Export thread

Rebel Alliance Tattoo

myfunkyself

Hey, guys! While on the hunt for searching pictures of Rebel Alliance tattoos (I really, really, really want to get one when I go on a trip to Las Vegas in a year or so, not to mention I am a huge fan of the original three ever since I can remember, heck I can't even remember the first time I watched 4,5 or 6, that's how much a part of me they are!), when I stumbled upon this forum and saw that it was locked and therefore couldn't ask my question there.

So I want to get a small one in the general area of my ankle and am wondering what is the smallest it can be? I don't want something huge, but at the same time, I don't want it to blur on me because I didn't do enough research on what size it should be. I wanted it to be red with a black outline.

Thoughts?

LittleSin

LittleSin

Is this you first tat?

Have you researched artist in your area?

These are questions that should be directed towards a tattoo artist that has been operating for a long time.

myfunkyself

Is this you first tat? Have you researched artist in your area?
This would be my first, and I've narrowed it down to two places on the Strip that I'd like to go.

These are questions that should be directed towards a tattoo artist that has been operating for a long time.
I figured as much, but I thought it wouldn't hurt to ask on here while I wait for a response from the artists at the two places I'm thinking of going to. I'm just excited :p

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

myfunkyself

I prefer the term 'geek', myself!

LittleSin

LittleSin

Well, a small tattoo shouldn't be a hassle. About an inch your typically safe from the lines running...but that depends how light the hand of the tattooist is!

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

I have very little experience with tattoos, only got one so far myself.
Definitely look into the artists in your area. There are a tonne of sites and forums where people rate their experiences at tattoo parlours and the like.
I will also tag Docseverin cause he's a pretty inked guy, if I recall correctly. And therefore is better equipped to answer the question.
My first and thus far only tattoo is decently big (probably around 6x8in) cause I figured go big or go home so I can't really say, but I'd think you'd want it probably around 1.5inch in diameter.

ElJuski

ElJuski

dude, just do it.

myfunkyself

dude, just do it.
I am planning on it, but I want to wait until I'm in Vegas to do it :D

There are a tonne of sites and forums where people rate their experiences at tattoo parlours and the like.
I've been to one, and the people on there are such snobs, if you can believe it. Instead of helping me with my question, they called me boring, bland, uninspiring and indirectly called me a g-u-i-d-o, so I don't really want to deal with them. After I saw that one thread here with a member who had a similar question about geeky tattoos, I figured I'd be safe here!

I'd think you'd want it probably around 1.5inch in diameter.
Makes sense. That's pretty reasonable.

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

I'm not even sure why that thread was locked.

Also only reason I say 1.5in is because you said you wanted it two colours, and in my head that outline would be easier if it were a little larger.

myfunkyself

I'm not even sure why that thread was locked.

Also only reason I say 1.5in is because you said you wanted it two colours, and in my head that outline would be easier if it were a little larger.
Yeah, I've seen a couple that are just solid red, some solid black, but I think it needs an outline. That's just me, though!

phil

phil

So it looks like the thing that would really kill this tattoo is if it comes out not symmetrical:

and

So I'd just make sure whatever image you end up using is nice and clean and clear so the artist will have the best chance of getting it even.

There are some cool variation I saw that might be worth considering such as:

this one

and

just some neat things to really make it your own, as it were.

SeraRelm

I think the problem here is that you mispronounced "Imperial" as "Dirty Stinking Rebel Scum".

:D

Bumble the Boy Wonder

Bumble the Boy Wonder

That tattoo sounds like it's going to be pretty rad

BananaHands

BananaHands

Man up. Get an Imperial tattoo, rebel scum.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

You should get a tattoo of...

Tattooine. :D

BananaHands

BananaHands

myfunkyself

Man up. Get an Imperial tattoo, rebel scum.
Yeah but the Empire keeps losing... I don't want to be on the losing team :p

That's so punny :D !

phil

phil

That's so punny :D !
Don't encourage him.

SeraRelm

They lose for Alderaan reasons.:awesome:

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

Don't encourage him.
If only you knew the power of the pun.
Added at: 12:54

...if only I knew the power of the pun.

myfunkyself

Well played, Madam! Well played!

But I must retort with this:

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

I don't know where this new guy came from, but I'm starting to like them. :D

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

Amazing.

myfunkyself

So it looks like the thing that would really kill this tattoo is if it comes out not symmetrical
This is very true. I'll have to make sure that the tattoo artist that I pick is good at that kind of stuff. And a good, clean picture of the logo shouldn't be too hard to find! Although I must say, I really like the one with the X-Wing! Very awesome!

