[Question] Photoshop question.

Dave

Staff member
How easy is it to turn a picture from day to night? I have a friend who wants me to take some photos of "night scenes" around Omaha, but some of the places I'd like to go would not be too smart to do at night. If I did them during the day could they be easily changed to reflect how they'd look at night?

GasBandit

Staff member
I'm only a photoshop amateur, but that'd probably be beyond my ability. The shadows and colors would be totally different at night than they are during the day.

But then there's this guy.

Dave

Staff member
My friend the author (Mark Everett Stone) has a book that will be called "Omaha Stakes", and the picture I'll be taking will probably end up as the template for the cover. Which is interesting because I came up with the title and I'm apparently a character in the book using my real name! Bastard will probably kill me off. He already blew up my house in one of his other books.

My friend the author (Mark Everett Stone) has a book that will be called "Omaha Stakes", and the picture I'll be taking will probably end up as the template for the cover. Which is interesting because I came up with the title and I'm apparently a character in the book using my real name! Bastard will probably kill me off. He already blew up my house in one of his other books.
This is totally off-the-cuff, but you might try playing with the "exposure" and "color temperature" sliders to see if they can at least get you started. It's what they did in Twister...grossly overexpose the film to make normal daylight seem like twilight/storm-darkened. Item-specific stuff would be harder, dodging the streetlights to "amp them up," for instance.

--Patrick

Screaming Orgasm as well. If it didn't exist already, I'd say this would make it the most obvious cocktail name from the whole list.

Screaming Orgasm as well. If it didn't exist already, I'd say this would make it the most obvious cocktail name from the whole list.
???
Perhaps you wanted a different thread?
...unless you wanted us to 'shop you up something representative?

--Patrick

Dave

Staff member
Nice! Hey @BananaHands! Ready for some fun in Omaha? We're going to take a tour of downtown, go to a couple bars, and take some pictures in the historic Old Market.