Export thread

Silver Doodles

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

Since I have a smartphone, I sometimes take pictures of the doodles I do while working or surfing the web.

I thought I could share them with you.

167804_10150097765055956_723740955_6081592_1137435_n.jpg
300153_10150291280450956_723740955_7640024_4260102_n.jpg
332445_10150340838465956_723740955_7957862_1294238717_o.jpg
330468_10150327255470956_723740955_7883121_1209819165_o.jpg
335718_10150327018080956_723740955_7881584_20883177_o.jpg
329378_10150326989050956_723740955_7881181_483564931_o.jpg
337564_10150305925135956_723740955_7761409_663757719_o.jpg
334377_10150300236800956_723740955_7719087_487980_o.jpg

strawman

strawman

I want to do the flan!

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Jelly, you have some SERIOUS skill with the doodle pen. I mean that 100%. Love the Business Gator and the Bloody Eyes guy for sure.

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

^_^ Thanks!

LittleSin

LittleSin

This are all so lively!

ScytheRexx

ScytheRexx

Wow you got some talent, I am jealous. :D

Krisken

Krisken

Fantastic!

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

Some more!

IMAG2242.jpg
IMAG2238.jpg

Krisken

Krisken

In the top image, does the guy in the middle clap during the song Camelot?

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

IMAG2244.jpg

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Monkey in a Penguin Suit. Love it. :D

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

Because honestly... you only need a jacket to get into fancy restaurants, not pants.

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

IMAG2246.jpg

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Dead fish bouquet, watch fishing, and squid Bond ftw!

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

That clown is planning something... sinister.

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

Guys, I doodle a lot. Now that I know you like them, and with the easy sharing thanks to my smartphone, I'll probably be posting stuff all the time...

Maybe I'll start adding context, explaining when I doodled?

Anyways, doodles done after reading more than 500 pages of The Walking Dead, listening to music and waiting for a friend's text.

IMAG2247.jpg

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Keep em coming Jelly, I for one am loving every update.

Bottom of pic, THEY ALL HAVE CREEPY CRAZY EYES!

Biannoshufu

MAKEACOMIC!

MAKEACOMIC!

MAKEACOMIC!

Cajungal

Cajungal

^YES. Your style is fantastic. I love love love it!

....would you draw me? --she asked shyly.

Gusto

Gusto

Why hasn't EVERYONE drawn Seej!?

Zappit

Zappit

Cripes - you've got a great cartoon style - you ever want to do a comic and need a writer - I've got DOZENS of great comics that would gel with that style perfectly! Pixel may be semi-serious, but I've got experience writing wildly out there stuff, too. (Cute Ninja Girls)

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Seriously, doodles of my ava and Cajun would be awesome! ;)

Null

Null

Damn, Silvio, your doodles are friggin' great.

Biannoshufu

i tried. she hated it. ive been a broken soul ever since.

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

Oh, I'm flattered, but I'm not an artist, just a doodler. Wich doesn't mean I can't try doodling some people or their avatars ;)

Zappit

Zappit

Oh, I'm flattered, but I'm not an artist, just a doodler. Wich doesn't mean I can't try doodling some people or their avatars ;)
Oh, I could mold you -get you there. We start small, with strips that focus mostly on characters, and build over time. If you do feel interested, I could send you a couple sample scripts, and you could see if it's your kind of thing.

strawman

strawman

Oh, I could mold you -get you there. We start small, with strips that focus mostly on characters, and build over time. If you do feel interested, I could send you a couple sample scripts, and you could see if it's your kind of thing.
send them to him anywaaaaaaaaaaaaay....

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

At the risk of getting all the ladies up here with buckets of popcorn and camera phones... do me :p
Added at: 00:46
send them to him anywaaaaaaaaaaaaay....
seconded. We must harness the creative power of the Gelatina de la Plata!

Zappit

Zappit

Perhaps - there's talent too good to waste. I got one that should win him over. Need a day to lay it out and send it.

strawman

strawman

Sorry Silver Jelly, the masses have spoken. You probably won't have to work much at at - just read the script, and doodle what it makes you think about.

Or else.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Zappit

Zappit

Bait is set.

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

Oh, well, all right. I'll read the script and see what gold I can come up with!

Zappit

Zappit

You're not gonna regret it, man. ;)

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

Wow, I love your style! These make me so happy. =^^= I can't wait to see more.

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

This is what you get when you get a doodler with no means to scan his pictures to make a comic!

ghost.png
Apparently, something you can't read!

Full picture ahead:
ghost.png

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

The expressions were fantastic. Doodles were perfectly "doodley". With some in "program" clean up, that's going to be amazing, as some of the dialogue was tricky to understand.

Most webcomic artists would kill for a first entry that good though!

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

Thanks! While it's finish is really rough, I also like how the expressions came!
Added at: 22:41
(also, notice Zappit in the credits: the story is his!)

Zappit

Zappit

Oh, my God. You nailed it. You frickin nailed it. We could clean that up, maybe use a simple lettering method, and BAM! Magic!

