Post your headcanons here

Krypton didn't explode. Kal-El was sent to Earth along the same lines as giving small pox infected blankets to the Native Americans.

You know, actually, the headcanon of Anakin using the Force to manipulate Padme into loving him explains a lot. Why else would her expressions of love be so facile, so clingy, childish, and awkward? Because they were the result of mental influence by an immature obsessive kid who'd lost all the people who ever cared about him and never learned how to form healthy relationships. It had probably started off subconsciously on Anakin's part, but as his need grew more intense, his Will began to crush Padme's actual personality. And when he snapped and attacked her, there wasn't enough left of her psyche afterward to hold together - no wonder she collapsed like a puppet with the strings cut.

You know, actually, the headcanon of Anakin using the Force to manipulate Padme into loving him explains a lot. Why else would her expressions of love be so facile, so clingy, childish, and awkward? Because they were the result of mental influence by an immature obsessive kid who'd lost all the people who ever cared about him and never learned how to form healthy relationships. It had probably started off subconsciously on Anakin's part, but as his need grew more intense, his Will began to crush Padme's actual personality. And when he snapped and attacked her, there wasn't enough left of her psyche afterward to hold together - no wonder she collapsed like a puppet with the strings cut.
That... actually makes a lot of sense. We know that Anakin is capable of using the Force subconsciously or unconsciously, because he was using it to podrace before he'd even learned what the Force was. And we know that in the time between Episodes 1 and 2, Anakin was thinking about Padme obsessively. So as soon as she sees him in Episode 2, he does this unconscious Jedi mind trick, and Padme falls.

One problem I thought this theory had was that such a use of the Force would eventually be picked up by other Jedi, such as Obi-Wan or Yoda. But then I remembered that Sidious was using his Dark Side influence to hamper the Jedi's sensitivity towards the Force. That would explain why none of the other Jedi could feel Anakin's mind trick.

Why else would her expressions of love be so facile, so clingy, childish, and awkward? Because they were the result of mental influence by an immature obsessive kid who'd lost all the people who ever cared about him and never learned how to form healthy relationships.
I think you're being a little harsh on George Lucas.

That... actually makes a lot of sense. We know that Anakin is capable of using the Force subconsciously or unconsciously, because he was using it to podrace before he'd even learned what the Force was. And we know that in the time between Episodes 1 and 2, Anakin was thinking about Padme obsessively. So as soon as she sees him in Episode 2, he does this unconscious Jedi mind trick, and Padme falls.

One problem I thought this theory had was that such a use of the Force would eventually be picked up by other Jedi, such as Obi-Wan or Yoda. But then I remembered that Sidious was using his Dark Side influence to hamper the Jedi's sensitivity towards the Force. That would explain why none of the other Jedi could feel Anakin's mind trick.
Force Use in and of itself might be detectable, but not necessarily what one is doing with it. And if Anakin wasn't projecting fear, anger, or hate - the roots of the Dark Side - there wouldn't be anything to immediately raise any flags, either.

fade

Staff member
I've posted my headcanons about Star Wars before but here goes again:

The Sith are not evil. They're just unconstrained. Palpatine is an evil, manipulative person, but the Sith as a whole aren't. Even Palpatine isn't wholly evil. He genuinely cares for Anakin, as shown when he kneels concernedly next to his injured body.

But the prophecy was about Luke. He brings balance to the Force not by beating Vader and Palpatine, but by reconciling the Jedi and Sith. Luke fights the good fight, but he also does not ignore his emotion. This is a goal that Luke's entire Jedi lineage has been working for for some time. Qui-Gon is rebellious and not unemotional. Obi-Wan is traditional, but allows himself to experience emotion. Strong emotions, even, as seen when he confronts the newly minted Vader. He tells Luke that his emotions do him credit, despite the Jedi traditions. In the end, it's Luke's love for his father that breaks Palpatine's hold over them both.

I know this goes against a good deal of the EU, but that's part of the reason I never liked a of it. It violates my headcanon.

I feel like that is (sort of) established in SW:TOR. I mean, in the sense that you could be Jedi/Sith, but it was your actions that chose light/dark side, not your philosophy. Such a fun game while leveling. :/

GasBandit

Staff member
I feel like that is (sort of) established in SW:TOR. I mean, in the sense that you could be Jedi/Sith, but it was your actions that chose light/dark side, not your philosophy. Such a fun game while leveling. :/
That opens the sticky wicket of how much are video games canon? For instance, is there really such a thing as a TIE Defender?

That opens the sticky wicket of how much are video games canon? For instance, is there really such a thing as a TIE Defender?
It's been included in several novels, though that's probably because of Michael Stackpole - TIE Defenders definitely show up in the Rogue Squadron novels and I, Jedi. I generally liked the Rogue Squadron series, which was quite a feat because I thought the protagonist, Corran Horn, was a smug fucking prick - on numerous occasions he bluntly tells Luke Skywalker, Wedge Antilles, and Han Solo what they're doing wrong, because he knows better than they do about whatever is at hand. Aaron Allston's Wraith Squadron novels are considerably better.

That being said, I generally consider anything written by Troy Denning to be non-canon. Invincible, in particular, is just a mean-spirited piece of fan-fiction. Rumor has it that LFL actually tried to have it massively revised by another author working on the Legacy of the Force series, but the other author refused to touch it. And then there's his weird fetish for amputations, mutilation, torture, and weird sex.

