Rant VIII: The Reckoning

Of course my user keeps using wrong words when he is reading back the address.

http backslash backslash...

no http colon slash slash...

Yes backslash backslash...

/facepalm

Logged back into WoW for the first time in a long time. My Guild was going to do something and we talked about it on Facebook. I updated to the new patch...and all of my characters are gone.

Working with support now but I might be hosed.
Did your Diablo guys survive?

A

Anonymous

Anonymous

But, if the job is giving folks medical issues then the family should be understanding...

Not that families are understanding.

Tough situation.
And we just canned our scheduler, her first day back from vacation. Surely, she must be the reason that no one knows what's going on, not the multiple priorities from multiple people changing every 3 hours. That now brings us up to every person that my brother-in-law hired has been fired by his partner with the exception of one - me.

Of course my user keeps using wrong words when he is reading back the address.

http backslash backslash...

no http colon slash slash...

Yes backslash backslash...

/facepalm
One of my coworkers texted me this probable explanation of the uptick in user support we'd been seeing:

{Click to watch video, plays 5 seconds, "Your blah is out of date". Fap derp fap fap derp click click click fap fap call tech support, "my computer is slow". /Facepalm}

--Patrick

And we just canned our scheduler, her first day back from vacation. Surely, she must be the reason that no one knows what's going on, not the multiple priorities from multiple people changing every 3 hours. That now brings us up to every person that my brother-in-law hired has been fired by his partner with the exception of one - me.
Guess who's on the chopping block.

Seriously, though, it sounds like this partner is completely toxic.

Day 1 Report - Phone is still dead.

Searched a variety of mobile sites for S6 or S6 Edge, all companies are greedy fuckers. Want this new phone? Get our 2 year contract! Oh, it comes with the 75-80$ plan for 2 to 4 Gigs of data!

Ugh, fuck you. I had 1 GIG at 50$, that's all I need.

Day 1 Report - Phone is still dead.
If a phone goes into the drink (especially if it stays there a while) while it's on, it's usually a total loss.
And yes, the phone companies sure do love turning your money into their money. "This phone is free with a 2yr contract, or you can buy it outright for $699"

--Patrick

So, was replacing the rubber flat washers in my shower's faucet stems - faucets had been leading for a while, this was some past-due maintenance. When I put the stems back into place and turned the water back on, it flowed constantly, as though the tops were fully opened. Couldn't figure it out, until I went to replace the brass seat that the washers were supposed to press against. It pulled right out. Because the FUCKING SEAT THREADS on the INSIDE of the pipe fitting had corroded to the point that they fell apart.

The shower is a one-piece fiberglass tub/shower. There is no access panel for the plumbing. Guess who just had to carve a hole in the sheetrock to get at the pipes.

This whole odyssey about prompted the first full-blown domestic dispute between my wife and I. Right there in the middle of Lowe's when we found out just how severe the damage was.

THANKFULLY our neighbor has a handyman friend who can do the work for half the price of a plumber. But it's still not gonna get done until about Monday. FML...
fyi there is so much to say here but you wouldnt believe me if i said it.

I was considering a s6 but they lost me when they removed the microsd slot from their phones. I know thats weird but i love having hindreds of gigs of local storage on the device i take everywhere all day with me.

I was considering a s6 but they lost me when they removed the microsd slot from their phones. I know thats weird but i love having hindreds of gigs of local storage on the device i take everywhere all day with me.
No replaceable battery and no microSD slot are the reason I decided to get an S5 instead of an S6. those are very very much downgrades to fuck over the consumer, but hey, if Apple can get away with it....Blegh.

No replaceable battery and no microSD slot are the reason I decided to get an S5 instead of an S6. those are very very much downgrades to fuck over the consumer, but hey, if Apple can get away with it....Blegh.
Exactly the same reasons for going to a S5 instead of a S6 for me. I'm not sure what I do with my phone that does it but I can barely get a day out of the battery. Being able to have a standby ready to swap out when mine dies and be at 100% again is very nice, plus I don't stress out the fragile usb port that always seems to go first by charging it through there every night.

Well I'm dogsitting for a friend and I found that my phone fell into a tiny hole in his couch so its up against the bottom. You cant move the cushions on this couch, so now the only way to get it is to cut out part of the bottom. Of course, his service isn't good and I don't want to do it without his ok, but its my phone.

Well I'm dogsitting for a friend and I found that my phone fell into a tiny hole in his couch so its up against the bottom. You cant move the cushions on this couch, so now the only way to get it is to cut out part of the bottom. Of course, his service isn't good and I don't want to do it without his ok, but its my phone.
Update: Forgiveness vs permission.