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

I don't know where this new guy came from...

Duh.jpg

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

ANOTHER DAMN FRENCHIE?!

KILL IT WITH MOTHERFUCKING FIRE!!!

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

I think it's a bit early to break out the faux-Quebec hatred, there Nick. We must ease them into it.

myfunkyself

ANOTHER DAMN FRENCHIE?!

KILL IT WITH MOTHERFUCKING FIRE!!!
Awwww... and we were getting along so well!!

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

I think it's a bit early to break out the faux-Quebec hatred, there Nick. We must ease them into it.
I ease into nothing.

Ask my prom date.

phil

phil

I ease into nothing.

Ask my prom date.
WOA!

let's uh....let's slow your roll there, nikki.

myfunkyself

ANOTHER DAMN FRENCHIE?!
While I can speak it, I'm actually not French, if you can believe it :p

fade

fade

Get one above your anus that says "SMALL THERMAL EXHAUST PORT" with an arrow. Bonus if you get "RAY SHIELDED" tattooed right across it.

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

Egads! This place is being taken over by Canadians.

SeraRelm

Added at: 14:15
Get one above your anus that says "SMALL THERMAL EXHAUST PORT" with an arrow. Bonus if you get "RAY SHIELDED" tattooed right across it.
But what is someone gets "Red Leader" tattooed on their junk?

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

I really need to update the guide.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

I don't know who this new guy is, but he may stay. Poe allows it.

myfunkyself

I don't know who this new guy is, but he may stay. Poe allows it.
Thank you kindly!

... Although I think I should point out that I'm not a guy!

phil

phil

Thank you kindly!

So I want to get a small one in the general area of my ankle
Story checks out.

fade

fade

Thank you kindly!

Sweet, then the whole "just below the main port" bit works out even better.

"Luke, you've switched off your targeting computer... AGGHH! SWITCH IT BACK ON, SWITCH IT BACK ON!!!"

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Thank you kindly!

A girl?! Eewwwwww, no girls allowed!

ElJuski

ElJuski

oh goodness.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Taken over? There's like what, three or four Canadians in here? By that reckoning, me and TommiR should be demanding equal language rights for Finnish since we're a "significant ethnic minority" :p

Also, myfunkyself ... Welcome. Guest posting is locked by Dave, our most admirable admin, from time to time to discourage spamming - and on one occasion, a banned person who used the Guest function to throw a tantrum. If my understanding's correct, that function will be enabled if and when they find a decently functioning method to keep out the spambots.

I can't help you with the tattoos, unfortunately. My hide's remained uninked and will likely remain so. Plus, I dislike needles ;)

Other than that, welcome, have fun and look around, hopefully you see something you like. Don't feed the grue, don't ask about steak and... oh yes. Mention sauna pants to me and we will have... trouble :censored:
Added at: 21:55
A girl?! Eewwwwww, no girls allowed!
Calm down, Poe. Here, let me fix that for you... "Circle, circle, dot, dot, now you have a cootie shot."

There... that wasn't so bad, was it?

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

Taken over? There's like what, three or four Canadians in here? By that reckoning, me and TommiR should be demanding equal language rights for Finnish since we're a "significant ethnic minority" :p
Are you kidding? I can't tell if you're kidding. To be safe, I have compiled a list:
me
Gusto
ThatNickGuy
Vrii
Jay
Littlesin
HCGLNS
Frank
AzurePhoenix
Adam
Chad Sexington
Dirona
Eriol
Emyrs
Timmus
Telephius
Made Ya Blush
grub
mr_thehun is originally from..... Alberta? I think he said once?

Why, we even have our own special club.

And now we have myfunkyself

Allen who is Quiet

Allen who is Quiet

Finland also isn't that significant.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Neither is Canada. :trolol:

Gusto

Gusto

All tucked away down there.

fade

fade

Are you kidding? I can't tell if you're kidding. To be safe, I have compiled a list:
me
Gusto
:megusta:

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

me
Gusto
ThatNickGuy
Vrii
Jay
Littlesin
HCGLNS
Frank
AzurePhoenix
Adam
Chad Sexington
Dirona
Eriol
Emyrs
Timmus
Telephius
Made Ya Blush
grub
mr_thehun is originally from..... Alberta? I think he said once?

