Random Video Game Crap

I played a bit of 1 & 2 back on the PS2, but never far enough to beat either of them. And I don't think far enough down the rabbit hole of the mess of a story. Then came the deluge of side-games for like a billion separate platforms and I just wanted no part of that mess. But THEN I saw the fancy new PS4 collections with the whole story. And I seriously thought about getting them in preparation for KH3.

But between Dunkey and Jim Sterling's videos on the series, I don't think I'd enjoy it much because even as they describe what's going on, I still have no fucking idea.

On a totally unrelated note:

Hey, online gamers? Just a thought, but MAYBE don't tell people to kill themselves? It's funny to you, but there are players (like me) who've attempted suicide and struggle with depression. It's the last thing anyone wants to hear. Especially over a fucking video game.

FYI, that happened to me earlier today while playing Awesomenauts. And it was from my TEAMMATE. Awesomenauts is a game I'll play obsessively for like a week and then take months off because of toxic players like that. I started playing it again recently since last summer.

(I know no one here does (as far as I know). I'm just ranting.)

I played a bit of 1 & 2 back on the PS2, but never far enough to beat either of them. And I don't think far enough down the rabbit hole of the mess of a story. Then came the deluge of side-games for like a billion separate platforms and I just wanted no part of that mess. But THEN I saw the fancy new PS4 collections with the whole story. And I seriously thought about getting them in preparation for KH3.

But between Dunkey and Jim Sterling's videos on the series, I don't think I'd enjoy it much because even as they describe what's going on, I still have no fucking idea.
The plot is dense like a fruit cake. Even if you know what is going on, NONE of it makes sense because they felt the need to justify every fucking game in the series. It's still fun to play, despite the fruitcake.

I lost track of a lot of the side plots, but honestly I'm having a lot of fun playing KH3. It has exactly what I want, i.e. being able to explore Disney worlds with the characters, fun little transformations and cool keyblades & attacks/summonses. It's not everyone's cup of tea, but I'm having a ball.

The plot is dense like a fruit cake. Even if you know what is going on, NONE of it makes sense because they felt the need to justify every fucking game in the series. It's still fun to play, despite the fruitcake.
I've been watching some clips. There are several times where Mickey goes on about the Heartless or some other nonsense I had no clue. And you could tell even the voice actor had no clue what he was saying.

I lost track of a lot of the side plots, but honestly I'm having a lot of fun playing KH3. It has exactly what I want, i.e. being able to explore Disney worlds with the characters, fun little transformations and cool keyblades & attacks/summonses. It's not everyone's cup of tea, but I'm having a ball.
I honestly want a more indepth Gummi Ship game. Half the reason I fell in love with Space Engineers was because it was basically GummiShip HD.

I've been watching some clips. There are several times where Mickey goes on about the Heartless or some other nonsense I had no clue. And you could tell even the voice actor had no clue what he was saying.
Mickey, Chip and Dale all sound fucking awful. Like less than 3rd rate impressions.

On a totally unrelated note:
Hey, online gamers? Just a thought, but MAYBE don't tell people to kill themselves? [...] (I know no one here does (as far as I know). I'm just ranting.)
I don't hear the "you should kill yourself(ves)" commentary so much these days as I hear the "GAY penis SUCK ur mom GOBBLE homo" etc. stuff.
I promise you it's just as annoying, even though it's luckily centered around a subject I haven't struggled with.

--Patrick

EA complaining they ONLY got 7.3 million sales of Battlefield V is ludicrous. It's like rather than comparing expectations to market and audience, they're looking at global population. "There are like 9 billion people on this planet and only 7.3 million of them bought our shitty copy-paste military shooter. Harrumph!"

The sooner that companies like EA and Actiblizz fall flat on their face the better.

By the way, Actiblizz is about to lay off like a huge portion of their dev staff while the top 10 folk at that company make enough money to pay for 1000 devs based on their salaries and bonuses. Modern corporate culture is unsustainable.

GasBandit

Staff member
I'm surprised I never noticed this one before...

I like to listen to video game music a lot, and, well.. if you skip to around 55 seconds in this Garou: Mark of the Wolves track...

Hey, uh, Capcom...

Also, Garou is SNK. But, well, Capcom's been doing it forever too.

And really, almost all of Doom and Doom 2's soundtrack is just midi popular rock and metal tunes.

Mickey, Chip and Dale all sound fucking awful. Like less than 3rd rate impressions.
I find this sort of an odd complaint, and to be fair, you don't have small kids so I don't expect you to know this, but that's Disney's official Mickey Mouse voice actor for the last decade or so, providing Mickey's voice for Mickey's Clubhouse and Mickey's Roadster Racers. Meanwhile, Chip and Dale are being voiced by Tress MacNielle and Corey Burton, their original voice actors dating back to Rescue Rangers in the 80's and ever since. (Not to mention both of them pretty much being voice actor royalty.)

THEN. It's the fault of whoever's in charge of the sound at Square for not putting enough chipmunk into the Chipmunks.

That Mickey voice though. Woof.

I have never played Prison Architect, but I found this video fascinating, and hilarious:
It's pretty well known in the Prison Architect community that trees are basically free money, so he's not the first person to come up with this idea. For example, here's a Reddit thread from four years ago. You can play it as Forestry Simulator if you want, there's nothing really stopping you from doing so, but I'd imagine it might get boring rather quickly.

As a side note, Prison Architect is a really fun game and I'd definitely recommend it if you're into games where you build stuff (Minecraft, Dwarf Fortress, etc).

GasBandit

Staff member
Yeah, Prison Architect is basically a slightly less robust Rimworld that is focused on, well, running a prison. It's entertaining, but any given game always ends when you realize you could just be playing Rimworld.

Maybe it, like the user benchmarking site, thinks you are in cananda...
You were...close, I guess? I’m at work now instead of at home, and testing shows my external IP occasionally coming up as being in France for some reason (no VPN, no tunnel, no idea what’s going on).
That said, copying the embedded link and going directly to YouTube seems to work fine every time, even the times my IP says France.

Dunno, man. Somebody musta broke the Internet again.

—Patrick