Plants vs Zombies HD (ipad) I have a question

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chibibar

I got my wife an iPad and she download Plants vs Zombies HD (for iPad) and loving it. The question is that, what is the point of the Bacon? it cost $500 but I search the web via google and can't find what the heck the bacon DO (bought at least 10-15 so far)

I try searching Plants vs Zombies HD bacon (HD is the version for iPad) there is a PC version and iPhone version.

Can someone with a better search-fu help me solve the mystery of the bacon?

Thanks.

C

Chibibar

Bacon??? I haven't seen any bacon in the version on the MAc and iPod Touch...
It is on iPad after you purchase the 9 slot. I haven't gotten far on the PC side (so many games to play) but my wife finish the story and discover the bacon. It cost like 500$ a piece and Crazy Dave keeps going "Mmmmm Bacon!" I am hoping it will unlock something since we drop 20k on that. that is like 40 bacon!

C

Chibibar

Must be an iPad-specific thing. Can you bring it home?

--Patrick
What do you mean? I don't have an "inventory" per se. I don't see any progress bar or achievement yet. I just have all my plants and nothing in the almanac. I try to google it, but no luck.

Dave

Staff member
Things Crazy Dave sells (from the P&Z wiki):

• Extra Seed Slot (number 7) - $750 (can be purchased earlier if the player has enough money at the end of a level)
  • Extra Seed Slot (number 8) - $5,000 (can be purchased earlier if the player has enough money at the end of a level and the previous seed slot has been purchased)
  • Extra Seed Slot (number 9) - $20,000 (can be purchased earlier if the player has enough money at the end of a level and the previous seed slot has been purchased)
  • Extra Seed Slot (number 10) - $80,000 (can be purchased earlier if the player has enough money at the end of a level and the previous seed slot has been purchased)
  • Pool Cleaner (last line of defense for your Pool) - $1,000
  • Garden Rake (semi-reusable lawn defense) - $200
  • Roof Cleaner (last line of defense for your Roof) - $3,000
  • Gatling Pea (Upgrade of the Repeater) - $5,000
  • Twin Sunflower (Upgrade of the Sunflower) - $5,000
  • Gloom-shroom (Upgrade of the Fume-shroom) - $7,500
  • Cattail (Upgrade of the Lily Pad) - $10,000
  • Spikerock (Upgrade of the Spikeweed) - $7,500
  • Gold Magnet (Upgrade of the Magnet-shroom) - $3,000
  • Winter Melon (Upgrade of the Melon-pult) - $10,000
  • Cob Cannon (Upgrade of the Kernel-pult) - $20,000
  • Imitater (Allows you to have two of the same seed during a level) - $30,000
  • Wall-nut First Aid (Allows you to replace Wall-nuts, Tall-nuts and Pumpkins without digging them up first) - $2,000
  • Marigold Sprout (You can purchase up to 3 of these every calendar day to place in your Zen Garden) - $2,500
  • Golden Watering Can (Allows you to water up to four plants at a time) - $10,000
  • Fertilizer (Necessary to grow plants to full size) - $750 for 5, max of 20 can be purchased at one time
  • Bug Spray (Necessary for happy plants) - $1,000 for 5, max of 20 can be purchased at one time
  • Phonograph (Necessary for happy plants) - $15,000
  • Gardening Glove (Allows you to move plants around in the Zen Garden) - $1,000
  • Mushroom Garden (Allows you to care for and mature Mushrooms) - $30,000
  • Aquarium Garden (Allows you to care for and mature Aquatic Plants) - $30,000
  • Wheel Barrow (Allows you to move your plants from one Zen Garden to another) - $200
  • Stinky the Snail (Collects coins for you in the main Zen Garden) - $3,000
  • Tree of Wisdom (Grow the tree to learn valuable secrets about the game) - $10,000
  • Tree Food (Necessary to grow the Tree of Wisdom) - $2,500, max of 10 can be purchased at one time
Note the lack of Bacon.

Mmmmmm bacon!

C

Chibibar

Yea. that is the PC version only too. About 50% of the items are not available for the iPad and less on the iPhone.

(no Zen Garden for ipad/iphone)
you can purchase upto 9 slot on iPhone and iPad, but iPad you can buy Bacon for 500$ a piece (which is weird) and seems unlimited.

D

Dusty668

Try dropping it on a zombie, maybe it's a distractor or slowing agent like the winter melons?

C

Chibibar

Try dropping it on a zombie, maybe it's a distractor or slowing agent like the winter melons?
It is not in the plant inventory. That is the odd part. So I thought it might lead to something like 10th slot (like the PC) but I can't find any info on the net on this. It has been out since March I figure people would have documented (since it is a popular game and some over 300k copies so far for iPad)

D

Dusty668

I don't know enough about the iPad game interface to guess further then. Without the garden once you get the plant inventory filled then your coins won't do much but buy bacon though, from what I've heard. Maybe Dave gives you something when you get enough of it.

figmentPez

Staff member
Try shaking the iPad/bacon around. See if a crazy old guy pops out of your ear and gives you advice on the enemies you're facing.

Status
Not open for further replies.