[Rant] Wow United Airline can't find my luggage?!?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chibibar

I am in Utah with my wife and my mother for a Nu Skin training session and we check in TWO bags under my mother's name since she is 1k member. She only got 1 bag arrive (her bag) while our bag is MIA. We file a claim and they track it. It is STILL in Dallas when we check it in back at 7am. It is 11pm Mountain time and guess where my bag is??

STILL IN TEXAS!!!!

I have no suits, no clothes, no personal products (I got two expensive electric toothbrush in there) my nice shoes, everything :( all I got was my laptop since I carry on.

YEESH!!! next time I'm carrying on everything.

K

König

Do you have travel insurance?
Check your policy and if you're covered, you can probably go on a spending spree buying all new clothes and whatnot

it's reasons like these that I always carry on my musical instruments--and a printout from the TSA saying that musicians are allowed to carry on instruments in addition to their one carry on item.

I've had my luggage lost before, and it sucks. Hope you get it soon!

C

Chazwozel

Just go to the store a buy yourself a quick new suit. There's a good chance that you won't see that suitcase until a month from now when they send it back to your house.

That's why I always have one change of clothes in my carry on, at least. I've had my stuff lost, and it can really suck. Best of luck in getting it back!

I feel obligated to remember last July's United Breaks Guitars meme, but only because the artist is from my neighbourhood.

Did you use AmEx to make the reservation? One of AmEx's benefits so they can charge you their annual fee is luggage insurance up to a certain amount if the airline doesn't get it back to you within 3-4 days.

Similarly, United may have something similar buried deep within their customer service site. They won't tell you about it if it's there, but they're obligated to have something like "Customer's Rights" listed somewhere online.

A

Alex B.

That blows. The airline (I forget who we used now) lost our luggage on our honeymoon. We got it back after a day or two, but it wasn't a fun time waiting for it, having nobody return your calls and half-expecting that there's actually no one even looking into the matter. Carrying on a change of clothes is definitely a good idea.

Dave

Staff member
When I flew back home from North Carolina I was forced to change planes due to mechanical failures in the original one. As it was a connecting flight in Chicago I worried - rightly - about my luggage. Yep, it was lost. So I filled out my complaint and waited. They told me to go home and they'd call me. The NEXT DAY they called me and brought it to my front door with their apologies.

This was Southwest and I will always fly them because of the customer service they gave me.

But one of the worst feelings in the world is standing by the luggage carousel as the same bags go round & round before it finally shuts off with you still standing there empty-handed. Was it lost? Did someone grab it by mistake? Is there a bag left on the wheel that looks similar? Then you realize that you have to stand in line with 40 other disgruntled idiots who blame the poor lady behind the counter as if she personally went to the tarmac and removed their bags while laughing maniacally at how dumb they were.

I was pleasant and joked with her and it was like watching the sunshine illuminate her. As I walked away I could hear the guy behind me in line exclaim, "Well it's about fucking time! You stupid fuckers lost my bags! AGAIN!" I turned and looked at her as her shoulders slumped. I felt really bad for her.

C

crono1224

Weird, they let me carry on 2 bags, a laptop/briefcase/purse, and another checked bag. I always make sure to bring at least 1-2 changes of clothes in the carry on just in case something like this occurs, nothing sucks worst than getting somewhere with no clothes.

Status
Not open for further replies.