Rant VII: Now With 25% Less Drama

Status
Not open for further replies.
The wife of a good friend just died. She was one my wife's best friends. This really sucks. I don't know what else to say. I'm home from work early to catch my wife before she gets home and finds out via email. I'm just dreading her walking in that door right now and me having to tell her.

North_Ranger

Staff member
Can you find three friends and matching outfits? Bad news don't sound so bad when sung by a barbershop quartet.

Okay, in all seriousness... I'm sorry for your loss, and I hope that the missus will take the news well.

North_Ranger

Staff member
Can you find three friends and matching outfits? Bad news don't sound so bad when sung by a barbershop quartet.

Okay, in all seriousness... I'm sorry for your loss, and I hope that the missus will take the news well.

wrong thread? :p[/QUOTE]

Why? I was expressing my condolences. Granted, my ability to express myself in any meaningful way has been seriously impaired by lack of sleep and surplus of nightmares, but still...

Why? I was expressing my condolences. Granted, my ability to express myself in any meaningful way has been seriously impaired by lack of sleep and surplus of nightmares, but still...[/QUOTE]

Hey you are abusing your mod powers! That post was originally in the random crap thread! :humph:

North_Ranger

Staff member

Why? I was expressing my condolences. Granted, my ability to express myself in any meaningful way has been seriously impaired by lack of sleep and surplus of nightmares, but still...[/QUOTE]

Hey you are abusing your mod powers! That post was originally in the random crap thread! :humph:[/QUOTE]

No, it wasn't.

Thanks guys, I appreciate it. I told her and she took it... about as can be expected. She had to rush off to work, it's gonna be hard to deal with clients today for her. We got to cry and spend a little time together though and I'm sure there will be more of that tonight. It just really really sucks.

If this question is to nosy feel free to ignore it but was it a quick and unexpected death or had she been sick and fighting for awhile?

D

Disconnected

So guess who was up all night doing damage control after the AC decided to dump what looks like a few of gallons of water, which has thoroughly soaked both my hall carpet and has gotten under the hardwood floors in my living room...
The son you sent up on the roof in the storm?

If this question is to nosy feel free to ignore it but was it a quick and unexpected death or had she been sick and fighting for awhile?
She's been in the hospital for a bit but she was actually getting better, they were going to move her out of the ICU today in fact but then lat last night everything went to hell. It's even worse that they had just had their second child about 2 months ago.

She's been in the hospital for a bit but she was actually getting better, they were going to move her out of the ICU today in fact but then lat last night everything went to hell. It's even worse that they had just had their second child about 2 months ago.[/QUOTE]

I am sorry to hear that :(

And once again I offer my condolences to you and your family/friends family

AC systems? It is firmly autumn here in SW Ontario. It's like the weather consulted a calendar at the beginning of September or something.

Woke up at 5am, threw up dinner. Slept on and off since, got up at 8am for work. Still feel like nine kinds of hell, but I'm going in anyway because I hate calling in sick.

I also have a double shift today so I won't get off work till 9 or so.

So not only is our little community dealing with the loss of the woman I talked about but the pastors wife has now been diagnosed with glicoblastoma, one of the most common and aggressive forms of primary brain tumors. She's beginning an intense 6 month radiation treatment. They have 8 kids ranging from 1 1/2 to 13. :(

Woke up at 5am, threw up dinner. Slept on and off since, got up at 8am for work. Still feel like nine kinds of hell, but I'm going in anyway because I hate calling in sick.

I also have a double shift today so I won't get off work till 9 or so.
And what a delightful chance to get everyone else sick!

aaaaaaAAAAAAH!

God damn husband. Why? WHY DO YOU ALWAYS HAVE A SHIT FIT AROUND THIS TIME OF THE MONTH?!

Are you secretly woman?! Are you PMSing?!

I'm just-EUGH!

You never know. He'd end up like a guy I went to high school with. He found out after graduating that he really WAS PMSing every month because he had a uterus that somehow every doctor he went to before seemed to miss. Last time I saw him years ago, it was a week before he was about to get the sex change operation. Haven't seen him since he became a women (that I know of).

With each passing day this is quickly becoming one of the worst weeks of my life and most of it is my own fault.

W

Wasabi Poptart

Whomever pushed a bottle brush into my sinuses, please come remove it. Thanks.

M

makare

I have three important job interviews next week. i have never had real job interview before, you know, the kind you have to dress up for and be competent. Haha. I have always been hired pretty much over the phone or whatever. I am so stressed about it. The worst thing is I found out about it on Thursday and the first one is Monday. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.