Pet Peeve rants.

P

Philosopher B.

When Mark Zuckerberg got the note that read 'U dick' I immediately thought, 'Yeah, but I bet he can spell out Y-O-U. Who's the dick now, huh?'

my sister texts cum instead of come. So i get these texts "I m cumming" "r u cumming?"

Disowning time.
Is the word tasty okay?
I know what Satan would say.

Satan said:
Check this riff, it's fuckin' tasty!

Man, language is a fascinating thing isn't it? The way it changes, for better or worse, is just so interesting.
True that. Language is fuckin' crazy!

Somehow I don't think the school administration would look kindly upon a policy of termination in the sophomore English class. Though I have to admit, people failing simple things like not understanding the difference between "he's" and "his" or saying "brother guitar" when talking about their brother's guitar can get a bit irksome.
Well, I mean, if English is your second language, don't be doing the killing thing. Maybe the occasional backhand.

Also, I don't how this post got this long-looking. Is the formatting on this weird or something?

M

makare

Oh yeah pet peeve stuff that sounds like baby talk. I hate it when wives use the term hubby. I HATE IT. It sounds infantile.

W

Wasabi Poptart

I hate it when people give me parenting advice when I haven't asked for it.

I hate it when people give me parenting advice when I haven't asked for it.
Yeah, while not the same thing I hate it when people give me advice about my business when I haven't asked for it. Especially when it's clear they have zero concept of what I do or how I do it. Always fun.

Tasty doesn't bug me. I don't even really know why yummy does. At any rate, it's not enough to wreck my day. :p

Yummy bothers me because it's a child's word. It's a word used by children to describe their food. If you're an adult, goddamn it, use adult language to describe your food!

I hate it when people draw out long intricate revenge plots for convicted felons, and or people on trial for heinous crimes. Example: child murderer is on trial, and someone brings up the news story coverage. "Oh man, they should skin that guy alive and hang him upside-down by his pinkie toes while the other convicts take turns fucking his eye sockets and pissing in his mouth."

Or the grand ol' "I'd do this and that to the person if you locked me in the same room with them."

Revenge fantasies are annoying.

I know where you are coming from, but I just think it is a gut reaction to hearing about something horrible.

When I see that on Yahoo! I tend to reply to those people that violent revenge is not a very Christian response. Then watch them fly into a rage for doubting their religious beliefs.

I hate it when people draw out long intricate revenge plots for convicted felons, and or people on trial for heinous crimes. Example: child murderer is on trial, and someone brings up the news story coverage. "Oh man, they should skin that guy alive and hang him upside-down by his pinkie toes while the other convicts take turns fucking his eye sockets and pissing in his mouth."

Or the grand ol' "I'd do this and that to the person if you locked me in the same room with them."

Revenge fantasies are annoying.

^ I really do not like these people. I remember actually slapping someone who went on one of those ramblings.

But not so much when it is an internet nobody, making threats about a negligent parent...
Context is king. The PA strip is funny because it is both well-written randomness and an ironically over-the-top reaction to a small issue. Random internet douchebags making sloppy threats for serious crimes is not funny in any way. I totally agree with Mathias that it is incredibly annoying, and I think the PA strip works because it plays into that.

At work: Frickin' chit-chatters. I don't care that your cousin had a baby!! No, I am not political -- take your rant about Obama/Tea Party elsewhere. Yes, I get it, our boss is inept. Please leave me alone. --- I just want to go to work. Do my work. Go home.

On the road: Just about everything. I am not a very forgiving driver. The worst: Slow drivers in the fast lane, people goofing off/chatting at a red light which makes me 4 seconds late, and people that slow down when they get to a green light. Ugh.

In the class: Students that refuse to pay attention while I am lecturing and then ask the most ridiculous questions. The worst are the ones that ask me what the next step is in the exercise instead of A) Looking on the board where it is likely written B) Taking notes when I lectured 3 min ago. C) Looking in their lab manual. D) Asking a neighbor. I guess college kids are to be spoon fed these days.

J

Jiarn

Sounds like you hate people. Good thing you don't work in a very social envi.... oh wait....

Sounds like you hate people. Good thing you don't work in a very social envi.... oh wait....
Eh, I'm not really a misanthrope, but I do have my days. My wife says I've already reached grumpy old man status.

Last week was a pain in the ass, so my view is a bit skewed right now.

W

Wasabi Poptart

The two hour window. Every time something needs to be delivered or fixed, it is going to be done within a two hour window instead of at a specific time. For some reason that two hours of waiting ruins my entire day.

fade

Staff member
i for one continue to be annoyed with people who give me the holier than thou attitude about something. lately for me its been that I am not a real fan because I don't eat sleep and breath my hobby....
YES.

I seem to run into this about twice a month on the internet. I'm almost afraid to say, "I like X," because invariably someone is going to start talking technically about it, and then call me on it for not knowing it at their obsessive level of detail.

Here's a pet peeve. I am a grammar Nazi, but I cannot stand when people on the web point out errors that were obviously just typos. Time and a place, you know?

My pet peeves:

- Typing in txt/leetspeak on forums, or any other online entity that doesn't charge per-character. It's english, use it!
- People using their Facebook statuses like chain letters. The next evolution of annoy!
- People who post on forums specifically in an effort to get a negative reaction from others. Seems like a complete waste of time for everyone involved, and if that's how you get your jollies, then I feel sorry for you more than anything.

Work
- Professors who talk down to others because of their educational status.
- Students who talk down to everyone because of their ego.

General
- People that present their opinion as fact, and then referencing that opinion as a basis for future arguments.
- People who argue your point endlessly on semantics, and completely ignore the actual point.

Say it again, motherfucker! Say "heighth" again!

Also, people who look up in their rearview and go "OSHIT NIGGA, THE PO-PO," and immediately stand on the brake to 5 mph UNDER the limit.

I JUST WANT TO GET AROUND YOUR ASS SO I CAN GET TO MY CALL! ALL. OF. MY. HATE.

People who say "bolth" instead of "both", or "welp" instead of "well". Welp is not a real word in English. Whelp means to give birth, or an infant mammal. For some reason "welp" really annoys me.

People who say "bolth" instead of "both", or "welp" instead of "well". Welp is not a real word in English. Whelp means to give birth, or an infant mammal. For some reason "welp" really annoys me.
I always thought "welp" was due generally to an accent, like how old guys from Maine talk in stephen king books.

fade

Staff member
Pet peeve: drivers who pass me for the sake of passing someone, and then start going slower than I was going before they passed me.

I'm not a fan of the word 'prego'. That is spaghetti sauce and I will not be using that word when I'm pregnant.
Maybe I will make a facebook photo album named "Prego Photos" and post pics of bottle of sauce, though.

I'm not a fan of the word 'prego'. That is spaghetti sauce and I will not be using that word when I'm pregnant.
Maybe I will make a facebook photo album named "Prego Photos" and post pics of bottle of sauce, though.
My idiot brother, while I was watching the Academy Awards, announced "She's preggers!" when Natalie Portman came on stage. I wanted to punch him.
Added at: 22:29
People who write "should of" instead of "should have."
This. A billion times this.

I work in retail and I hate when customers come into the store, I ask them how their day is going, and they say, "No thanks, just looking."