[Brazelton] RIP Colonel Potter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

makare

aw I love that guy too. He left a good legacy though and that is more than many of us will.

Dave

Staff member
I like the fact that he was on M*A*S*H twice as two different characters and nobody ever seemed to mind.

He was nominated for an Emmy for both and won for Potter...

I bet the producers had no problem bringing him in to replace Stevenson.

I am surprised by his death but mainly becuase I thought he had died years ago. But none the less it is still sad news.

:(

One of my favorite scenes from MASH is the episode where they took in the orphans and Colonel Potter reads the kids a bedtime story from the Army manual. His tone of voice as he reads about field stripping a rifle cracks me up every time.

I like the fact that he was on M*A*S*H twice as two different characters and nobody ever seemed to mind.
I don't remember his name, but there was an asian actor on M*A*S*H who played four different roles during the course of the show. If I remember correctly he was a North Korean spy, a South Korean officer, a Chinese soldier, and a Japanese doctor.

I don't remember his name, but there was an asian actor on M*A*S*H who played four different roles during the course of the show. If I remember correctly he was a North Korean spy, a South Korean officer, a Chinese soldier, and a Japanese doctor.
Mako. He also voiced Uncle Iroh in Avatar. Another actor who is missed. :(

MASH was a staple of my childhood, me and my grandma use to watch it every night when I stayed at her house (which was often), this truly is the end of an era.

Didn't watch MASH, no idea who Colonel Potter was but Sara, Mako will forEVER be Akiro(Conan)/ Aku(Samurai Jack) for me :(

I had a girlfriend years ago who was obsessed with the show. At first, she made me watch it, but I fell in love with it, too. Potter was one of my favourite characters. My favourite moment was when a tank rolled over his jeep, and he shot it like he was putting down a horse. :D

Man, it doesn't matter that that show is 30+ years old, based (incredibly loosely) on a war that happened even longer ago; it's still hilarious. I just wish whoever owns it would release the rights for digital distribution so I could stream the full run. Col. Potter will be missed. I always loved the episode where Radar got him his horse.

One of my favorite Potter episodes was when he took up painting. He kept holding up his thumb like he is measuring for perspective.. but instead painted a portrait of his thumb.

One of my favorite Potter episodes was when he took up painting. He kept holding up his thumb like he is measuring for perspective.. but instead painted a portrait of his thumb.
That was a great episode too. So many awesome episodes in that series. Ooh! Like the episode where he painted the portrait of Charles, mouth open and red faced with rage.

Didn't watch MASH, no idea who Colonel Potter was but Sara, Mako will forEVER be Akiro(Conan)/ Aku(Samurai Jack) for me :(
He was also Hal Linden's father in the series Black's Magic. He was sort of an alternative for Burgess Meredith in his day, much like DeNiro/Pacino today.

--Patrick

Status
Not open for further replies.