Random Video Game Crap

Huh. GoG just gave me a free copy of Tales of Monkey Island. It was on my wishlist. Got an email saying I got a game for free on it and lo and behold, ToMI.

I wonder if this is related to the recent purging of Telltale games from stores?

figmentPez

Staff member
Every time I look at it I spot more.

Mario 64 map, Doom shotgun, Overwatch charge meter, Minecraft hunger meter, LEGO Star Wars character portrait and stud counter, Mario Kart 1st place, not sure what the minimap is from, nor the compass, and I don't recognize the knight/enemy. Did I miss anything?

Mario 64 map, Doom shotgun, Overwatch charge meter, Minecraft hunger meter, LEGO Star Wars character portrait and stud counter, Mario Kart 1st place, not sure what the minimap is from, nor the compass, and I don't recognize the knight/enemy. Did I miss anything?
Enemy is an Abyss Watcher from Dark Souls 3. Map/compass is from Runescape.

GasBandit

Staff member

Enemy is an Abyss Watcher from Dark Souls 3. Map/compass is from Runescape.
Also, it's kinda hard to see, but
There are orange and blue Portal markers around the crosshairs.

It’s not just the hunger bar, the entire inventory bar is there, too. The version with sound has a theme from Ocarina of Time playing. I still don’t know what the armor/HP bars are from, though.

—Patrick

It’s not just the hunger bar, the entire inventory bar is there, too. The version with sound has a theme from Ocarina of Time playing. I still don’t know what the armor/HP bars are from, though.

—Patrick
Wait, aren't the Armor/HP bars from Fortnite?

I wish we had a game rental service that mailed us games to rent. Instead we have an issue notifications and apologies service, where we get problem notifications and apologies to keep. But I guess ProblemsAndApologiesFly isn't as catchy as Gamefly.

We go on the same cycle with them:

- Start service, games come and go readily
- After four months, things start to slow
- Month 5, it's taking two weeks after shipping notification for us to get a game, so we drop the service
- Couple years go by, we give it another try hoping that service has improved.

Each time I cancel, they offer a free month. Normally I'm done and waive the month, but this time I took it just to see if they can get their act together. It's been over a week since the game shipped. I contacted customer service, they told me to wait longer and then contact them again if it still hadn't arrived.

I think this needs to be our last time with Gamefly, but I said that three years ago and here we are.

JFC Sony and/or Squeenix. I was looking to get the remastered Kingdom Hearts games and I went to the PS store because digital is easier to keep track of than physical copies. I'm glad I also asked Google though, because wtf.

Screenshot_20181128-093251.png
IMG_20181128_093300.jpg
Screenshot_20181128-093812.png

So, I have these 2 guest passes to Killing Floor. I've had them forever. They don't expire. I have Killing Floor, so I can't use them. I'm tired of them sitting in my Steam inventory.

Anyone want some guest passes? Or would be willing to take them and burn them for me, since I can't?

figmentPez

Staff member
This is a console I can't recall having heard of before, the Pioneer LaserActive. It's gimmick was that it used laserdiscs to play video overlaid with sprites for the "gameplay". It used add-on hardware to basically plug in specialized MegaDrive/Genesis or PC Engine/TurboGraphics 16 systems. It was expensive, and the games sucked. It came out about the same time as the 3DO.

The real reason I'm posting this video is for the segment covering Virtual Cameraman (starts at 10:11), a "game" where you approach women on the street and try to talk them into letting you take their picture. It's so cringey. It's like Virtual @bhamv3 Simulator! (I kid, it's so much worse).

My Kickstarter reward for Queen's Wish got here.

absolution.jpg

Not the ideal/final frame, but I had a spare mat in its size (the wax seal needs a spacer). More gaming companies should start offering this sort of deal. I'd buy several indulgences.

Getting fries and poutine if you'd like some.

EDIT: LOL this was supposed to be a text message to my wife. Not sure how I managed to put it here but I'm gonna leave it.

I finally bought *for me* a nice video card to upgrade my PC without having to get a new PS . . .

All these games I've bought on various super sales, that I can now play . . .

There is such a thing as too many choices of candy.