Pet Peeve rants.

W

Wasabi Poptart

I'm not a fan of the word 'prego'. That is spaghetti sauce and I will not be using that word when I'm pregnant.
Maybe I will make a facebook photo album named "Prego Photos" and post pics of bottle of sauce, though.
My idiot brother, while I was watching the Academy Awards, announced "She's preggers!" when Natalie Portman came on stage. I wanted to punch him.
YES! I can't stand the cutesy crap. Hubby and hubster drive me up a wall, too.

When people use Numbers instead of letters in their MMO Avatar (example: ic3 Wolf, N8t man).Drives me up the fucking wall.

J

Jiarn

I'm not a fan of the word 'prego'. That is spaghetti sauce and I will not be using that word when I'm pregnant.
Maybe I will make a facebook photo album named "Prego Photos" and post pics of bottle of sauce, though.
It's used as a term of endearment in our household. Just something we've used for everyone we love who's had a child. I can't imagine it being used to annoy. How is it usually worded around you?

When people use Numbers instead of letters in their MMO Avatar (example: ic3 Wolf, N8t man).Drives me up the fucking wall.
Or the 30,000 versions of "Seffirawth"

M

makare

I'm with Heatherling any use of the word prego or preggers I generally feel is tacky and annoying.

M

makare

When someone is pregnant I just say "she's pregnant" but the only terms that annoy me are preggo/preggers and knocked up. It's like being in a crappy teen movie.

M

makare

How do y'all feel about "bun in the oven?"

My peeve is people that flip out over terms of endearment and slang.
If you are implying that I am flipping out I don't think that's how a pet peeve works. They are more eye rolling than flipping out.

Threatening to punch someone in the arm for saying preggers... there are other posts here that are flip out material.

You're not the only one in this thread.

J

Jiarn

I have no idea how that post connects in any way to sixpackshaker's....

M

makare

The wishful thinking thing? I am saying it is wishful thinking that you could be allowed to punch someone in the arm for doing or saying something that annoys you. We can't really. Not even in kindergarten.

M

makare

A friendly punch isn't really the same as an "I'm pissed off and hate you" punch.

Which leads to my new pet peeve, people who act intentionally dense.

J

Jiarn

I'm completely lost by your train of thought makare, I'm not the only one...

M

makare

Preggo is an annoying term.
If someone wants to beat someone up because something annoys them it is probably more than a pet peeve.
Punching a friend in the arm in jest or in fun is not the same as wanting to actual cause them harm out of anger or extreme annoyance.

How's that? Pretty much a summary of the last page.

Half an hour ago, you claimed that pet peeves were annoyances worthy of an eyeroll.

Now you seem to be implying that you can't hit the person who perpetrates them, despite the fact you're "pissed off and hate them."

Hate's just a pretty strong term for someone who makes you roll your eyes.

Look, I would never actually punch anyone over a word. If I was willing to, then I would have actually punched him. It was hyperbole! I suppose I could have said "I find the term 'preggers' particularly annoying" but I think that my way was more colourful, and conveyed the same sentiment, with an exagerration for impact. I'm not saying I'm a poet, but I didn't think my post would be seen as a literal threat against people who have their share of cutesy terms for pregnant.

Man. Being misinterpreted makes me want to kick a kitten.

M

makare

Half an hour ago, you claimed that pet peeves were annoyances worthy of an eyeroll.

Now you seem to be implying that you can't hit the person who perpetrates them, despite the fact you're "pissed off and hate them."

Hate's just a pretty strong term for someone who makes you roll your eyes.
And those pissed off and hate you people would be well beyond a pet peeve.

FFS.

Well pet peeves are minor annoyances that really make you angry.

The person that has a screaming fit over an "up" toilet seat. Is some one with a pet peeve. It's minor and inconsequential, but the person gets angry anyway.

And I hold an anger for people that get angry over trivial events.

M

makare

To me pet peeves are just things that merely annoy me and so I bitch about them. Things that make me angry go under the "things that make me angry" header.

Things that make me angry AND annoy me are thankfully few.