Say Something About the Previous Poster IX: What, Again?

Status
Not open for further replies.
^throws computer mice instead of the living variety. Also, Finland 's way to the East of me :-P I'm well aware of European geography, I know you're not truly in Easter Europe....But close enough for me, Central-West-European that I am :-P Anything in a Russian sphere of influence is East :twisted:

North_Ranger

Staff member
Used the words "Finland" and "Russian sphere of influence" in the same paragraph. Will forever be denied the joy of seeing naked women on Midsummer festivities.

^ I know Finland is trying not to be, and doing a remarkably good job of it (compared to, say the three baltic states), but you do still live next door to the bully :-P

North_Ranger

Staff member
Is dangerously close to turning this into a political thread. Note, however, the following:
- Original Soviet plan of action during WWII was to overtake Finland. This failed. Finland lost the war, but kept its independence.
- Finland was never a Soviet satellite, and remained neutral post-WWII.
- The subject is still very, very touchy to Finns, so could we move on and talk about something else?

^knows more about Finnish history than me for obvious reasons :-P

< didn't mean in any way to insult anyone. I'm aware it's a touchy subject, sorry!
Errr....

v is one of the people who thinks I should grow my beard out again

Status
Not open for further replies.