PETA does something right

Status
Not open for further replies.

GasBandit

Staff member
Old news to you maybe, but new to me - Online "whack a mole" clone called "Breasts, not animal tests!" Click the boobies! Don't click, well, anything else.

Of course, the CAUSE behind the game is their usual bat-crap-craziness.

My high score, at work, with people talking to me and being none the wiser of what I was doing -

They do something right except for that final screen. I don't care what those animals have to go through if it means fewer people suffer and die from breast cancer.

Cajungal

Staff member
:rofl:

-- Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:19 pm --

Yeah, seems like kind of a mixed message.

Breast cancer awareness!... but don't support the testing that will probably help people. I wish we still had the "confused" face.

This made me think of something I wanted to ask.

Has anyone on here been to a big factory chicken farm?

The girl I was seeing is a vegetarian and a PETA supporter (I should have know that meant she was batshit crazy from the get go but it took me longer to figure that out) and is studying to become a Veterinarian, well she had to visit a chicken farm for a class and she talked about how they sear their beaks off when they are young so they can't peck each other to death, and I have seen this on other PETA sites and shit. But how can they do that without causing the animal to go into shock and causing it to most likely die? I haven't been to big factory farms but some of my family live on farms and I have been to the chicken coop and they all still have their beaks so I dunno. So I was wondering if anyone has been to one and can tell me if shes just full of shit and saying bullshit because of PETA.

Wow. That is the most tasteless website I've seen in a long time, and I've seen some tasteless stuff in my time. The hypocrisy is just... mindblowing.

With regards to HoboNinja, there is some real cruel stuff done to animals. There is no denying it. Factory farming, by and large, is a terrible terrible thing. You'd be surprised at just how many chickens do die - but it doesn't take much to figure out why they're so cheap to buy at the supermarket.

Some farmers - in fact, quite a lot at the moment - are wising up to the idea that people want good food that's been well reared. However the supermarkets know that the same people are turned away by high prices. Its an interesting battle.

PETA have it wrong, largely because they have painted themselves into the extremist corner. There is some very nasty stuff done in the name of food and science. Some of it is justifiable, some of it isn't. Unfortunately PETA don't draw that line. They use the same brush to tar the Huntingdon Life Sciences folk who were filmed beating dogs as they do for people who go fishing.

However - the animal testing ground is very, very shady territory because some work done on animals isn't transferrable to humans.

Allen said:
I liked the part where you clicked on breasts. That was good times. The nice part is you could play it one handed, but I only lasted for 30 seconds.
There are 2 distinct ways to read this post: :Leyla: or :pud:

Philosopher B. said:
Hehe.

Gusto said:
Cajungal said:
I wish we still had the "confused" face.
Seriously.
x3
x4.

And yeah, there was this slight problem a hile ago with the bird flu - bird transports were illegal for a couple of weeks, and the industrial chicken farmers were protesting...Because their chickens were *exploding*. Now, I don't know what you need to feed a chicken to rear it, butr I have a slight feeling that, give normal conditions, chickens won't spontanuously explode of their own free will. :confused:

You're kidding, right? It's a chicken's last self-defense mechanism. They make excellent shrapnel grenades with all those little bones inside of them.

W

WolfOfOdin

Bubble181 said:
Philosopher B. said:
Hehe.

Gusto said:
Cajungal said:
Seriously.
x3
x4.

And yeah, there was this slight problem a hile ago with the bird flu - bird transports were illegal for a couple of weeks, and the industrial chicken farmers were protesting...Because their chickens were *exploding*. Now, I don't know what you need to feed a chicken to rear it, butr I have a slight feeling that, give normal conditions, chickens won't spontanuously explode of their own free will. :confused:
It's because they're so full of flavor

Bubble181 said:
chickens won't spontanuously explode of their own free will. :confused:
Ever hear of free-range chickens? Free-will chickens were the next logical step. They can choose to explode if they wish.

Bubble181 said:
Philosopher B. said:
Hehe.

Gusto said:
Cajungal said:
Seriously.
x3
x4.

It makes me want to find a screenshot of the old Lemmings game with the mouse cursor over the "explode all" button and insert a this picture where the game screen would be.

280000 something. for some reason, i guess opera doesn't like showing the high score at the end.

this game was mind numbingly boring, and pointless as hell. it has been about 3 minutes since i played it and i can honestly say i dont remember what it was protesting against.

Status
Not open for further replies.