S(H)ia

Eh, I don't see how she's any different from the other generic pop singers out there. If I heard that on the radio, I'd have at least 6 ideas of who it could be.

Huh? Maggie Ziggler (I think that's her name) is not 10 years older than Shia Labeouf. She's 14ish, I think? I'm too lazy to google at the moment (and on mobile, at work).
When my daughter-in-law lived here, I watched enough dance moms to give me PTSD.

Maddie Ziegler, age 12.
Shia LaBeouf, age 28.
Sia Furler, Age 39

Huh? Maggie Ziggler (I think that's her name) is not 10 years older than Shia Labeouf. She's 14ish, I think? I'm too lazy to google at the moment (and on mobile, at work).
I thought the dancer was Sia.

Now the whole "doesn't show her face" thing makes sense, because I thought "we can see her right there, how is that working?"

GasBandit

Staff member
Sia also used the same dancer, Maddie Ziegler, in her video for Chandelier.

Which is a lot funnier if a sound guy dumps the music and dubs in his own sound effects.

I felt the Chandelier video was really moving; it had this animal feel to it that for me seemed like someone having to lash out with their body because they couldn't say what they had to, a secret or a trauma, something powerful.

Which is why I tried really hard not to laugh at the musicless video. I failed.

Pretty sure that was the intent, seeing as how he did it in front of a green screen.
Probably, but the whole thing is actually like 30 minutes long and put together by a group of student directors or something like that, where the director of the scene changes every 30 seconds or so. Regardless of the reason, though, the edits are pretty fantastic so far:

Eh, I don't see how she's any different from the other generic pop singers out there. If I heard that on the radio, I'd have at least 6 ideas of who it could be.
Thats more an indication of a shallow knowledge of pop music than anything else. I don't think theres anyone really big right now that you could mistake Sia for.

Really? I frequently mistake her singing voice for that of Adele.

--Patrick
While I haven't listened to a lot of either artist, I'd put their vocal ranges on near opposite ends of the spectrum. Adele can hit higher notes but seems to sit more comfortably in lower octaves, where Sia seems to be in the more typical higher range.

GasBandit

Staff member
Boy it sure was forward thinking of you guys to create a Shia thread. Look at all the Shia stuff that keeps popping up!