Rant VIII: The Reckoning

This is a bit graphic (butt stuff!), so I'll spoiler it, but...I think I need to see my doctor about something.

So I was taking a shower tonight and washing the usual sun-don't-shine spots.

That's when I felt a...bump right outside my asshole. At first, I honestly thought it was some large clump of shit that I somehow didn't wipe, but that wasn't it. When I poked it, it didn't hurt. It was fleshy and the skin registered my touch. Didn't hurt, though.

So now, I'm getting kind of worried. It doesn't hurt, so it's not haemorrhoids. Told my girlfriend about it. She thinks it might be a pimple, but again, that would register some small pain, especially one that big. It's about the size of my knuckle, or twice the size of maybe a pinto bean.

Obviously, I'm not jumping right to the cancer conclusion, but I can't help but consider it. I'm looking up a bit on what it might be and one thing I came across was anal cancer, which can happen through HPV. I had dated a girl briefly with HPV, but we didn't have intercourse (outside of brief oral from her to me, one time). Possible I might have contracted it, though?

Either way, I'm not assuming anything, panicking, or jumping to any conclusions. I'm going to see my doctor and go from there.
Spinning from this, the lump has been pretty much the only thing on my mind all week since discovering it. Again, not panicking because there's no point worrying about what it is or it isn't until I hear it from a medical official.

I have an appointment with my family doctor on Tuesday. The wait is killing me. What's worse is that'll only be the initial diagnosis. Tests will obviously come later. More waiting.

In the meantime, I've had this song - mostly the chorus - stuck in my head most of the week:

Not gonna lie, guys. I'm a little scared.

Dave

Staff member
I had much the same thing last year and I worried and worried. Turned out it was a bit of calcification. Don't get riled up until you speak with the docs.

Man, and here I am loving the fact that it got to the mid-50's last night... folks around here were bundling up whilst going clubbing, and I was just revelling in the cooler air.

So this morning i find myself homeless and jobless... again.
I have been living in california in a company provided house and or hotel for the last three months. This morning they dropped me for poor sales and told me the equivalent of pack or bags and gtfo. So now i am sitting on the beach with exactly enough money for one tank of gas, no where to go and no idea where to sleep or find work....

... and thats just the tip of the iceberg

Dave

Staff member
I have been living in california in a company provided house and or hotel for the last three months. This morning they dropped me for poor sales and told me the equivalent of pack or bags and gtfo. So now i am sitting on the beach with exactly enough money for one tank of gas, no where to go and no idea where to sleep or find work....

Jesus, dude. Where in California?[DOUBLEPOST=1412621649,1412621489][/DOUBLEPOST]http://www.homelessresourcesca.org/

Maybe a site you could look over and get some ideas.

If you can make it to Texas my place is open for you to crash in if you don't mind 3 kids

Thread Necromancer wins October, and it's only 6 days in!
Sorry, guy. I got nothing to give you but empathy, and that won't fill a belly.

--Patrick

Thread Necromancer wins October, and it's only 6 days in!
Sorry, guy. I got nothing to give you but empathy, and that won't fill a belly.

--Patrick
I appreciate the empathy. I am not here asking for anything. I just dont have a lot of other places to vent either.[DOUBLEPOST=1412634886,1412634751][/DOUBLEPOST]
I'm sure the halforums folks will help with gas money.. Won't you @Dave
Im really not asking for anything. I just dont know what steps at this time i will take. Trying to get it all straight in my head.

Dave

Staff member
You want to do that? You let us worry about your gas and food, @Thread Necromancer.

Do you have a PayPal that you can access? Because it's time to help out a forumite![DOUBLEPOST=1412635212,1412635160][/DOUBLEPOST]Everybody needs help now and again. There's nothing wrong with that. If you need it, don't be proud. Let us hook a brother up!

Dave

Staff member
I figure 1900 miles = about 8 fill-ups. Using gas prices in California, $4.22 per gallon is the average (it ranges from $3.23 in Sacramento to $5.09 in San Bruno) and an average of a 15 gallon tank (even though most are 12 gallon), we have the following.

8 fillups x (15 x 4.22) = About $500. That's not taking into account food or drinks.

@Thread Necromancer, you find a way we can get you that money and the donations will begin. It's about a 3 day journey so people wouldn't have to give today, necessarily. Like I get paid Wednesday so I could hook you up with a tank o' gas early then to take you in to Texas.

@CrimsonSoul 's wife here. I agree our house will always be open to friends in need. You never know what good deed can have a lasting effect on someone's life.