Why, we even have our own special club.

And now we have myfunkyself
Mrs HCGLNS is also here, but she refuses to acknowledge the relationship. Much like I refuse to acknowledge being Gusto's father.

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

Mrs HCGLNS is also here, but she refuses to acknowledge the relationship. Much like I refuse to acknowledge being Gusto's father.
FINALLY a post I can use this in reaction to

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

I thought you knew? Currently I am Gusto and Cajungals father, Dave's wife and Callejas mom.

Perfectly simple.

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

Well, yeah, I knew all that.
I was referring to the Mrs being on here.

WHAT A TWIST!

myfunkyself

Also, myfunkyself ... Welcome. Guest posting is locked by Dave, our most admirable admin, from time to time to discourage spamming - and on one occasion, a banned person who used the Guest function to throw a tantrum. If my understanding's correct, that function will be enabled if and when they find a decently functioning method to keep out the spambots.

I can't help you with the tattoos, unfortunately. My hide's remained uninked and will likely remain so. Plus, I dislike needles ;)

Other than that, welcome, have fun and look around, hopefully you see something you like. Don't feed the grue, don't ask about steak and... oh yes. Mention sauna pants to me and we will have... trouble :censored:
Added at: 21:55
Gotcha... no sauna pants for you! And thank you for the kind welcome! This forum looks like a lot fun, and this thread has pretty much made my day :D Look forward in joining other conversations!

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

checkeredhat you must update the map!

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Finland also isn't that significant.
Oh you son of... :rage:

Just Me

Just Me

Just for you NR, remind them of what they are dealing with!

fade

fade

I'm sure those accents and the yodeling are dead on if I know 80s Hollywood.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

Thank you kindly!

Oh really? :unibrow:

Jax

Jax

Speaking of sauna pants, where did Allen go? I haven't seen any table tossing in a while...

Allen who is Quiet

Allen who is Quiet

Now that you mention it, you're right. Whatever happened to that guy?

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

He vanished like a thief in the night.

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

Let's steer this thread at least SLIGHTLY back on track. I want an excuse to show off my tattoo again.

THe next one I get will be something a little more simple:
20080706123845_single red maple leaf.jpg

LittleSin

LittleSin

Okay. That raptor tat?

I want that.

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

myfunkyself - North_Ranger actually loves sauna pants. He only pretends they go against everything right and good in the world so his fellow Finns won't shun him and take away his horned viking helmet.

*gives NR a big grin*

Chippy

Chippy

I ease into nothing.

Ask my prom date.
Like a jack russel barking to get in to...a vagina.

ElJuski

ElJuski

I like how when a new girl signs up on the forums, there's like a collective dick-shudder from the dudes.

Gusto

Gusto

I like how when a new girl signs up on the forums, there's like a collective dick-shudder from the dudes.
Yeah? I'd say there was more of a reaction to her being Canadian.

Chippy

Chippy

I only have eyes for you, Juice.

And by that you are my #1 on my list of certified not-shitposters.

ElJuski

ElJuski

I love not-shitposting.

And yeah, I guess there's a Canadian-leaf-shudder, or something. Shit, I don't know.

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

I love not-shitposting.

And yeah, I guess there's a Canadian-leaf-shudder, or something. Shit, I don't know.
Our beavers and moose knuckles are all a-quiver.

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

Heh. Quivering beaver.

Docseverin

Docseverin

Las Vegas is going to overcharge you for a small piece right off the bat. That is guaranteed. Unless the person is the manager, most tattoo artists rent their space at the shop and also pay a cut of each piece they do. With that being said, I suggest moving it from your ankle to your back and instead of a rebel alliance symbol I would say we should go with a full on back piece of Luke and Vader with crossed sabers with the Emperor in the back ground.

Any reviews given on line are going to be mixed and a lot of first time tattoo getters won't know if the guy was heavy handed or if they got what they paid for so looking at portfolios in shops and building a relationship with your artist is important as well. I highly suggest not just walking in off the street and getting tattooed.

After getting tattooed, caring for your new art piece will be imperative as infection or improper care can lead to "bald spots" or unwanted keloid scars. I use dove white unscented soap to clean my arm after I get home and I use a plain, unscented lotion exclusively to care for my tattoos. Tattoo goo or any of the other products that people tell you to use are mostly harmless but have been known to cause infections in some people. Wash it a couple of times a day and keep it moist with lotion and it will be fine.

