Random Video Game Crap

So I bought that RTX 2080 a couple weeks ago. Suddenly I get an email from Nvidia telling me if I buy a card between now and August, I get Wolfenstein Youngblood for freeeeee.

But I just bought an RTX 2080 like 2 weeks ago.

Email.

Sure bud, here's a code! YAAAAY!

UPDATE

The code is for the Bethesda launcher.

MOOOOOOOOONKEY'S PAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Me: Hmm. This month's Humble Bundle Monthly came out. Call of Duty III and one or two interesting indie games. Zero interest in COD. I'll gift that to someone. Anything good to preview next mo...

*Sees Moonlighter and Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice*

Also Me: OH FUCK YES. Gonna cash in and install those bad boys right away.

I've been watching WoW videos and have been getting a hankering to pick up the latest stuff just single player through all the content, kinda like I did with Star Trek Online a few months back.

I didn't like FF14. I TRIED.
I had the same experience. Tried a caster, found it boring, quit.

Some time later I tried it again, started as a lancer, and it just clicked, was able to stick with it long enough to get out of the beginner area and fell in love.

I'm not saying you have to give it another chance, but if you're itching for an MMO and decide against WoW, it might be worth it to try again.

The very act of not being able to play new expansions until you completely clear the one before it is a huge barrier to entry for me. If I'm going to be locked into a story line that hard, I'd rather play through my JRPG backlog, which incidentally is what I've been doing.

I think it's not terribly newbie friendly. You get absolutely bombarded with menus, NPCs to go see, etc. when you first create a character.

I've never played a single FF game. But I'm a bit bored, and there's a free trial. Figured I could dip my toe back in the MMO water with FF14.

Let me know if you have any questions, I'm sure @Squidleybits would be glad to help too. Feeling lost in the beginning is totally normal.
Not lost yet.
Played until I hit level 6, started venturing outside of the city for some quests. Participated in a Fate thingie. Got another quest that took me through a level 10 area, where I was immediately KO'd. Decided that 2 hours was my limit for the day and ended there.

Playing a thaumaturge. Found this tip on a message board "Ideally what you want to do at lower levels is cast Fire until you are very low on MP, use Transpose, then cast Blizzard until you are full of MP, then start casting Fire spells again. " Which is essentially what I'd already been doing.

Not lost yet.
Played until I hit level 6, started venturing outside of the city for some quests. Participated in a Fate thingie. Got another quest that took me through a level 10 area, where I was immediately KO'd. Decided that 2 hours was my limit for the day and ended there.

Playing a thaumaturge. Found this tip on a message board "Ideally what you want to do at lower levels is cast Fire until you are very low on MP, use Transpose, then cast Blizzard until you are full of MP, then start casting Fire spells again. " Which is essentially what I'd already been doing.
That's basically what thaumaturge does at low levels. I find physical jobs more engaging at low levels, but if you're enjoying being a caster it only gets better, and soon you'll be filling rooms with fire.

FF14 isn't really a game you grind. Just follow along the main quest and do your class quests when they pop up (every 5th level) and the scope of the game will slowly expand. Lots of things will be introduced, but you don't have to engage with them yet, so don't feel like you need to go do x thing.

And find a free company with people to chat with and to jump in with dungeons when you get to them. I've found the community to be excellent, since all the children are off playing fortnite and the toxic people are off playing WoW

Watched the E3 PKs so far and I serious wondering if they all hired and placed hypemen in the crowd or something. Especially Bethesda.

Watched the E3 PKs so far and I serious wondering if they all hired and placed hypemen in the crowd or something. Especially Bethesda.
Nothing that crazy, just their own employees as cheerleaders. Companies have done this done forever at E3. There are also embarrassing games people there that will hoot like fucking children too.

Nothing that crazy, just their own employees as cheerleaders. Companies have done this done forever at E3. There are also embarrassing games people there that will hoot like fucking children too.
It just feels like more than usually. I remember a lot of stiff people sitting without any excitement at all from the previous years.

What world/data centre are you on @Tinwhistler ?

I have a Thaumaturge around that level and that’s how I play them. At some point early on in the main quest you’ll get a companion to help you level and fight. As a Summoner I didn’t use it, but my conjurer and thaumaturge will for sure.

What world/data centre are you on @Tinwhistler ?

I have a Thaumaturge around that level and that’s how I play them. At some point early on in the main quest you’ll get a companion to help you level and fight. As a Summoner I didn’t use it, but my conjurer and thaumaturge will for sure.
I just chose the North American default: Aether, Sarganatas.

If you're playing somewhere else, I can start over. It's not like I have a lot of time sunk into it.