[Brazelton] R.I.P. Lemmy Kilmister, Motörhead frontman dead at 70

Dave

Staff member
Good lord that's a fast turnaround. I admire the man. Not the biggest fan of their music, but he's been a rocker for a long, long time. Put his body through hell.

First exposure to their music - MST3K's Zombie Nightmare.

Pretty good song in a horrible, horrible movie.

Also, fuck cancer.

You may think you've won this one MotherFucker. He's Lemmy Fuckin' Kilmister and he's coming for all your Tantric Rubik's Cubes.

Rest in peace, Lemmy, you crazy bastard. I bet he winds up ruling whatever afterlife he winds up in in about five minutes. With Ronnie James Dio as his long-suffering prime-minister trying to be the voice of reason.

According to Motorhead's facebook page, he learned he had cancer on Saturday, and died tonight.

FUCK CANCER.

He died of cancer?!

I would have thought his liver would have cough up out of his mouth and ran away to Las Vegas 20 years ago.

Unless it was liver cancer...[DOUBLEPOST=1451659837,1451659257][/DOUBLEPOST]
What gets me the most about this is all the people pretending they knew anything about Motorhead.

I'll be honest in saying, I really don't give two shits about Lemmy or Motorhead. Not my bag. I know he had a butt-ton of Nazi memorabilia and drank Jack Daniels everyday and I know Ace of Spades, but that's about it... I know they're considered one of the cornerstones of metal, but I was always more into epic metal (Blind Guardian, Iron Maiden, Dream Theater, Hammerfall). I never got into bands like Motorhead or King Diamond or Judas Priest. The only mainstream metal I liked was Metallica, AC/DC, Ozzy, 80's hair metal etc...

I'll be honest in saying, I really don't give two shits about Lemmy or Motorhead. Not my bag. I know he had a butt-ton of Nazi memorabilia and drank Jack Daniels everyday and I know Ace of Spades, but that's about it... I know they're considered one of the cornerstones of metal, but I was always more into epic metal (Blind Guardian, Iron Maiden, Dream Theater, Hammerfall). I never got into bands like Motorhead or King Diamond or Judas Priest. The only mainstream metal I liked was Metallica, AC/DC, Ozzy, 80's hair metal etc...
Before that, he was prog. There's this from his days in Hawkwind.