PvP 08/09/09 - Recipe for Disaster

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Kitty Sinatra

"Croc Pot" sounds like it should be the name of the dude's culinary institute

It's really sad...

In the past, I loved PvP... I more often than not could stop laughing when I read the strip...

But as of late (let's say... the marriage-story-arc...), the most I get out of the strip is a grin. If anything at all...

guess it's time to move on and delete PvP from my bookmarks... *sniff*

Dave

Staff member
I thought the art for the Croc was well done. I don't care much for the LolBat, but this one made me smile.

I do like PVP but I really laugh at it. I usually chuckle and that's about it but i still enjoy reading it.

It's really sad...

In the past, I loved PvP... I more often than not could stop laughing when I read the strip...

But as of late (let's say... the marriage-story-arc...), the most I get out of the strip is a grin. If anything at all...

guess it's time to move on and delete PvP from my bookmarks... *sniff*
^This, except I won't delete the bookmark. It's not that I still hold out hope, but the most enjoyment I get from PvP anymore is when it's picked apart here in the forum, like this:

Crocodiles can't cry! He's crying in the last panel!

KUUUUUUUUUUUURTZ!!!
Crocodile tears?

Oh the 'lolz'![/QUOTE]

Kurtz is a hack!!!

(sorry, 'just had to be said)[/QUOTE]

http://halforums.wikidot.com/fuck-you-guys-its-funny
[/QUOTE]

And for that, I will keep reading, just so I'm not missing the joke

figmentPez

Staff member
FYGIF!! I still enjoy PvP. I've never really laughed out loud at it...but I still enjoy it.
Enjoy it while you can. Kurtz has teh swine flu! He caught it at PAX! Kurtz is a hack-ing up a lung about now, and the fever may fry the last bit of funny out of his brain!

On a more serious note, I hope Scott gets well soon.

I think that the problem is that Kurtz's art no longer works for me. The joke is well thought out (maybe a little too well to work) but the art is a let down. Don't get me wrong: it looks GOOD but the art style doesn't fit the medium! Kurtz has improved his art to a level where it's more fitting for a drama comic than for comedy, which requires goofy expressions, poses, look and style and I fear that he's crossed the line of how effective his art is to convey his jokes.

PVP guest strip

The guest strip by Southworth was hilarious. I'm not huge on LOLBAT which I think helps.

It's also just good to see him doing a comic again. Isn't he supposed to be somewhere else doing a semi-regular comic? I forget where that is.

Cajungal

Staff member
Didn't like the croc pot strip much, although that character reminds me of every other souvenir tshirt you can buy down here.

PVP guest strip

The guest strip by Southworth was hilarious. I'm not huge on LOLBAT which I think helps.

It's also just good to see him doing a comic again. Isn't he supposed to be somewhere else doing a semi-regular comic? I forget where that is.
It's the first LOLBAT strip that I have found to be even remotely funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.