[Question] Rebel Alliance Tattoo

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

myfunkyself

Hey, guys! While on the hunt for searching pictures of Rebel Alliance tattoos (I really, really, really want to get one when I go on a trip to Las Vegas in a year or so, not to mention I am a huge fan of the original three ever since I can remember, heck I can't even remember the first time I watched 4,5 or 6, that's how much a part of me they are!), when I stumbled upon this forum and saw that it was locked and therefore couldn't ask my question there.

So I want to get a small one in the general area of my ankle and am wondering what is the smallest it can be? I don't want something huge, but at the same time, I don't want it to blur on me because I didn't do enough research on what size it should be. I wanted it to be red with a black outline.

Thoughts?

Is this you first tat?

Have you researched artist in your area?

These are questions that should be directed towards a tattoo artist that has been operating for a long time.

M

myfunkyself

Is this you first tat? Have you researched artist in your area?
This would be my first, and I've narrowed it down to two places on the Strip that I'd like to go.

These are questions that should be directed towards a tattoo artist that has been operating for a long time.
I figured as much, but I thought it wouldn't hurt to ask on here while I wait for a response from the artists at the two places I'm thinking of going to. I'm just excited :p

Well, a small tattoo shouldn't be a hassle. About an inch your typically safe from the lines running...but that depends how light the hand of the tattooist is!

I have very little experience with tattoos, only got one so far myself.
Definitely look into the artists in your area. There are a tonne of sites and forums where people rate their experiences at tattoo parlours and the like.
I will also tag Docseverin cause he's a pretty inked guy, if I recall correctly. And therefore is better equipped to answer the question.
My first and thus far only tattoo is decently big (probably around 6x8in) cause I figured go big or go home so I can't really say, but I'd think you'd want it probably around 1.5inch in diameter.

M

myfunkyself

dude, just do it.
I am planning on it, but I want to wait until I'm in Vegas to do it :D

There are a tonne of sites and forums where people rate their experiences at tattoo parlours and the like.
I've been to one, and the people on there are such snobs, if you can believe it. Instead of helping me with my question, they called me boring, bland, uninspiring and indirectly called me a g-u-i-d-o, so I don't really want to deal with them. After I saw that one thread here with a member who had a similar question about geeky tattoos, I figured I'd be safe here!

I'd think you'd want it probably around 1.5inch in diameter.
Makes sense. That's pretty reasonable.

I'm not even sure why that thread was locked.

Also only reason I say 1.5in is because you said you wanted it two colours, and in my head that outline would be easier if it were a little larger.

M

myfunkyself

I'm not even sure why that thread was locked.

Also only reason I say 1.5in is because you said you wanted it two colours, and in my head that outline would be easier if it were a little larger.
Yeah, I've seen a couple that are just solid red, some solid black, but I think it needs an outline. That's just me, though!

So it looks like the thing that would really kill this tattoo is if it comes out not symmetrical:

and

So I'd just make sure whatever image you end up using is nice and clean and clear so the artist will have the best chance of getting it even.

There are some cool variation I saw that might be worth considering such as:

this one

and

just some neat things to really make it your own, as it were.

S

SeraRelm

I think the problem here is that you mispronounced "Imperial" as "Dirty Stinking Rebel Scum".

:D

M

myfunkyself

So it looks like the thing that would really kill this tattoo is if it comes out not symmetrical
This is very true. I'll have to make sure that the tattoo artist that I pick is good at that kind of stuff. And a good, clean picture of the logo shouldn't be too hard to find! Although I must say, I really like the one with the X-Wing! Very awesome!

fade

Staff member
Get one above your anus that says "SMALL THERMAL EXHAUST PORT" with an arrow. Bonus if you get "RAY SHIELDED" tattooed right across it.

S

SeraRelm

Added at: 14:15
Get one above your anus that says "SMALL THERMAL EXHAUST PORT" with an arrow. Bonus if you get "RAY SHIELDED" tattooed right across it.
But what is someone gets "Red Leader" tattooed on their junk?

Status
Not open for further replies.