Random Video Game Crap

Most of these jokes, for me, fall into the "yeah, could have been a line from WC2" category of funny dumb shit.
Honestly, none of them spark the "oh no this isn't appropriate anymore, it's not the nineties anymore" trigger for me.
It's a bit of a shame, I think, but definitely not something I care much about.

I personally don't find any of the lines so outrageously offensive that I feel like they NEED to be removed from what is supposed to be a teen-and-above game. However, if they’re worried that keeping the lines will make it harder to attract/keep subscribers? Well…ok I guess I get it.

—Patrick

I personally don't find any of the lines so outrageously offensive that I feel like they NEED to be removed from what is supposed to be a teen-and-above game. However, if they’re worried that keeping the lines will make it harder to attract/keep subscribers? Well…ok I guess I get it.

—Patrick
Not directed at you, but *snort*, yeah that's the problem. If this stuff is a priority, its no wonder WoW lost a shit-ton of subscribers to FFXIV

It's...over an hour!

--Patrick
That's the intro video with a link in the description to the full 7 chapter review clocking in at, no shit, 11 hours.

I don't know what it is about these intense labours of love video essays that take months and months and months of work to make that makes them so comfortable to me. I can pop one of these on and just enjoy the rhythm of the narrator's voice.

Last edited:
I have Shamus Young's 780 page paperback Mass Effect retrospective sitting here and think, ewww, videos, ain't nobody got time for that :D

That's the intro video with a link in the description to the full 7 chapter review clocking in at, no shit, 11 hours.

I don't know what it is about these intense labours of love video essays that take months and months and months of work to make that makes them so comfortable to me. I can pop one of these on and just enjoy the rhythm of the narrator's voice.
Holy shit, and I thought an hour was long enough as it was.

Much as I can appreciate the existence of these super long-form essays, I find I don't often have the patience for them. Even Joseph Anderson and Noah Caldwell-Gervais. I never finished watching that linked Witcher 2 critique. I get they're trying to be comprehensive, and it's kind of like comparing an academic essay with, say, a full non-fiction book. But I would much prefer more concise essay over several hours long.

Reactions: Cat
So funny enough, Tim mentions in the intro to only pick two of the chapters and then watch the conclusion. Apparently painstakingly repetitive bloated chapters is a direct reference to how he felt reviewing the fucking game the way he did (playing through nearly every iteration of the story).

Much as I can appreciate the existence of these super long-form essays, I find I don't often have the patience for them. Even Joseph Anderson and Noah Caldwell-Gervais. I never finished watching that linked Witcher 2 critique. I get they're trying to be comprehensive, and it's kind of like comparing an academic essay with, say, a full non-fiction book. But I would much prefer more concise essay over several hours long.
I listen to these things like podcasts while I'm doing something else

Does anyone else go through a lot of Nintendo joy cons?
My catch that keeps it secured while in handheld mode on the left one stopped holding after what I thought was a rather benign drop while in the switch itself. It hit the ground in just a way that caused a few mm of plastic catch to sheer off as it forced itself loose so it almost stays on but any real movement while playing makes it slide out again. I had a pro controller already then so started using that pretty much exclusively as I didn't want to replace a whole controller or buy a replacement catch for just 1 piece of plastic.

But thanks for reminding me as last year I was gifted a mini tool set and it has the Nintendo security bit I'd need to open it and just replace the part myself.

Last edited:

1-2 hour essays? Thats nothing. How about a 12 hour review of TES4?

Lord fucking save me from Elden Ring videos. It doesn't come out till the end of February God damn it.
Post automatically merged:

1-2 hour essays? Thats nothing. How about a 12 hour review of TES4?

So I watched this. Found it pretty dry compared to other long ass video game essays.

Lord fucking save me from Elden Ring videos.
I still haven't watched any and have no clue what the game's about.
Also what with how many games are being delayed until late Feb I'm starting to suspect there has to be some kind of link.

--Patrick