Here is a pic of my back before it was finished as a resume
back.jpg

Bumble the Boy Wonder

Bumble the Boy Wonder

God you're a badass

Terrik

Terrik

Hehe, moose knuckles.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

myfunkyself - North_Ranger actually loves sauna pants. He only pretends they go against everything right and good in the world so his fellow Finns won't shun him and take away his horned viking helmet.

*gives NR a big grin*

Sleep with one eye open, missy. For my vengeance will come.

Perhaps it will be a savage beating with a deep-frozen fish. Mayhaps I will spice up your morning coffee with my piss bag.

Or maybe I will force you to listen to THIS on auto-repeat:

MUAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!! :twisted::twisted::twisted:
Added at: 12:22
Just for you NR, remind them of what they are dealing with!

And don't you forget it ;)

LordRendar

LordRendar

Heh. Quivering beaver.
Sounds like a brothel from a Harry Potter novel.

myfunkyself

I must say, Docseverin, your tattoo is epically awesome!

The reason I wanted to get it done in Vegas is a) 'cause it would be awesome to simply say 'I got this done in Las Vegas! Like a BOSS!' and b) more importantly, I've always wanted a tattoo. I've already started looking up reviews and doing research for two places that I have my eye on. In the end I may just get it closer to home, as someone told me that it is better to get to know your tattoo artist so you both feel comfortable with what you are doing. If there is something that I want, I typically try to find out more about it before jumping in and buying it.

The only thing I am really bad at impulse buying are movies. And video games. It was horrible when I used to work across from an HMV and a Gamestop.
Added at: 06:15
That velociraptor tattoo is pretty damn wicked!

fade

fade

When did everything get so complicated and specialized? What happened to getting drunk, walking into a dirty tattoo parlor, getting an anchor on your arm, and then driving off on your g-d Harley with blood and pus dripping from the fresh ink on your forearm?

LittleSin

LittleSin

I tihnk it might have been HIV that made it complicated.

Or...any other infection.

General Specific

General Specific

Well, that wouldn't help much. His shot "Didn't go in, just impacted on the surface."

Now if it was Red 5, that'd be Luke.[/geekout moment]

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

I tihnk it might have been HIV that made it complicated.

Or...any other infection.
Also lawsuits. I know when I got my tattoo, I had to sign something saying that I had not had any alcohol within the last 24 hours and that I would abstain from alcohol for 24 hours after getting it. THat way if I tried to sue and say they didn't give me what I wanted or anything, they had a legal document where I had already assured this is what I asked for, I was sober and clear-minded when I asked for it.

I didn't work up as much a relationship with my tattoo artist as DocSeverin has suggested, but I had e-mailed them months before with questions and had kept up a line of communication with them about it. I had been there before and looked through their portfolios. I had gotten my nipple pierced there two years before and knew first hand how clean and friendly the place was from that, and I had a friend who had work done there before on several occassions, so I was confident.

My next one being very simple I probably won't put in even that much effort though, to be honest. Tattoo artists up here all have pages and pages of maple leaf designs in their portfolio and could do one with a blind fold on by this point. It's like ordering a Big Mac at McDonalds. "I'll have the number 4, please."

CrimsonSoul

CrimsonSoul

You guys told her about sexingtonsecrets.blogspot.com already, right?

And just so he see's it [user]Chad Sexington[/user]

fade

fade

Yeah, I'm being flippant, but it does seem like you're not supposed to just do things anymore. You have to have a tattoo artist who attended Juliard, and anoint the result with a lotion created from flowers sprouted from the tears of God and picked by the self-articulating nipples of virginal nuns.

I'm playing of course, but it seems like everything is this way lately.

LittleSin

LittleSin

If it makes you feel better, fade, the guy who did my first tat was smoking a cigarette while he was inking me....and would not stop talking about how nice my skin was and how fine girls were these days.

I was also 16 and he didn't ask for ID.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

If it makes you feel better, fade, the guy who did my first tat was smoking a cigarette while he was inking me....and would not stop talking about how nice my skin was and how fine girls were these days.

I was also 16 and he didn't ask for ID.
Icarus does tattoos?

LittleSin

LittleSin

Damn...I don't have the image saved to my computer.

SeraRelm, if you please?

blotsfan

blotsfan

Yeah, finnish people are really tough. Have you seen this?

phil

phil

yes.

