Post a picture of your workspace

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am a bit bored today so I thought it may be a bit fun if we posted some pictures of our cubes/desks/workspace/etc.

Outside my cube

When you first step inside

Corner of my cube (I use this area to plug peoples systems into so I can work on them)

Other side of my cube

GasBandit

Staff member
Alright, I'm game, I suppose.

Looking into my office from the hallway door
IMG_20130415_132134.jpg

The view from my seat to the opposite corner

IMG_20130415_131953.jpg

From that opposite corner to my seat.

IMG_20130415_132034.jpg

Funny that both Hylian and I have a "corner for working on other people's systems" (the system currently being worked on is the open one with the purple desktop on the monitor) but the decor and tidyness are basically complete polar opposites.

Corner of my cube. Important notes and such.
cube dec l.jpg
Middle of my cube wall, I love this show greatly. My friend bought me the poster for Christmas. Might as well tag Charlie Don't Surf since he's with me that this is the best thing on TV right now.
cube dec m justified poster.jpg
Rest of my boss cube.
cube dec r.jpg
The view from my chair
cubedesk.jpg
Made this one day while bored:
napkin1.jpg
When turned over it says
napkin2.jpg

Charlie Don't Surf, yes that is how my cube looks.

I would replace a few of the items there with less kiddy looking stuff but I would prefer not to bring stuff that has a high chance of being broken by a coworker or something plus I like it the way it is.

Shannow

Staff member
God, if you worked for me, that shit would not fly...at all. Just saying. You know, professionalism and what not.

Well thankfully I don't work for you and I will have you know I am very professional at work and I always do a great job. In fact I have been with the same company for over 5 years.

When I worked in a cube, I kept it rather spartan. I think I might have had a marvel themed calendar, but other than that I didn't really care what the walls looked like.

I'm sure Hylian's workstation works out fine for him, but to me it would just be distracting. Different preferences and all that.

I'm sure Hylian's workstation works out fine for him, but to me it would just be distracting. Different preferences and all that.
Not only that, but I'm sure if his employer felt it was unprofessional, disruptive to Hylian's job performance, or against company policy he wouldn't be able to have those things in his cubicle. Whomever he works for is obviously ok with it, too.

GasBandit

Staff member
God, if you worked for me, that shit would not fly...at all. Just saying. You know, professionalism and what not.
Obviously you don't employ many I.T. professionals. I haven't met a one who didn't have "unprofessional" workspace oddities.

Shannow

Staff member
Obviously you don't employ many I.T. professionals. I haven't met a one who didn't have "unprofessional" workspace oddities.

I work with many, all day, actually. Things are kept up and in nice shape. Some quirks and things, but nothing like that monstrosity in the OP. Yes, his employer allows it, and thats all good. I know I would not though, nor would my place of current employment. That is all I am saying.

GasBandit

Staff member
I work with many, all day, actually. Things are kept up and in nice shape. Some quirks and things, but nothing like that monstrosity in the OP. Yes, his employer allows it, and thats all good. I know I would not though, nor would my place of current employment. That is all I am saying.
Work with, not employ, I am reading. Who knows what wierdness lurks in your coworkers that only your boss knows and tolerates because they keep his outlook delivering?

I'm not trying to make fun or anything. That is just more plushies than I've seen in every cubicle in my life combined.

I am a bit bored today so I thought it may be a bit fun if we posted some pictures of our cubes/desks/workspace/etc.

Outside my cube

When you first step inside

Corner of my cube (I use this area to plug peoples systems into so I can work on them)

Other side of my cube

You have the happiest and cutest desk ever! I love it!

I admit there are quite a few stuffed animals/plushies and if my boss or anyone of my coworkers made a complaint I would take them down. Luckily no one has done so yet and in fact I have seen cubes that were even less "professional". They may have had less stuffed animals but they had other oddities like a huge row of empty Sriracha bottles or other weird things like that. As far as being any kind of safety violation none of my stuff is blocking any exits and it not plugged in or anything so they are not violating any safety regulations.

My office has quite a few kid/family and cats pictures. I have a few pictures on my wall that my daughter made for me in addition to my diplomas. Before when I was in my cube I might have also had some pictures of Mr. Depp and Mr. Pitt :)

GasBandit

Staff member
As far as being any kind of safety violation none of my stuff is blocking any exits and it not plugged in or anything so they are not violating any safety regulations.
And you probably have less fabric in there than I have paper and cardboard in mine, anywho. Also, I have wall to wall and floor to ceiling carpet, sooooooooo..... foom.

I just don't know how you get anything done. So many distractions! So many things to play with!

Anyway, I would post mine, but I don't think the school would appreciate it.

I just don't know how you get anything done. So many distractions! So many things to play with!

Anyway, I would post mine, but I don't think the school would appreciate it.
I've worked in enough places to know that if I had more than one plush animal I would have to start my day putting them back from the compromising position someone else placed them in overnight.

I've worked in enough places to know that if I had more than one plush animal I would have to start my day putting them back from the compromising position someone else placed them in overnight.

I have had to do that quite a few times :D

I knew from the moment of the first post that a Chaz like comment was going to be made. Charlie and Shannow didn't disappoint.

Status
Not open for further replies.