Random Video Game Crap

GTA6 and Elder Scrolls 6 are both hilariously off in the distance. I'd be pleasantly surprised if either exist before 2030.

Yeah, I don't know. I get it's a meme and it's funny, but none of those games would be enough to prevent me from killing myself.

Now, if someone told me an open world Superman game was on the horizon...

GTA6 and Elder Scrolls 6 are both hilariously off in the distance. I'd be pleasantly surprised if either exist before 2030.
I definitely believe that Microsoft has lit a fire under Bethesda's ass about Fallout 5 and Elder Scrolls 6, considering they were the whole reason to buy the company, but I also know they aren't coming until after Starfield and we've got, what, a single trailer and no gameplay of that and it's supposed to be out next year?

And Cyberpunk 2077… is that any good now? I heard some patches came out that made it better. But was it enough?
Don't believe the lies that fixing glitches could ever make Cyberpunk 2077 more than B effort everywhere else. It's systems are so obtuse and poorly designed that nothing but a complete do over would make them any fun.

I like how where they landed with money. Money is mostly useless so they made the variety of cars you could buy more expensive than everything by a HUGE margin.

Yeah this beat up pickup truck costs 12 times more than the very top of the line optic mods that are supposedly top secret and not available to the public, what of it?

Buying all the cars is almost all you end up using money for.

And Cyberpunk 2077… is that any good now? I heard some patches came out that made it better. But was it enough?
Not really. To make it run stable they removed most of the traffic on the streets in the console versions. It's playable but there are still issues. Bugs and gliches, clipping problems with npcs and loading issues.

I thought it was a good game but it definitely felt like a beta so I'll probably get back into it again soon to see how a year has improved it

Edit: It was one of the better loot shooters I've played, I'd much rather spend more time in cyberpunk than with fallout or borderlands or far cry

Don't believe the lies that fixing glitches could ever make Cyberpunk 2077 more than B effort everywhere else. It's systems are so obtuse and poorly designed that nothing but a complete do over would make them any fun.
I dunno about that, dude, cutting a cop's head off with a sword then getting my ass kicked by robocop for it is pretty fun

For the Hedberg one, would have also accepted, "Starcraft is great if you're feeling you want to kill, like, two thousand of something."

--Patrick

Man, Dunkey's on a roll this month.

I really miss those service vehicle minigames in modern gta. They were a very simple and effective way to feel like you were a part of the world and gave the wide open world a purpose without cluttering it with collectables

Edit: Damn, I think I've just seen a gaming video that I actually like. It's all pretty well reasoned

In the past I might've said something like "(Developer) has earned my trust, I don't see anything wrong with pre-ordering from them!"

Then Bioware came out with Andromeda, Bethesda came out with FO76, CDPR came out with Cyberpunk 2077, etc. I don't say that any more.

In the past I might've said something like "(Developer) has earned my trust, I don't see anything wrong with pre-ordering from them!"

Then Bioware came out with Andromeda, Bethesda came out with FO76, CDPR came out with Cyberpunk 2077, etc. I don't say that any more.
I love Marvel stuff, and I love Firaxis games. So when Midnight Suns was announced I was tempted… but I also feel like that game has a huge potential to be bad. So no pre-order for me. It’s the same as what you described above.

Finished the MSQ of Final Fantasy 14: Endwalker. Blizzard should look at what the 14 team did with this expansion and be ashamed of Shadowlands.

One of my favourite newer annual traditions: Game Maker's Toolkit's look into accessibility in video games from the past year.

Personally, I don't usually need a great deal of accessibility in the games I play. I always turn on the subtitles, but aside from that, I don't turn on the other options. But games SHOULD have as many options as possible, so that more people can enjoy them.

But there are some quality of life things that are in most games today that weren't before. A great example is the autosave feature or checkpoints. In the Atari and NES days, you'd be lucky to be able to save your game at all. Or have a weird code like Mega Man or Punch Out.

And because I get easily frustrated with games, autosave and checkpoint systems are a godsend. In fact, if a checkpoint takes me back TOO far, causing me to have to repeat long periods of gameplay, I feel less inclined to repeat that section and just turn the game off.

I've noticed in the last 5 years or so, discussions around accessibility in video games has greatly increased. Some developers will go as far as to announce the accessibility options in the game before release. And it's honestly great to see the barriers around games coming down.