If you're game, I could write more stuff, maybe we put something up on the front page or Comicfury.

Push comes to shove, I might be able to handle the formatting/cleanup/lettering on my end, or we recruit a third party.

What you produced is gold, and we can't let that kind of talent go to waste. I don't care if it's once a week/month/year, we can make something great.

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

Well, I'd need to get a scanner (now parts of the pictures are out of focus) but... let's do some more, I'll keep the original pictures until we can do something clean. I don't know when I'll be able to draw, but I loved doing this comic! (Also probably because I didn't have to draw anything I don't know how to, and I quickly fell in love with this thick-eyebrowed ghost design that came from nowhere).

Zappit

Zappit

I'll get writing, then. What do you want to call this thing? When I first envisioned doing it myself, I thought to use the name Ima-juh-mun-ation, but it's your baby now, too. So feel free to throw in any creative input.

Also, is this ghost story something you'd rather do as an ongoing - I can write for that, too. Or would you rather do one-shots, ala Hark! A Vagrant!

Gusto

Gusto

Very reminiscent of Gunshow, in my opinion. :)

Zappit

Zappit

I was in a collective with KC Green for a few years, and was the guy who went hard to recruit him to Bomb Shelter.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Seriously! ...I had a lot of artist friends growing up and none of them could ever draw me right.
Added at: 23:21
Also, that comic is hilarious! Your style is so charming! Moar!

Biannoshufu

Seriously! ...I had a lot of artist friends growing up and none of them could ever draw me right.
Gauntlet? Thrown.

Null

Null

I really like this thread.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Ahh, cool!!! I remember that pic! Thank you ^_^

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

I'll get writing, then. What do you want to call this thing? When I first envisioned doing it myself, I thought to use the name Ima-juh-mun-ation, but it's your baby now, too. So feel free to throw in any creative input.

Also, is this ghost story something you'd rather do as an ongoing - I can write for that, too. Or would you rather do one-shots, ala Hark! A Vagrant!
Oh, crap, I never answered!

I think One-shots is cooler. About the title... I have to say I had to read that 3 times to get what it meant. But I have no alternatives so... XD
Added at: 19:32
(of course, every "one-shots" comic can have recurring characters!)

Zappit

Zappit

One-shots it is. I'll spend some time writing up scripts and fire some scripts off to you in a couple weeks or so.

Name might just need tweaking. Or abandonment for a new one. I'll work on that, too.

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

I'm not posting stuff because these last days I've been sketching "designs" for my new room.

But, if you like to see some doodles in spanish I did a while ago, you may check my secret webcomic (wich I drew in secret to see how much time I would have felt the motivation to do so without an audience. It wasn't too long)

http://doodlegraphic.tumblr.com/

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

Angry/sad infused doodle

IMAG2269.jpg

Cajungal

Cajungal

Wow, neat... I love the energy of it.

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

War of the Worlds... free iterpretation?
IMAG2275.jpg

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

It looks like Krang lit a dude on fire with his MIND.

Cajungal

Cajungal

More, more!

Krisken

Krisken

Indeed, more!

Biannoshufu

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

IMAG2277.jpg

Krisken

Krisken

Write like Kurtz. Make characters, write dialogue, then finish with "Who farted?" and PROFIT.

Zappit

Zappit

Scripts coming. I want to get Silver a bunch so he can choose which ones he wants to do.

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

Based on a doodle I did based on a drawing of Philip K Dick by R. Crumb, i present you a piece I like to call "GIRLS"

338532_10150375462540956_723740955_8152445_850992749_o.jpg

Zappit

Zappit

Lost nearly a week due to the northeast blackout. Scripts will be coming - I didn't forget.

Sketch is awesome.

Zappit

Zappit

Hate to double post, but I just PM'ed you four scripts.

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

Wow, some tough stuff to draw! I'll try my best!

Zappit

Zappit

I tried to keep it at least kinda easy with most of these - feel free to make artistic adjustments if you need to, bud.

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

I know, I know, COMIC!

But this mornig I woke up feeling like spriting.

I also got on facebook and saw this picture of yesterday night.

320026_10150414365787277_575742276_8152424_316343727_n.jpg

So I sprited it.

306434_10150390270460956_723740955_8220929_799121124_n.jpg

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Love me some sprites!

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

I know: comic! I'm being pretty busy, but I keep thinking about how to lay out the comics. They are coming!

But, for now, here you have a baby batman:

290647_10150432388160956_723740955_8358341_1868237644_o.jpg

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

Wow, his parents must have died in the delivery room for him to have taken up vengeance so fast.

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

Gotham IS a very dangerous place.

Bowielee

Bowielee

baby batman.jpg
Gotham IS a very dangerous place.

strawman

strawman

MY DIAPER IS FULL!

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

one of my current things that are keeping me busy is actually drawing some comic strips about movies for some friend's site. We settled in a "pictures of notebooks and sketches" look... and it, somehow, brought me to drawing Vito Corleone doing the Truffle Shuffle.

IMAG0171.jpg

I'm an artist, baby.