LittleSin

LittleSin

Earlier on this page, even.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

Yeah, I'm being flippant, but it does seem like you're not supposed to just do things anymore. You have to have a tattoo artist who attended Juliard, and anoint the result with a lotion created from flowers sprouted from the tears of God and picked by the self-articulating nipples of virginal nuns.

My bro got a tattoo while drunk at 16. And he did not get the tattoo that he asked for. He wanted the 4 bar Black Flag symbol. And the tattoo artist gave him a pirate flag instead.

Docseverin

Docseverin

fade Don't be a dick. If you are paying for someone to draw permanent images on your body why wouldn't you research and want the best?

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

You can still find those places, for sure. But if you've thought ahead of time about what you want, you clearly care about it enough to ensure it's done properly.

fade

fade

fade Don't be a dick. If you are paying for someone to draw permanent images on your body why wouldn't you research and want the best?
I was playing around. I thought I made that clear by saying "I'm playing of course". But then you can't buy X without being told by some fan that the only real way to do it is to do it in Y expensive way lately. It wasn't just the tattoo thing.

If you want to make yourself a canvas, I get what you're going for. But part of the appeal of something like a tattoo seems to be the rebellious, spur of the moment nature of it. The fact that it's permanent but carries a risk of being terrible and regrettable seems like part of the appeal.

LittleSin

LittleSin

I think, perhaps, you've been reading to many Biker pulp magazines.

Chad Sexington

Chad Sexington

You guys told her about sexingtonsecrets.blogspot.com already, right?

And just so he see's it [user]Chad Sexington[/user]
Why.

SeraRelm

Damn...I don't have the image saved to my computer.

SeraRelm, if you please?

What?!

LittleSin

LittleSin

Well..that's an Elvis.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

I was playing around. I thought I made that clear by saying "I'm playing of course". But then you can't buy X without being told by some fan that the only real way to do it is to do it in Y expensive way lately. It wasn't just the tattoo thing.

If you want to make yourself a canvas, I get what you're going for. But part of the appeal of something like a tattoo seems to be the rebellious, spur of the moment nature of it. The fact that it's permanent but carries a risk of being terrible and regrettable seems like part of the appeal.
So is sticking your willy in a prostitute. Or marriage, now that I think about it.

Wow... I really should stop thinking about things like this. I managed to make a logical leap from purchasing access to a vagina to... purchasing exclusive access to a vagGODDAMMIT!

SeraRelm

If you consider marriage to be a transaction...

UR DOIN' IT OLDSCHOOL!

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Jes' makin' a wee bit of a joke thar, lass. Noo harm, noo fo...

*slaps his face*

Sorry... Just watched the Brave trailer. I started Scottin' out.

myfunkyself

When did everything get so complicated and specialized? What happened to getting drunk, walking into a dirty tattoo parlor, getting an anchor on your arm, and then driving off on your g-d Harley with blood and pus dripping from the fresh ink on your forearm?
I can't speak for everyone, but I always try to do a little research when I am buying a big ticket item, and for me, tattoos fall under that category :p

But it would be pretty hilarious to be that balls-to-the-walls awesome and impulsive!

Deciding that I want to get a tattoo when I go to Vegas about a year and a half in advance is as spontaneous as this girl is gonna get, unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on how you look at it)!

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Fade is just upset that he can never shave his head, due to the giant penis tattooed on it.

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

Mayhaps I will spice up your morning coffee with my piss bag.

Chippy

Chippy

if you watch a lot of movies, sure.

Jes' makin' a wee bit of a joke thar, lass. Noo harm, noo fo...

*slaps his face*

Sorry... Just watched the Brave trailer. I started Scottin' out.
You're weird

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

You're weird
Did it really take you this long to realize that? :D

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Be fair, it's confusing as we just thought you were Finnish instead of weird.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Instead?

ElJuski

ElJuski

You're weird
Bro, don't make fun of Finnish people. They're apparently quite tough.

Gusto

Gusto

Wait I just got it.

:troll:

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Bro, don't make fun of Finnish people. They're apparently quite tough.

Still not funny.

SeraRelm

Nice guys; Finnish last. :awesome:

ElJuski

ElJuski

Still not funny.
sorry man don't hurt me with your finnish strength

Chippy

Chippy

Q: Why do Finnish people never play hide and seek?
A: Nobody wants to look for them.

One of the first results after googling "Finn jokes"