Season Premiers

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the new line up anything jumping out as a must watch?

I hate Two and a Half Men but I've got to admit in a day and age where every detail is leaked online it's kind of refreshing not to know anything about this premier so I'll watch it.

Fox has a show "The New Girl" that looks like it might be funny. FX has a show called American Horror Story that looks decent. I'm a fan of several FX shows so I have high hopes.

Beyond that it's premiers of existing shows I'm looking forward to. Dexter, The Walking Dead, Supernatural, Sons of Anarchy (been out a couple of weeks).

Does anyone watch Alphas on SyFy? I'm liking that show more each week.

Dave

Staff member
Castle, Two and Half Men & one other that I can't remember. And since I'm still at the hospital with my mom I won't get to watch them anyway.

How I Met Your Mother, Big Bang Theory, Walking Dead, Dexter, Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes...

...I think that's it. I'm not a big TV watcher.

Castle, Big Bang Theory and Chuck! I'm still behind on Chuck, though...
Also, watched the New Girl premiere and I'll have to watch another episode or two to see if I will continue watching through the season. So far I give it 3.5-4/5 stars.

Castle, The Walking Dead, Parenthood (don't judge me!), Hell on Wheels, and I might try American Horror story. All this goes along with The Daily Show/Colbert Report every Mon-Thurs. I think that's more than enough, really.

How I Met Your Mother is going to bring out huge Barney/Robin vs. Barney/Nora debates among my RL friends. I don't give a flying shit who the mother is anymore, but the Barney thing is very intriguing to me. Also excited for Castle, but only because Nathan Fillion is awesome.

Am I the only person here still watching Dexter? I can't wait for that to start up again. And Walking Dead and Community. That's really all I 'm excited for for now.
Nevermind, OP mentioned Dexter too.

fade

Staff member
Chuck lost a lot of steam after season 3.
For once, we agree. I'm not looking forward to the soap opera this season seems like it will be.
Added at: 14:37
I've only seen 2 seasons of Dexter. Love it, but they only had up to season 2 streaming Netflix. :(
Be prepared to power through a weak season 3. I almost gave up on it. I was marathon-watching the DVDs, and the 2nd or third disc of season 3 sat unwatched for a long time. But if you make it through, season 4 is good again.
Added at: 14:38
It gets worse, and then it gets better.
See?

BananaHands

Staff member
After the Always Sunny premier, I'me really excited for the rest of that season. Also, the League (although the season 2 finale wasn't good at all).
I'm more excited for some of the shows coming up later in the year: Mad Men and Venture Brothers.

It's Always Sunny was great. I couldn't quit laughing just looking at Zach. Season 4 of Dexter is one of the best seasons on television. Season 5 had its moments but had a hard act to follow. Season 6 looks great (from what I've seen). I dropped The League. I enjoyed season 1 but watch way too much TV and cut back. That was one of the casualties.

Playboy Club is a hilarious joke. It is literally the worst show to hit networks in years.

Sons of Anarchy needs to wrap itself up. It's beginning to cycle (not intended, don't wreck this thread).

It's Always Sunny could run for a million years and I wouldn't get sick of it. Fat Mac is the best thing an actor has done for a show in forever.

I don't watch TV but this is what I view online that premiers on TV that I think are interesting:

Walking Dead (Seriously do I need to explain this at this point?)
Dexter (Goes without saying. Easily one of the best shows I've ever seen for obvious reasons)
Pawn Stars (I'm not a fan of reality TV but some shows have good chemistry. The show is a little scripted but I LOVE to hear the histories of the stuff that's brought in and the family that own the store have a great banter chemistry)
Tanked (Love aquariums, and like Pawn Stars it has a great cast chemistry. MUCH less scripted and very inventive.)
Auction Hunters (Some don't like this show because they only show the "good" hauls, personally I'd find it terribly dull to see them by 4 units and they all had nothing. This one puts together much of the things I love of Pawn stars aka the great cast chemistry, the awesome history on items, with the anticipation of OMG WHAT'S IN THE BOX?!)

That's about it as far as currently airing television goes.

P

Philosopher B.

Tuned in to part of Two and a Half Men out of morbid curiosity.

My face during the 'jokes':

My face whenever they referenced Aston Kutcher's penis:

2 Broke Girls was really surprisingly good for a CBS standard sitcom. My unwavering, unstoppable, horrible crush on Kat Dennings didn't hurt either.
I watched that, I was like WTF! This is amusing. Seems like a show with a lot of potential.

I watched most of 2.5 men just for trainwreck curiosity. I smiled bemusedly at the Dharma and Greg reference/joke, just because I like insider/hollywood jokes.

Dave

Staff member
SO far all of the premiers I watched have been very 'meh'. TaaHM was boring and "to be continued" (REALLY?!?), I'm sick of Tosh.0 and his endless stream of dick shots and puking, Castle was very formulaic. So far I've been less tan impressed with most of what I've watched.

Oh thanks for reminding me Dave:

Tosh.0(still one of the best, non-apologetic, asshole comics there is. I could give a shit about the clips he reviews, it's the other half of the show I love)

Glee was ho-hum. It was a lot of stuff crammed into one episode. And WTF Quinn. I'll continue to watch for the music, though!!

I enjoyed Castle. Next episode looks fun!

For some reason, Hulu had the New Girl pilot like a week before it aired. Watched it again with my friend and I'm still on the fence about it. I love Zooey, so we'll see what happens.

figmentPez

Staff member
I'm kind of a sucker for "fairy tales meet the real world" type stuff, so I'm interested to see if Once Upon a Time pulls it off.

fade

Staff member
I never expected to see House back. I thought with Edelstein gone and the show on an ending note, that was it. Having a whole season set in prison looks like some good ol' fashioned shark-jumping to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.