PVP to get to the end game PVE content? Interesting take on it, though WotLK in WoW introduced a PVP zone that if your faction wins that area, a raid PVE zone opens up that only your faction can enter until next contest. Sounds pretty RvR to me.... Also in Cataclysm xpac, there will be even more of these types of zones with entire cities encluded too.

GasBandit

Staff member
Oh? Currently PvP has become a valid leveling method in the last patch in WoW, it also has the best weapons currently in game, and what kind of endgame content are you talking? PVE? So you have to PVP to get to the end game PVE content? Interesting take on it, though WotLK in WoW introduced a PVP zone that if your faction wins that area, a raid PVE zone opens up that only your faction can enter until next contest. Sounds pretty RvR to me.... Also in Cataclysm xpac, there will be even more of these types of zones with entire cities encluded too.
Too little, too late.

Yes, you do have to RvR to get to the endgame PvE, in two ways - The Zandri Necropolis (tomb kings uberdungeon) is only ever open to entry to one side or the other, though players from both sides can be in it in and fight (the losers just can't get back in if their side doesn't hold control). Control of the Land of the Dead is gained by Tier 4 RvR.

More importantly, the final boss battles are Tcharzanek, champion of Tzeentch and Emperor Karl Franz, and both reside in fortified palaces in capital cities that require RvR (both open world and scenario instanced, simultaneously, and the open world usually requires control of both tier 3 and tier 4) to make vulnerable, enter, gain control of, and burn to the ground. Actually, I thought it a bit of a let down that the final, final encounter was pure PvE after allllll that RvR needed to get to it.

When warcraft lets you physically take over open world enemy hubs (and I don't just mean expansion areas) in such a way that the guards become YOUR faction's guards, and control of open world objectives in this manner denies enemy players access to that level bracket's dungeon content.. then maybe I'll slightly be interested in it again. But I doubt it.

Status
Not open for further replies.