[Question] Quibids

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave

Staff member
Don't. If I remember correctly, you get charged per BID, not for what you win. And they are RUMORED (unconfirmed, just what I've heard) to bid up stuff to get these fees. They advertise that you can get stuff cheap but that's pretty much only one thing every now and again.

My advice: Stay away.

Dave

Staff member
By the way, each BID costs $.60 whether you win or lose. And you can't snipe because the timer resets to 20 each time someone bids. So if you and another person gets into a bidding war and you each bid 10 times, you are spending $6 even if you lose.[DOUBLEPOST=1368802832][/DOUBLEPOST]Ha! I was just going to post that link!

So a $300 item sells for $100. The bids only go up a penny at a time. 100x100=10,000 bids times $0.60 = $6000 dollars + 100 for the winning bid.

Dave

Staff member
So a $300 item sells for $100. The bids only go up a penny at a time. 100x100=10,000 bids times $0.60 = $6000 dollars + 100 for the winning bid.
Yup. Quibids wins no matter who else does. But it's just like gambling for the users.

I don't mind paying to bid. I think people make fool bids on eBay and the price is inflated. What bothers me is needing to buy 100 bids up front. Seems sketchy.

Status
Not open for further replies.