Seeing the doctor on monday...

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Singularity.EXE

But until then let's see if you guys can diagnose me! I am going in for a regular check-up on Monday at which point I will bring these up. So until I see the doctor let's take wagers on what I have.

I've had small (the largest is no greater then .5" in diameter) red bumps be-speckling my thighs for as long as I have noticed them, so about 2 weeks. They are only on my thighs, and go from my knee to about 3/4 the way up. There are no spots..uhm.. anywhere else. Just the thigh. They don't hurt, they don't itch, and under heavy pressure they don't do anything (well, they start hurting then.) I have somewhere in the vicinity of 15-20 between both thighs, they come and go, and come in all sorts of different sizes. Also my right thigh has been spasming the last few days, but not in the same area as where there are any of these bumps.

So, diagnosis gentlemen? We'll see who is right on Monday!

S

Singularity.EXE

Hmm no, they're individual little bumps, the only redness it the bump itself and a small bit of surrounding skin. The bigger ones are almost glossy in the center, like sores or something.

S

Singularity.EXE

Hmm no, its nowhere near that large. I mean the largest one is still smaller then a penny.

If I may ask, are your thighs wide enough to be rubbing against each other when you walk? And if they are, could it be possible it's a reaction to something irritating in your trousers fabric?

S

Singularity.EXE

bhamv2 said:
If I may ask, are your thighs wide enough to be rubbing against each other when you walk? And if they are, could it be possible it's a reaction to something irritating in your trousers fabric?
Hmm this might be something, since it does seem like they're in an area south of my boxer line. Could my jeans be causing irritation or something?

Also, no. It is not on the inner thigh, nor are my thighs thick enough to rub against each other, I am as skinny as a rail.

C

Chazwozel

Singularity.EXE said:
But until then let's see if you guys can diagnose me! I am going in for a regular check-up on Monday at which point I will bring these up. So until I see the doctor let's take wagers on what I have.

I've had small (the largest is no greater then .5" in diameter) red bumps be-speckling my thighs for as long as I have noticed them, so about 2 weeks. They are only on my thighs, and go from my knee to about 3/4 the way up. There are no spots..uhm.. anywhere else. Just the thigh. They don't hurt, they don't itch, and under heavy pressure they don't do anything (well, they start hurting then.) I have somewhere in the vicinity of 15-20 between both thighs, they come and go, and come in all sorts of different sizes. Also my right thigh has been spasming the last few days, but not in the same area as where there are any of these bumps.

So, diagnosis gentlemen? We'll see who is right on Monday!

Are you fat?

-- Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:16 pm --

bhamv2 said:

Yep first thing that popped into my head.

Have you switched laundry detergents/fabric softener lately.

My wife used a new fabric softer that she only used on "under things". I ended up with bumps along my legs where my boxer rubbed.

Small, individual red bumps.

You have South American Gecko Spots. These occur anywhere you have been rubbing a certain lizard on your skin. They're mainly found in South America, but have recently grown in popularity as a folk cure for all manner of diseases. The user is supposed to apply the gecko directly to the area of need. The spots then show up a bit later. They usually go away within a few weeks of when you stop using the gecko.

Why were you rubbing them on your thighs?

S

Singularity.EXE

Chazwozel said:
Are you fat?
Quite the opposite, I am terrificially underweight. About 15-20 pounds under.

I'm thinking its something as harmless as clothing irritation, no new detergent.

Wait, are there still such things as bed bugs? /googles...

Singularity.EXE said:
Chazwozel said:
Are you fat?

I'm thinking its something as harmless as clothing irritation, no new detergent.

Bed bugs have made a good comeback in America the last few years.

Singularity.EXE said:
Chazwozel said:
Are you fat?

If you think it might be bed bugs, then check your mattress for blood spotting. That would be the surest sign of the pest.

GasBandit

Staff member
It's a combination of amyopathic dermatomyositis, sarcoidosis, legionnaire's disease, and Idiopathic Hypertrophic Subaortic Stenosis.

Everybody sing!

Idiopathic Hypertrophic Subaortic Stenosis!
Even though the name of it is something quite atrocious
If you hear the murmur you can make the diagnosis!

C

Chibibar

XP-Dolphin said:
[quote="Singularity.EXE":2g6v0okd]
Chazwozel said:
Are you fat?