Last edited:
Under the old system, story elements were canon, game mechanics were not. Of course, with the new system that doesn't matter, since unless it's been made post-merger (with the exception of the Clone Wars TV series) or is specifically brought in at a later point, it's out.

EDIT: Huh, I guess that makes the old EU my headcanon now.

The Sith are not evil. They're just unconstrained. Palpatine is an evil, manipulative person, but the Sith as a whole aren't. Even Palpatine isn't wholly evil. He genuinely cares for Anakin, as shown when he kneels concernedly next to his injured body.

But the prophecy was about Luke. He brings balance to the Force not by beating Vader and Palpatine, but by reconciling the Jedi and Sith. Luke fights the good fight, but he also does not ignore his emotion. This is a goal that Luke's entire Jedi lineage has been working for for some time. Qui-Gon is rebellious and not unemotional. Obi-Wan is traditional, but allows himself to experience emotion. Strong emotions, even, as seen when he confronts the newly minted Vader. He tells Luke that his emotions do him credit, despite the Jedi traditions. In the end, it's Luke's love for his father that breaks Palpatine's hold over them both.

I know this goes against a good deal of the EU, but that's part of the reason I never liked a of it. It violates my headcanon.
The way I see it, "bringing balance" to the Force refers to returning the Force to a tranquil, peaceful state. Sort of like a scale being in balance, or a completely still and placid lake. The Sith actively and aggressively grab the Force and bend it to their will, thus disturbing the balance. The Jedi, in contrast, allow the Force to flow through them naturally, retaining its peaceful and balanced nature.

Restoring balance to the Force involved destroying the Sith, because they were throwing the balance out of whack.

I also felt that the epilogue did not contribute anything useful.
I still haven't read the story to find out how badly they mangled it.

--Patrick

I think it did. It fulfilled David's purpose. He loved and was loved in return. What the hell happens to poor Teddy? The advanced Mecha also have developed a form of alternate dimensional timetravel. They send Teddy back in time to the early 21st century under the guise that he comes to live because of a little boy's wish. That's right. Teddy = Ted.

Why didn't the fellowship just use the Eagles to fly to Mordor?

They were going to! Gandalf secretly collaborated with the Eagles prior to the establishment of the Fellowship, when he was saved from Saruman's tower. In order for the plan to work and not fail per the Eagles being intercepted by Nazul or orc arrow, Gandalf could tell absolutely no one until the last moment. His plan was to head north after passing through Moria (originally pass of Caradharas - the northern most mountain) and meet up with the Eagles. The Fellowship at that point may have split up as to throw off any spies. The group with the ring would have flow into Mordor from the east side.

That plan went to absolute shit when Gandalf fell in Moria. He tried to convey his plan cryptically right before he fell. "Fly, you fools".

Last edited:
I think it did. It fulfilled David's purpose. He loved and was loved in return.
This is true, but the folks make it clear that this is something that will last for just the day. She doesn't know any better, she's essentially just a construct and doesn't know how much the world outside has changed. David wakes up the next day and he'll be right back to where he was. So for the remainder of Eternity, he'll be left unfulfilled. That there's a massive tragedy.

--Patrick

Bullet Bills and the cannon balls actually move at normal rates, it just looks slow from our perspectives because Mario has super fast reflexes.

Warhammer 40K headcanon:

The God-Emperor of Mankind got the idea for Space Marines from Captain America. Steve Rogers was the first Ultramarine.

The Earth has been infested multiple times with parasites. Trilobites, dinosaurs, etc. Each one has been successfully eradicated. But now the Earth has "caught" humans, which have resisted all attempts to eradicate them so far, and it shows signs of spreading. The rest of the Universe decides to quarantine our solar system so that the infection will be unable to spread.

This is the explanation for the fact that all galaxies/etc. all appear to be moving away from us at an ever-accelerating rate.

--Patrick

But all the galaxies are moving away from each other, too.

Conclusion: The universe is one antisocial place.

The Earth has been infested multiple times with parasites. Trilobites, dinosaurs, etc. Each one has been successfully eradicated. But now the Earth has "caught" humans, which have resisted all attempts to eradicate them so far, and it shows signs of spreading. The rest of the Universe decides to quarantine our solar system so that the infection will be unable to spread.

This is the explanation for the fact that all galaxies/etc. all appear to be moving away from us at an ever-accelerating rate.

--Patrick

Not all of them. There are quite a few that are gravitationally bound together. The Andromeda galaxy is actually going to crash into the Milky Way in a few billion years.

Going by the new definition of headcanon, the movie A.I. ended at the bottom of the ocean.
I actually viewed everything after the bottom of the ocean to be the robot kid (I can't even be bothered to remember his name) dying. The whole movie kind of deals with the idea that these artificial being may actually have souls. This was his afterlife.[DOUBLEPOST=1412602230,1412602042][/DOUBLEPOST]

I think I posted that earlier. I don't even think it's head canon, I think that the fact that the prophecy was misinterpreted was very intentional and that it was always supposed to be Luke who was the one who brought balance to the force.

Also, the EU stuff with the Sith also gets messy because in some versions, Sith is a race, not a title.

Last edited: