Random Comic Book Crap

And now ladies and gentlemen I present another episode of "What the fuck is wrong with Erik Larson theater"(be warned, its gross and weird):

AND NO-you are not mistaken, that was clearly a...children's cartoon...where a child beats up another child and...does what I don't want to explain any further because Erik Larson.

And now ladies and gentlemen I present another episode of "What the fuck is wrong with Erik Larson theater"(be warned, its gross and weird):

AND NO-you are not mistaken, that was clearly a...children's cartoon...where a child beats up another child and...does what I don't want to explain any further because Erik Larson.
So, Savage Dragon is very much not aimed at children, so I would assume this parody isn't, either.

This honestly isn't surprising. Savage Dragon has a LONG history of squicky, controversial moments almost from the beginning. Google "Heavy Flo," for example.

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELL

Since today has just been a glut of garbage in every facet, here's a little gem. Kurt Busiek revealed that he and Carlos Pacheo are actually making more Arrowsmith comics. I've given Kurt grief about it on Twitter in the past and he's always said it's coming along slowly and now, PROOF! I love Arrowsmith. It's easily one of my favourite, at the time, one-off graphic novels I've ever read. I'm stoked for more.

Got Beautiful Darkness on a whim and read it the other day. Not sure how I feel about it. Loved the artwork, but there's something about the story that left me a little wanting. Just felt a little hollow I guess? There are some wonderful bits but they didn't really leave an impact. I dunno, maybe I just went in expecting too much since I saw some very positive reviews. Well, it's a quick read, I'll probably go through it again. I'd say it's at least worth checking out once.

Hey kids, remember when ComicsGaters were praising the success of one of their crowd funding campaigns?

Yeaaaaaah...this is what they got. They must be so proud.

Writing aside the art is questional too. The first panel makes no sense at all. A neck can't bend that way.

Random Superman headcanon...

The Big Blue Boy Scout through and through. And is proud of it.
He's the guy who brings the food to your BBQ. And flowers for your mother.
He loves Dad jokes.
If going to visit family is a hardship, He'll find you a way.
He loves baseball. And since the Byrne Man of Steel (by my own count), a Royals fan. The landfills of Kansas are full of smashed radios to prove it.

Random Superman headcanon...

The Big Blue Boy Scout through and through. And is proud of it.
He's the guy who brings the food to your BBQ. And flowers for your mother.
He loves Dad jokes.
If going to visit family is a hardship, He'll find you a way.
He loves baseball. And since the Byrne Man of Steel (by my own count), a Royals fan. The landfills of Kansas are full of smashed radios to prove it.
Isn't that canon already?

So I'm a little out of the loop with the current DC and Marvel comics. With all the reboots, restarts and big events that changes everything again, are there any current comics that are worth reading for basically a new reader without knowing all that what happens in detail just with the basic knowledge of the heroes?

So I'm a little out of the loop with the current DC and Marvel comics. With all the reboots, restarts and big events that changes everything again, are there any current comics that are worth reading for basically a new reader without knowing all that what happens in detail just with the basic knowledge of the heroes?
Several of them don't require foreknowledge, but will be cancelled soon so they can be rebooted again you can come in with zero foreknowledge.

I gave up.

Oddly enough, I haven't seen much chatter for must-read books from Marvel or DC these days. Not on level of Vision or something. There are books people are enjoying, but I don't see like, "Holy shit, literally EVERYONE loves this book." Closest is probably Tom King's recently wrapped up Miracle Man mini-series.

Actually, come to think of it, I haven't seen much chatter from any comic, even outside of DC or Marvel. Maybe I'm not looking that hard, but I haven't seen any particularly outstanding book talked about lately. Not on a level like Saga or something.

Oddly enough, I haven't seen much chatter for must-read books from Marvel or DC these days. Not on level of Vision or something. There are books people are enjoying, but I don't see like, "Holy shit, literally EVERYONE loves this book." Closest is probably Tom King's recently wrapped up Miracle Man mini-series.

Actually, come to think of it, I haven't seen much chatter from any comic, even outside of DC or Marvel. Maybe I'm not looking that hard, but I haven't seen any particularly outstanding book talked about lately. Not on a level like Saga or something.
Crowded is the most recent one I have seen getting buzz.

Apparently a sequel to "Batman: White Knight" is coming out in July...yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyaaaaaaaaaaaaaay?

Meanwhile I'm still waiting for a new "Green Lanterns" story after this "Justice League Odyssey" nonsense is over. Granted, JLO is an okay story but Green Lanterns had HEART dammit!

*CRICKETS* *CRICKETS*

AH-here I go, going across the wikis the weirdest Marvel Universe has to be the one where everybody's sex is the opposite, their alignment is the opposite, and their first and last names are essentially switched. I wouldn't mind if not for the good female Doc Ock's name being...Octavia Otto...even though I know Otto CAN be a last name, it still sounds weird.

*CRICKETS* *CRICKETS*

AH-here I go, going across the wikis the weirdest Marvel Universe has to be the one where everybody's sex is the opposite, their alignment is the opposite, and their first and last names are essentially switched. I wouldn't mind if not for the good female Doc Ock's name being...Octavia Otto...even though I know Otto CAN be a last name, it still sounds weird.
Um...

*CRICKETS* *CRICKETS*

I'd be more confused by Rogera Steves or Starkie Tony.