If you think it might be bed bugs, then check your mattress for blood spotting. That would be the surest sign of the pest.[/quote:2g6v0okd]

but doesn't bed bug itch? I remember sleeping on a bed in Taiwan once (hotel) and it was itchy. (the bites not the bed)

Chibibar said:
XP-Dolphin said:
[quote="Singularity.EXE":1bb2vm8x]
Chazwozel said:
Are you fat?

If you think it might be bed bugs, then check your mattress for blood spotting. That would be the surest sign of the pest.
but doesn't bed bug itch? I remember sleeping on a bed in Taiwan once (hotel) and it was itchy. (the bites not the bed)[/quote:1bb2vm8x]

No clue, but I would assume so. I wasn't suggesting it was bed bugs, just giving him a good way to check if it is or not (or if he has them). You don't normally see bed bugs, but if you can look at the mattress directly and see blood spotting on it, then you probably do have them.

I can't give you medical advice, but I can give you medical billing advice.

If you're scheduled for a routine exam and you have the doctor diagnose a non-routine issue, you will usually be billed for 2 office visits.

Just an FYI.

C

Chibibar

Bowielee said:

If you're scheduled for a routine exam and you have the doctor diagnose a non-routine issue, you will usually be billed for 2 office visits.

Just an FYI.
Is that why my insurance is so high?

I know that some dental place does this (I'm insured) that they make me come back for something else so they can bill me multiple visit when they can do it at the same time. (in my case was X-ray and teeth cleaning)

Chibibar said:
Bowielee said:

Just an FYI.
Is that why my insurance is so high?

I know that some dental place does this (I'm insured) that they make me come back for something else so they can bill me multiple visit when they can do it at the same time. (in my case was X-ray and teeth cleaning)
It's actually a medical coding issue. If you go in for a routine office visit, it has to be coded as such. The doctor can not attach a non-routine diagnosis to a routine visit.

As soon as he switches to discussing something not covered as a routine office visit, it has to be coded as a second office visit with a diagnosis of whatever he determines the issue to be.

S

Singularity.EXE

Bowielee said:

Just an FYI.
My step-mom worked at my doctor's office for 8 years, and we still have BBQs with everyone in the office. There are days that I go in that I don't have to pay.

And instead of writing me prescriptions they give out drug "samples" they get from drug reps throughout the week. I haven't had to fill up at the pharmacy since elementary school.

Singularity.EXE said:
Bowielee said:

Just an FYI.
My step-mom worked at my doctor's office for 8 years, and we still have BBQs with everyone in the office. There are days that I go in that I don't have to pay.

And instead of writing me prescriptions they give out drug "samples" they get from drug reps throughout the week. I haven't had to fill up at the pharmacy since elementary school.
Ah, it's always good to know someone in private practice.

GasBandit

Staff member
One day I was doing the dishes after school when my doctor stepmother came up and stabbed me in the shoulder. Me: "Hey, wtf?" Her: "There, you just had your flu shot."

S

Singularity.EXE

GasBandit said:
One day I was doing the dishes after school when my doctor stepmother came up and stabbed me in the shoulder. Me: "Hey, wtf?" Her: "There, you just had your flu shot."
On two separate occasions she took my blood while I was watching Pokemon. I stopped watching Pokemon after this.

Anyway, I think I might have figured this mystery out. Get ready for it....

Leg pimples! I didn't recognize them because I've never really had pimples before, but someone at the office suggested it and when looking at photos in Google (ew btw) they look like tiny pimples on my leg. Or maybe ingrown hairs. Anyway I'm going to shave my leg hair off and see what happens.

GasBandit said:
Even though the name of it is something quite atrocious
If you hear the murmur you can make the diagnosis!

:rofl:

I did, in fact, sing it.

Singularity.EXE said:
GasBandit said:
On two separate occasions she took my blood while I was watching Pokemon. I stopped watching Pokemon after this.

Leg pimples! I didn't recognize them because I've never really had pimples before, but someone at the office suggested it and when looking at photos in Google (ew btw) they look like tiny pimples on my leg. Or maybe ingrown hairs. Anyway I'm going to shave my leg hair off and see what happens.
Shaving them off can lead to more ingrown hairs.

Singularity.EXE said:
GasBandit said:

Just FYI, shaving an area you don't normally shave may lead to more ingrown hairs than you currently have. just :quote: trust me :quote: on this.

W

Wasabi Poptart

My vote is for ingrown hairs. My husband gets them from the way his uniform pants rub his legs. He's not fat either.

Status
Not open for further replies.