Random Video Game Crap

Though it seems less likely the deeper we sink into November, I'm still hoping for N64 Classic this year. But if Nintendo really does have plans to release it before 2019, they'll find some way to announce it the day of release, not a moment sooner, and somehow the scalpers will still legally own every single one before we hear about it.

Considering I no longer drink and don't partake in any recreational drugs (no matter how legal they are now and how not a mountie I'll be in 2 weeks), I really have no excuse for all these games I forget preordering.

SNK Collection for the Switch is on the way apparently. I have ZERO memory preordering it.

Though it seems less likely the deeper we sink into November, I'm still hoping for N64 Classic this year. But if Nintendo really does have plans to release it before 2019, they'll find some way to announce it the day of release, not a moment sooner, and somehow the scalpers will still legally own every single one before we hear about it.
If you just really want to play those games on your TV, building one would only cost around 20-50 dollars

He's talking about making a raspberry pi box.

UNFORTUNATELY, N64 emulates like shit from my experience. There's always something off.

He's talking about making a raspberry pi box.

UNFORTUNATELY, N64 emulates like shit from my experience. There's always something off.
Either a raspberry pi box, or a cheap older computer. Either way you'll likely want a cheap video card of some sort.

I've only had experience emulating stuff like conker on my gaming PC and streaming it to my tv, but it seemed to work really well.

They run like crap on my raspberry pi.

Not that they ran well on N64. There's also the controller issue, where I don't have anything similar to an N64 controller and I'm not going to bother to play N64 games.

I didn't know sitting in front of a camera while you play Fortnite (I guess that's all any of these folk do) is considered creating content.

Not all the folks putting in effort to create excellent gaming video essays with slick editing and such? Nope, just dipshit streamers. Cool.

Jesus. I am out of touch.

I'm a little excited to see if they do a trending gamer of the year award. Stoked to find out which racist, garbage dipshit outs themselves this time.

Yeah, I mean... where is NerdSlayer? His "Death of an MMO" series takes serious, indepth looks into why various MMOs are failing, dead, or in resurgence and he's not afraid to show his research.

But no, like usual, it's trendy kids playing trendy games, not people who put effort into their work.

They are entertainers who entertain.
For some, it has the appeal of shows like Jackass or Pawn Stars.
For others, it’s just a show that could be titled Here’s What It Would Be Like If You Were Actually Good At This Game.

—Patrick

Yeah, I guess my beef with this is that the people who produce great content and put a lot of time and effort into it... weren't even in nominees? Just Fortnite kids.

Are the defendants wealthy?
My understanding is that there is a difference between the public settlement amount and what is actually paid. If they agree to settle and let Nintendo publish a high enough amount to scare other emulators away, they actually only pay a fraction of the 12 million.

Does anyone know if there's anyway to speed up downloads on a PS4? I was trying to download Spider-Man yesterday and it was capping out really low and taking hours to download when my computer would be able to do the same download in under an hour easily. Halp!

I don't believe so. Ps4 download speeds are pretty universally reviled as being slow as molasses. I've never had a huge problem. Spider-man for instance was roughly an hour but I've definitely heard some horror stories.

I don't believe so. Ps4 download speeds are pretty universally reviled as being slow as molasses. I've never had a huge problem. Spider-man for instance was roughly an hour but I've definitely heard some horror stories.
Mine was 5 or so hours. D:

I was bitching to my husband about it while he was at work, and since he's a huge nerd he pulled out his phone and watched our usage stats, and the download would (very very occasionally) peak out at 50 megabit, but most of the time just sat at 15 or less just because it felt like it. :p