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

http://www.aurealfilms.com/#!papelorios-de-carlo

My new webcomic is live!

I have to thank you all, and especially Zappit, because I would have probably not done this without the love you have shown for my doodles. This webcomic isn't much, but maybe I'm taking my first step into a larger world*!

*TM and (c) Obi Wan Kenobi, all rights reserved

Zappit

Zappit

Fuck. Yes. Silver.

Bumble the Boy Wonder

Bumble the Boy Wonder

This is amazing

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

Also, I have the strips Zappit sent me on hold, but I haven't forgotten them,

Zappit

Zappit

Can't wait to see 'em.

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

413699_10150556723270956_723740955_8796003_1137581162_o.jpg

Style experiments

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

February doodles- 1-2-12

Something I did while listening to some videos on the web. Pretty meh, but it's all I've doodled that I have at home. Today I did some small doodles at work that were much better but I haven't got them here :/

IMAG0648.jpg

Added at: 21:28
(these where all attempts at doodling people I usually doodle without drawing their features the way I usually do them. That's probably why they are so static and expressionless.

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

2-2-12 - Sketches doing at the office, while reading a book

IMAG0652.jpg

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

fanart?

IMAG0724.jpg

IMAG0725.jpg

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

The page for my webcomic:

http://www.aurealfilms.com/#!papelorios-de-carlo

And an upcoming one showcasing the more detailed style I'm trying to have in the newer ones, even if it still keeps the doodle/sketch look:

IMAG0808.jpg

Zappit

Zappit

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

Dude! Love it!
Thanks! ^_^

I have to say that I found it very hard to get the creepy-catlike-but-not-quite look right... in fact, I'm not entirely satisfied with either one.

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

Still trying to find the balance between sketch and detail.

bay.jpeg

Bowielee

Bowielee

You think you're much fatter than you are...

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

Well, it's a little exagerated, but check this picture of me taken just today: I'm not thin either!
IMG_7932.JPG

EDIT: It's true that I'm also feeling fatter lately because I've been gaining back 10 of the 16 kilos I lost during the last year...

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

Some Instagrammed doodles from today at work.

You can see how I get progressively more bored with what I was working on and more involved in drawing:

http://instagr.am/p/JO9e3RqqBY/
http://instagr.am/p/JPEkZDqqCZ/
http://instagr.am/p/JPXl33qqGa/
http://instagr.am/p/JPcM_OqqIA/

tegid

tegid

Holy shit, how didn't I know about this thread?! It shows I've been away from Halforums for quite a long time.
I have to catch up:

-Come ON draw the strips Zappit wrote! The 'pilot' was awesome.
-I unsuccessfully looked for your secret tumblr for a while. Now you've inadvertedly revealed it to me! Mwahaha ha.. ha.
-My flatmate told me to ask for the original of that cars 2/ nyan cat strip ;)
-Did you sketch me twice here or are the two very similar faces different people? http://instagr.am/p/JPXl33qqGa/ (I meant to ask on facebook but got sidetracked).

That'll be all for now.

Zappit

Zappit

-Come ON draw the strips Zappit wrote! The 'pilot' was awesome.
Yeah! At least give them the "Magic Farm Adventures" strip, bud!

Adam

Adammon

Well, it's a little exagerated, but check this picture of me taken just today: I'm not thin either!
View attachment 5079

EDIT: It's true that I'm also feeling fatter lately because I've been gaining back 10 of the 16 kilos I lost during the last year...
The purse doesn't help.

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

Tegid and another friend: http://instagr.am/p/JSPjJ2qqA8/

Bumble the Boy Wonder

Bumble the Boy Wonder

What are you saying it the Cars 2 one? Something along the lines of "I have better things to do with my time, thanks"?

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

What are you saying it the Cars 2 one? Something along the lines of "I have better things to do with my time, thanks"?
Yup, that's it!

Bowielee

Bowielee

I'm actually shocked at the amount of spanish that I recognize in these. I've never even taken spanish (I took 3 semesters of french, they somewhat similar).

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

I'm actually shocked at the amount of spanish that I recognize in these. I've never even taken spanish (I took 3 semesters of french, they somewhat similar).
I'm THAT good!

Bowielee

Bowielee

BTW, I love the mushroom cloud on the Michael Bay one.

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

301719_10150756249500956_723740955_9387000_2081094180_n.jpg

IMG-20120424-WA0000.jpg

A friend and me, drawn by me and him, in preparation for a webcomic we are trying to design.

strawman

strawman

It's so interesting to see how people view each other and themselves.

Adam

Adam

Indeed. Very noticeable.

Gusto

Gusto

Indeed. Very noticeable.
I like that idea a lot actually. If we decide to do another forum-wide art challenge I'd like to suggest "self-portrait".

Bumble the Boy Wonder

Bumble the Boy Wonder

It's always easier to make fun of yourself than it is to make fun of others. You don't want to step on anyone's toes or cross any lines you don't know exist.

Cajungal

Cajungal

I like that self portrait idea. Even I could get down with that.